Chapter 24:

I stood there and waited for Jake to say something but he walked right past me and up to Andreu instead.

"Thank you for protecting her. I owe you" He said in a buisness-like tone and shook his hand.

"Anytime, she wasn't a problem" He said just as buisnessy but had an underlining tone of an inside joke.

"I hope you mean that, I'll be doing alot of buisness next week and since clearly I cant trust her alone" He looked at me with critical stare. I just looked down and started playing with my hands. "I'll need to have her somewhere that I know she will be safe and stay out of trouble." He finished and crossed his arms.

I had conflicting emotions...

One hand I was kind of excited that I'd be coming back here and hanging with Andreu. He was mysterious but nice and protective. I could have fun here and go shopping, possibly meet some people.

but on the other hand I was sad that Jake wanted to just pawn me off to someone else. Like I was his pet dog that he need someone to take care of while he was gone. I almost felt rejected like I wasnt good enough to be liked by him. Even if he is rude and mean I still have that undeniable urge for him, sometimes I just wish I didn't.

"She will be welcome here, and I can assure you she wont be able to leave or cause any trouble." He said in a hair raising kind of way. I knew that he meant what he said too, which made kind of want to rebel against it.

"Well good luck with that she seems to love to test authority, I wouldnt be surprised if you end up locking her in a room" He laughed and I got pissed.

"Shut up Jake" I snapped and whipped the door open then slammed it closed.

I didn't know where I was walking to exactly but I didn't appriciate being talked about right in front of me. What was his problem? He doesnt get to just do this to me, its not right! I squeezed my fists and took deep breaths. I couldnt hold it in any longer by the time I hit the end of the hallway I punched the wall. Hard.

I took a step back and seen the hole I'd left. Not only did I have two hurt hands I also damaged someone elses property. Then I noticed Andreu didnt even try to stick up for me, he just went along. They were all the same. All asshole vampires and I didnt care about the damage I'd done anymore. I lifted my arm back and went to swing again at the wall when a hand stopped my fist.

It was Andreu. I pulled my hand back and took a step backwards. I was fuming, I was happy he caught me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He said angrily.

"Dont talk to me, your just like him!" I took a breath and gave him angry eyes. "And you know what? I actually thought you were someone I'd like to be around, someone who would look out for me! But your not, your just another vampire." With that I turned around and started to stomp down the stairs.

As I reached the last step I was lifted. I wasnt just lifted though, I was being pulled somewhere. I could barely feel the ground below my feet. Untill I hit a soft foamy surface and the breath was knocked from me.

I layed there with my eyes wide open for a second letting the foam form to my body. I knew exactly where I was but how did I get here. One second I was storming off and the next I'm laying on Andreu's bead. I didn't remember coming back here, I mean was there drugs in that hookah? You know what drugs are just bad, bad, bad, like really.

I dont know how long I was laying there, because I couldn't hear anything around me and the shock had me paralysed. Shocked that I was here, that I was alone, that I didn't know where Jake was or Andreu. I tried to sit up but I couldnt. I tried to move my head up but I couldnt, this wasnt shock anymore. I really couldnt move my body, oh my..

"Are you done being mad?" Andreu's voice spoke from a few feet away.

"When did you get here? And Why cant I get up?" I snapped.

"I didn't want you destroying the place anymore so I calmed you down" He said while taking two of his fingers and rubbed them down my arm.

I could feel again and move. I sat up instantly and hoped off the bed giving me as much distance from Andreu as possible. He didn't move but just watched me with peircing eyes.

"Dont ever do that to me again." I growled and folded my arms.

"You should be happy thats all I did to you! Any other vampire would of beat you." He hissed clearly I was making him mad but I couldn't control myself.

"Where is Jake?" I asked remembering I was supposed to be leaving with him.

"He asked if you could stay here tonight, He needs to deal with some people and its not safe for you to be at the mansion by yourself." He said calmly and took a few more step toward me.

My eyes snapped to his giving him a nasty look hoping he would back off. I didn't want him near me nor any other vampire at this point. I couldn't afford to trust anyone anymore.

"I wouldn't be alone, Fioni is there and there is security" I argued back hoping he would see truth and take me back there. It was a stretch I know.

"No Fioni is not there, and the security isnt enough." He took a step forward.

"Where is she?" I asked getting a little worried.

"She has been asked to go elsewhere for the week, I do not know the details." He took another step forward.

"Back off!" I screamed and took a few steps back.

"Im not going to hurt you Heather!" His eyes narrowed and looked really offended. I probably was over reacting but how am I supposed to know who to trust.

"Why?..Why do you want to be nice to me when any other vampire wouldn't? You dont even know me!" I yelled and started walking to the window doors. I wanted air before I passed out on this poor guys floor.

He was in front of me in an instant scaring the crap out of me. His face was inches from mine and I was captivated into his space. His eyes blazed a blue and his breath was ragged. Just his stare kept me from moving even the slightest, blinking was even a chore.

"Heather I feel a draw to you, even though you don't belong to me, and I'm doing my damndest not to take you as my own." He breathed in and closed his eyes. " I want to protect you, so please let me, atleast be some part of your life!" He opened his eyes and they changed to a unique gold but still blazed like fire.

My words were caught in my throat, mainly because I wasnt expecting to hear that. My mouth opened a little bit but I shut it because nothing I could say would be able to fight agaisnt that. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard and it made me want to kiss him.

I took another step closer to him and we were exactly one inch apart and I lifted my mouth close to his. "Why can't you take me?" I whispered on his lips and he hissed in reponse.

"Dont do this Heather its not good for either of us" He growled but didn't move, or maybe he couldnt.

THe windows behind him shattered out of no where and I jumped back.

Out side stood a woman vampire, really really pissed off and she was looking right at me.

----------------------------------

sorry I'm busy this week, alot going on should be writting more often now though ;)

comment and vote :)