Chapter 29: dinner

I went upstairs and into my room to decide what to wear to the dinner. Should I be really formal because it a royal dinner? Or should I be casual yet formal at the same time to let them see my personality. Actually the bigger question is why do I even care?

My life is so screwed up right now... I dont even know what I'm doing or why I'm even doing it anymore. Everything is just so mixed up! One minuted Im laughing with Jake the next Im crying. One minute Im running away and hanging at hookah bars the next Im getting ready for a royal vampire dinner.

I sighed and put my hand to my fore head. This is not what I had in mind for my future.

The door closed behinde my and I twirled around. It was Fioni.

"Hey! your not supposed to be talking to me your gonna get in trouble." I whispered.

"Its okay, Master Jake SENT me in here to help you find an outfit." She rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand.

"Oh" I blinked my eyes and let her drag me into the walk in closet.

"First of all, you want to be in something you can move in and breath in." She began skimming through, you guessed it, dresses.

"Second you want something sort of dark" She started pullling down dresses.

"Why something dark?" I questioned.

"Well not to be rude, but you dont know royal table manners and if you spill something it will be less noticable on dark cloth." She smiled and layed down a few black and deep blue colors.

"These all will work for tonight, I will let you choose. See you when you come down!" She smiled and left the room.

"Well that didnt take long" I mumbled to myself and started picking up dresses and putting them infront of my in the full length mirror.

This one has way too much cleavage, and this one is too big, and this one has frills..eww, and this one. it went on and on untill I had no dresses to choose from. Damn.

I looked back at the closet and tried looking for myself, keeping mind Fionis comments though I highly disagree that I dont have proper table manners. I hardly ever spill food on myself unless its spagetti.

After looking at some pretty purple dresses I see the one that I couldnt say no to. It was red and seductive but classy. I would be beautiful in this dress yet I could move in it too. I picked it up and put it infront of me. It was long enought so I didnt have to wear heels!

I had to wear it and that was final. I put it on over me and glanced into the mirror. It hugged my chest and brought out my blue eyes. I spun around and posed a few times untill i started giggling. i felt like a princess.

..you are a princess my mind told me.

I was one, a royal one techniqually.. hmph its wierd that I dreampt of being a little princess. I wanted to be beautiful and always dressed in pretty clothes. Now I get my chance and I'm pushing it away the best I can. Why?

Because they are taking me away from everything....

I shook my head and snapped back into the moment.. I was going to dinner.

 I had the perfect dress, now i needed the perfect hairstyle. Swishing to the bathroom I got excited at all the possiblilitys I could do. It almost felt like I was getting ready to go out, with friends or something. So thats what I pretended to do.

In the bathroom there was a long mirror that I could see my whole body in. Perfect. I pulled out drawers and drawers full of make up and hair stuff. I pulled out some clips and bobby pins this hair style was going to be a master piece.....

JAKES POV.

She makes me want to just hand her off for awhile. I'm not a baby sitter, and I'm not her lover, friend, aquantance im not her anything! I slammed my fist down on the table and felt annoyed when I could hear the wood start to give way.

"Jake you can't keep pretending." His long nails dragged along the table as he turned to me.

"Pretending what?" I growled keeping my eyes where his hand stopped.

"That you don't have some sort of attachment to her.... that you won't start to...love her." He said darkly and dug a circle into the table.

"I am not attatched to her in any way." I pushed away from the table and stepped back.

"Any man is attatched to his luxarys." He laughed a throaty laugh, and folded his hands infront of him.

"She is more like a chore than a luxary." I grumbled.

"Ahh.. I see" He narrowed his eyes from under his hood. "You wish to stay in the past, and not let the future come." He voice got colder and so did the room.

There was ice forming on the outside of the window and my breath was visable in front of me. He was getting angry.

"I'm not staying in the past, Im just picking a different future, one that lets me be alone." I stared at the cloaked figure with a hard stare.

"You dont believe you can love her?" He asked his hand twirling the scythe.

"I do not belive I can love her, not when I hate her." I turned from him. "Not when I'm not capable of loving anyone." I whispered.

"Hate and love are equally powerfull, Jake." I heard his voice float to my ear and vibrate on the walls.

"I will not love her, ever." I shook my head and squeezed my fists.

"Then so be it." He said eerily.

"What do you mean?" I asked to an empty room because he was gone and I was alone.

-------------

Heathers pov.

I was done, and I had to say it was one of my best works yet. My hair was in an elegant bun and off my shoulders. The dress had straps that went around my arm but not my shoulders so I figured I would keep them open. My make up was not casual but not hooker make up either. It suited my eyes and skin well.

I was ready to go and face what was to come to me...dinner.

There was a knock at my door. I stood up and glided to the door and didnt open it just stood by it.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Jake, are you ready?" His voice was clipped.

"Yes, I'll be down in a second." I said in half an attitude but half excitement.

I was responded to with silence. He must of just walked down the steps.

I quickly went into the bathroom and sprayed myself with a pretty purple bottle that smelled amazing and dashed out my door.

I took a deep breath and decended down the steps. I tried to be careful not to trip in these heels because I would never ever forgive myself.

I looked up once I reached the bottom of the steps and seen fioni smiling but giving quick glances to Jake. Like she was waiting for him to freak out.

My gaze transferred to his face and it was one of many emotions. He scanned my body top to bottom and it made me blush because of the tingles his stare gave me.

I walked toward him and stopped two feet from him and smiled.

"Are you ready?" I said a bit shakily because I got a full view at what he looked like and I wanted to die.

He was in a black outfit with dress shirt and dress pants. His har was spiked back and his eyes were shinning at me.

He started walking toward the door and snapped his fingers at me."Come" He ordered and opened the door.

Omg are you serious.... he did not just call me like a dog. I didnt hesitate to move though, I had enough trouble lately. Tonight I just wanted to have a good night, no fights and no problems.

I got seated in the car and took a deep breath.