chapter 21: dress shopping

I sat there watching the birds fly around from tree to tree. I almost envied them, being able to just soar away from wherever they were and go to a new place with no strings attached. Yet I could now sympathize with the ones who were pets because being caged in. Its not fair to be locked away, when you can do something as magical as flying!

I wasn't sure if Jake was home yet, and I wasnt ready to even look at him. How can I stay calm when I know he was just sucking the memory from my parents, literally. The thought sends pictures straight to my head and I shivered.

No I would not be able to look at Jake in the eyes.

"Heather? What are you doing up there?" Ambers voice bellowed from below.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I called back happy to see it was her and not Jake or Fioni trying to get me to come inside again.

"Just wanted to ask you something, Mind if I come up?" She called.

"Yeah just be careful" I called "I dont want Dan hunting me down"

"Oh whatever" She giggled and started to climb up.

"I'm definitly getting weak, I should be able to do this without sweating" She laughed and concentrated up the last branch.

"I just jump alot, so dont worry Im no super girl"

"Well.." She finally got to the one by mine " I wanted to ask you to come dress shopping with me for the ball" She smiled.

"Dress shopping? I thought you said tomorrow?" I could of sworn she did.

"Yeah but Dan and Jake are going to be gone most of the night, royal buisness and stuff so I figured why not go tonight?" She shrugged and smiled.

"You know what I think" I raised my brow at her.

"What?" She looked innocent.

"I think you just can't wait, and you know that they cant spy on us because royal buisness takes awhile." I folded my arms and waited for her confession.

"well..maybe" She half grinned.

"I figured, but I'm down to get out of here." I smiled and started to climb down quickly while Amber took her sweet time.

"So do they know we are going?" I asked waiting for her.

"um..." "Kinda" "They know we are going into town" She grunted getting down.

"Amber no trouble this time" I said sternly.

--------

We got into the armor protected car inbetween two large and handsomly scary men. They had suits on all black with red threads in certain areas...blood red. Hooked to their ears were those spirally head pieces they use to communicate.

"We have the girls, heading south to La torish town" One spoke quickly then kept his eyes forward.

The ride remained eerie and silent the whole time without and introductions or hellos. I kept my eyes on the window focusing on my surroundings. There was a long stretch of just trees, so if I were to escape, I'd need a car.

After about twenty minutes we arrive in a little town that had many stores lining it. Some were antique stores, some food, some clothing and even holiday stores. I was almost excited to get back out doing something somewhat normal.

We pulled into a parking lot of a dress store that looked extemely fancy. I then looked down at myself and seen that I was wearing some jeans and a loose t shirt. I felt not so adequite to go in there. I knew that Amber would not have it though, so I just kept my insecuritys to myself.

 We got out and so did two guard behind us.

"Your not coming in with us, we will be trying on clothes and doing girl things, go away!" Amber snapped and my mouth popped into an O. I didnt know amber was capable of such attitude.

The guard hiss low and tightened his fists. He narrowed his eyes and firmed his stance.

"I was told to watch you at all times, so go." He growled.

"Did you not hear me? Are you just stupid or plain out clueless? I said go somewhere!" She screamed loud enough to get people to stop around us and stare.

"So unless you want me to scream stranger danger I suggest you go" she whispered low and I finally realized what she was doing. She was making people think this was a dangerous scene and she knew they couldnt do anything while people were watching. She was smart.

"I will be telling your masters" He whispered harshly but left.

"Amber, did you really already get us into trouble?" I said while shaking my head.

"You didnt honestly want them following us the whole time did you? They looked consitpated and just bored of life!" she laughed and pushed open the door to the dress shop.

The store was lined with a million dresses to choose from. There was a catagory for wedding gowns, home coming, prom....prom. I wont be going to mine I thought and It made me extremely home sick. Not that I would have a date to prom anyway but it was something girls talk about throughout their years of high school and I'd be missing it.

"Hey, you okay?" Amber said quietly looking at me with concerend eyes.

"Yeah just thinking about other stuff." I mumbled and started to look around.

"Okay, well they have a special area for our dresses, being royal and all." She smiled and pulled me along.

"Wait, were royal?" I said shocked.

"Yes, because our mates are royal therefore making us royal." She said in a duh tone.

A woman in an extrememly tight dress about size 2 came prowling up to us. He face was a permenate scowl but she was still very pretty.

"Can I help you two? Perhaps prom or-"

"Amber and Heather here for our royal gown fitting" Amber cut her off and folded her arms. She was funny and so full of attitude.

 "Oh, very well then..." She said and started walking to the back of the store.

------

The fitting was akward and well kind of a blow on my self esteem. The woman gave me a small size and said I had a week to loose 5 pounds and then it would look great. I wanted to punch her and I'm surprised amber didnt by the way her eyes narrowed at her.

We finished and headed out the front door when I stopped.

"Amber where are we going?" I didnt know how we were getting back because our escorts were gone.

"Out" She smiled and started walking to place that had music booming from down the block.

"Oh no no no, amber did you not learn from last time!" I yelled knowing this was gonna be trouble.

"Come on, its just a hookah bar!" she started to drag me along.

"They have those here?" I started to walk a little.

"Well duh, this isnt a ghost town" She rolled her eyes.

"Okay but only for a few minutes" I nodded and smiled because I loved hookah bars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

upload again tonight just needed to do some stuff this week :)

comment :)

you wont know who will be in there and what she is gonna see