My first taken Valentine's day

Today is the day of romance, the day of love, the day to spend time with those you care about. Today is Valentine's Day and I get to spend it with Ace! Mom's a little upset because it would be the first Valentine's Day without dad since he died. As a matter of fact, he told me me how their first Valentine's Day was when they were together as I waited for Ace. Today is also Tyler and Josh's birthday so I said I would do something with them once I get back from my date. Josh seemed excited about it but Tyler looked unamused.

"Your dad was called for a mission in the beginning of February and it lasted a little while longer than expected so he was actually overseas for Valentine's Day." Mom said. "We had only been married for about four months and I was seven months pregnant with you." My brows furrowed.

"You got married after you got pregnant?" I asked. Mom nodded.

"Yes, but don't think you were a mistake. We both still love you. But as I was saying, your father ended up coming home later that day so we decided to go into our room and had a movie marathon."

"Aww. That's adorable." I cooed. "But I have an idea!"

"And what would that be?" He asked with a faint smile.

"Once I get back from my date and once I'm done hanging out with Josh and Ty, we can go have a movie marathon in your room. Just like we did sixteen years ago." Mom kissed the top of my head.

"I like that idea." As soon as the words left his mouth, the doorbell rang. "Go have fun." I gave him a kiss before I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hey pretty thing." He greeted. I was wearing a light pink dress with red hearts patterned onto it and it went to the back of my knee. I had on white tights with silver heels. My long black hair was braided down my back. I had on the necklace that Ace gave me when we first started dating, mom's engagement ring was still on my finger, and I had a gold bracelet with an E on it, it was a Christmas gift from Emily.

"Back at ya, handsome." I walked out to his car and hopped in the passengers seat. We talked a little bit before we got to the restaurant.

"Okay, I've been ignoring this for a while but now that it's Valentine's Day I just gotta ask, what's with the ring?" He waited until after we ordered our food to bring it up. I giggled softly.

"It's my mom's. I asked him if I could wear it the day my dad died. This way I'll always remember them." I stated. "Or at least, that's what I've been told." Ace nodded.

"Aww. That's kinda cute." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my lemonade.

"Yeah. Now it's my turn to question a piece of your jewelry. What's with the bracelet?" I asked, gesturing to said article of clothing.

"Homemade. I made it shortly after I was rescued. By then I sorta gave up on caring, that changed once I met you though." I blushed and looked away.

"I'm nothing special." I mumbled with a slight shrug. Ace smirked.

"Don't think so little of yourself, princess." I froze upon hearing the nickname. It was like a dam inside my mind broke as soon as the words left his mouth. Memories cane pouring in- no, flooding in. Memories of HYDRA and the people I've killed, memories of meeting the Avengers for the first time, the memory of going to the mansion for the first time, but more importantly, the first conversation Tyler and I had on the stairs the day after I came home.

"Yes, you do. You deserve all of the love in the world." I smiled faintly.

"Thanks for the pep talk, Russian Widow." He raised an eyebrow. I smirked. "I like the sound of that." I nodded. "Yeah. That's your new nickname." He rolled his eyes before smirking.