I'm "in trouble"

When we got home, I hung my book bag up
in the hallway and walked into the living room. Mom noticed me and smiled. I looked around, I was the first one home. With a shrug, I walked over and sat on the couch next to mom. Jason walked in a moment later.

"How was school?" Mom asked.

"Awesome! I love going to the institute." I cheered. He smiled brighter.

"That's good. Did you meet anybody?" I nodded.

"Yes actually, I met a boy." I stated. Everyone groaned.

"Never a good way to start. Every bad story comes from telling your parents you met a boy." Peter told me. My brows furrowed.

"But I did." I responded. Jason gave me the death glare.

"Yes, the boy I told you not to hangout with." He added. I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"Oh? And who's so terrible that she can't hangout with him?" Mom asked, intrigued by the conversation.

"Ace Card who's bad boy on campus. Not to mention that he's two years older than you!" Jason argued. I shrugged.

"It's just two years. It's not like it's twenty." Mom chuckled.

"Bad boy, huh?" He asked. I shrugged. "Is he hot?" Tyler and Josh walked in, followed by Erik who just zoomed up the stairs. Tyler looked over, intrigued by the question. I nodded.

"Smoking!" I answered, throwing my head back. Tyler's expression fell before practically went running upstairs. I glanced over at Josh. He shrugged before going after his twin brother. Jason glared at us.

"Loki, Ace has had a troubled past and he likes using it to manipulate the girls at the institute. I don't want Elizabeth to be one of those girls." Jason reasoned. "You haven't seen what I've seen." Mom sighed and looked at me.

"You want to continue seeing him, don't you?" I nodded.

"Please, mom? He was super nice to me today and he works at an animal shelter! He didn't act like a bad boy at all. And other than Tyler, he would be the only friend remotely close to my age! Please mom?" I pleaded. He chuckled softly.

"Of course you can. As long as you promise me that you won't get manipulated." I nodded.

"I promise." I stated brightly. "I won't get manipulated." He nodded. I looked over at Jason. "Hey! Did you hear about Peter and Wade?" I brought up. Peter leaned further back into the couch as if he were trying to get it to consume him. Jason shook his head.

"Did they break up?" He asked. I shook my head. "Did someone get hurt?" I shook my head. "Peter? Are you going to give me an actual answer?" He asked. Peter looked over at him.

"Do I have to?" He whispered. Jason nodded.

"Yes, because now I'm very intrigued on what happened." Peter sighed and pulled away from the couch. He pulled his knees up to his chest.

"You know how I wasn't feeling good and I kept throwing up?" Jason nodded.

"I remember that, I got you ginger ale at the party." Party. . . What party? "But why is that so important?" Peter bit his lip.

"Well, Elizabeth figured out why I wasn't feeling good." He whispered.

"How'd you do that? Thought you weren't a scientist?" I shook my head.

"I'm not. . ." I agreed. "I don't think I am." I corrected. "But I guess I can hear people's heartbeats because of an experiment HYDRA, whatever that is, tested on me." I answered. Jason's brows furrowed.

"Wait, I'm confused. What does hearing people's heartbeats have to do with why Peter wasn't feeling good?" Nobody said anything, we just let the information set in and waited for it to click. "Oh. You're. . ." Jason trailed off. Peter nodded.

"Yep." He agreed, popping the 'p'.

"Spideypool baby." Jason absentmindedly stated. Everyone started laughing except Peter, he just cracked a smile. "Sorry! I probably shouldn't have said that." Jason apologized.

"No, you're fine." Peter continued to smile before mumbling the same thing Jason just said. "Spideypool baby. . ." He rested a hand on his stomach before jumping up and grabbing a jacket. "Thanks Jay!" He cheered.

"For what?" Jason asked, turning around to face Peter.

"For making me feel a lot more comfortable about the situation." Peter explained before dashing out of the door.

"No problem?" Jason turned back to us. "What's his deal?" I shrugged. Everyone else started talking but I decided to pull out of the conversation. Making my way upstairs, I found Tyler's closed bedroom door and knocked. A muffled 'come in' sounded from the other side of the door. I opened it to find Tyler laying on his bed, his head in his pillow.

"Ty, are you okay?" I asked gently. He slowly turned to face me. I frowned slightly as I made my way over to him.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I raised an eyebrow as I sat down on the bed, smoothing out my dress.

"Really? Because you don't look fine." Tyler sat up, pulling his knees to his chest. "No one who is fine comes running up the stairs just to plant themselves face first into their pillow." I tilted my head to the side. "What's wrong?" He shook his head. "Look, if it's about the boy I met today then-"

"No, it's not about that." Tyler cut off, moving closer to me. "It's just. . . Nothing. Don't worry about it." I looked at him sadly. His fingers brushed past my ear as he pulled the hair tie out of my hair. My hair fell into my face. Tyler brushed it away. "I'm glad you met someone you care so much about." I smiled before kissing his cheek. "I'd hate to be your only friend." I giggled softly.

"Well now you don't have to worry about it. But if you ever feel like I'm neglecting you or something, just tell me." I ran my fingers through his dark red hair. He closed his eyes and sighed. "I love you, Ty." He pressed his lips together, like I had said something I shouldn't have. He shook his head slightly before opening his eyes and smiling at me.

"I love you too, Ellie." He cupped my cheek. I leaned into the contact. "I'm just so sorry for everything." My brows furrowed.

"You didn't do it." I stated. He smiled faintly.

"How much do you remember about the accident?" My eyes flickered to his nightstand.

"We were coming home from the drugstore." I recalled slowly. He nodded. "We were in the car, stopped at a stoplight." He nodded again, more eager. "Then. . ." I looked back to him. "Then a car hit us and I woke up in the hospital." His face fell. "I'm sorry-"

"Don't be." He pulled his hand back. "There's no reason you have to be sorry. None of this is your fault. It's all mine."

"Tyler, it's not your fault. The guy was drunk." He looked at me, his eyes glaring daggers for some reason.

"Yeah. That's the truth behind the accident. A drunk driver."