Super babysitter!

About four months after Hope was born, Peter was able to go on patrol with Wade again. Patrol not crime fighting much to his dismay. Since the two of them had to go out together they needed a babysitter. Anthony and Steve were out on a date, Emily and Jason had their own kid to take care of, the Barton-Maximoff and Barnes family went on vacation a week ago, Thor was with Jane, and mom went to Asgard earlier that day so I was the only person available.

"Are you sure you trust me enough to babysit your child?" I asked as I walked into the apartment.

"Why wouldn't we?" Peter asked as he struggled to put his suit on. I wrapped me arm around my chest.

"Because I was raised by HYDRA?" I brought up softly. They just waved it off.

"You'll be fine." Wade reassured me as he pulled on a new mask. I rolled my eyes. If the merc with a mouth was fine with me babysitting a child then I should be fine.

"The number for pizza is by the phone, there's a bottle for Hope in the fridge which she will be needing in about an hour or whenever she wakes up, and all of her toys are scattered around the room." Peter told me before hugging me goodbye. "Like Wade said, you'll be fine." I smiled faintly.

"Okay." I said. "Is she in her crib?" Peter nodded.

"Yeah, she should be waking up shortly. Don't forget to give her her bottle when she does." I nodded. Wade gave me a hug before the two of them walked out. I inhaled and bit my lip.

"Okay, she'll be up pretty soon and will need to eat." I muttered to myself as I checked my watch. "And I'll need to eat soon. After she eats, I'll eat. Yeah that sounds like a plan." I nodded slightly.

I walked over to the couch and turned on the t.v. Nothing interesting was on so I looked through the movie box before settling on Hunger Games. It looked interesting enough so I put it in.

As the movie played, I contently watched before hearing Hope crying through the monitor. Immediately, I jumped up and walked into their bedroom so I could get Hope. Her hazel eyes went wide as I came into view.

"Shh, shh, everything's okay." I comforted her as I picked her up before walking into the kitchen to grab the bottle out of the fridge. I walked over to the couch and sat back down. Then I grabbed my phone and texted Peter, now realizing I had no clue how to feed a baby.

What do I do with the bottle? -EB

Give her half, burp her, give her the rest, burp her. -PP

Thanks. -EB

I followed his instructions before stopping and grabbing a towel for her to burp on. Then I gave her the rest of the bottle and burped her again. She was a thirsty little thing.

After putting the bottle in the sink, I switched the movie over to a cartoon for babies. I didn't think Hope wanted to watch Hunger Games. The show looked stupid but Hope seemed to enjoy it.

She was staring at the screen as colorful animals paraded around. I bounced her on my lap and smiled down at her. As much of an ass Wade is, he does make cute babies. But Hope does have most of her mother's looks.

After an hour of watching the show, I placed her in her playpen and started playing around with to toys in the pen to get her to laugh. She had little rattles and soft blocks and things. Hope had a small sparkle in her hazel eyes as she watched me play with the toys. I smirked.

"Well aren't you cute." I absentmindedly stated. She looked up at me and grabbed my index finger. I looked down at my hand and smiled before picking her up again. "Okay, you're too cute for me not to play with you."

I put her down on the blanket and started tickling her. She started giggling which was very contagious so I ended up laughing too. If there was any question to it (not that there would be), you would know for a fact that Hope was Peter's kid with how happy she was.

It was about seven when I decided to order pizza which took half an hour to arrive. I payed the man before setting the pizza on the counter and grabbing a slice. Hope was laying on the blanket so I walked back over with my pizza. She looked up at me as set her on my lap.

"You ate about three hours ago, don't judge me." I told her. She just giggled. I turned the baby cartoon back on as I ate. She seemed to be fascinated by it. "You seriously like this show?" I asked her. She turned to look at me as if she were going to answer. I raised an eyebrow at the little Parker-Wilson. "But it's just a bunch of colors and shapes." She made some unintelligent noise. I resisted the urge to laugh as I shrugged. "Whatever you say, Miss." She babbled again before turning to the t.v. I took a bite of my pizza.

Hope fell asleep at around eight so I put her in her crib and went back to watching Hunger Games. Peter and Wade walked in half an hour later. I turned the t.v off, seeing as there was no reason to keep it on when I'd be leaving.

"Hey, how'd patrolling go?" I asked, standing up and facing them.

"Terrible." I raised an eyebrow. "Green Goblin showed up and of course I couldn't fight but that didn't stop him from throwing me around!" Peter started, pulling off the mask to reveal bruises. I winched. "Wade stopped him, though which is good."

"If it makes you feel any better, Hope and I got along just fine." Peter stopped taking his suit off and smiled at me. "Okay I know that changing in front of girls isn't weird for you, but you changing in front of me is weird for me so either hurry up and change or just stop changing." Peter quickly put clothes on before moving over to the couch. I stepped out of his way so he could fall onto it. I smirked.

"I'm sorry, and yes, it does make me feel better." He mumbled into the couch cushion.

"You're fine as long as you don't do it again." I looked over at Wade to see if he was bruised. "How come you're not beaten up?" I asked.

"I can heal quicker." He stated with a shrug, stealing a slice of the pizza I had ordered.

"But I thought Peter could do that too?" I asked, looking over at the brunette on the couch. He moaned.

"Yeah, not as quick." Wade responded. I nodded.

"Well, I've got to go. Hope fell asleep half an hour ago so I put her in the crib." I said as I headed for the door.

"Thanks again, Eliza, for babysitting." Wade said. I paused, turning to face him.

"Beth." I stated. He raised an eyebrow. "You said Eliza, I finished with Beth. Only Tyler can call me Eliza. You are more than welcome to call me Beth though." He nodded. "As for this? This was nothing. Oh, and if you ever need me to babysit again I'm available!" He chuckled.

"Says the girl that thought she couldn't take care of a kid."

Thank you @ILoveMyBear_2004 for the idea of this chapter.