It's a date

Peter must've come home late last night because I never saw him again after that. Tyler and I did our homework together, his music playing over his speaker in his room. I didn't mind the noise, in fact, I quite enjoyed it. Then after dinner I went upstairs into my room and went to sleep.

After getting dressed and rushing downstairs, I quickly ate my breakfast before grabbing my bag and running out the door. I had overslept so I was running a little late. Peter was already sitting in the car, he said he would take me today.

"Okay, did you say you wanted to take me so we could talk or did you say you wanted to take me because you want to take me?" I asked as we pulled out of the garage. Peter smiled.

"Both." He answered then started to laugh. "So, um, you will be the first person I would tell but I need your advice." I nodded. "Wade asked me to move in with him last night." I squealed. Peter chuckled. "But I don't know if I-"

"Oh you're moving in with him, Parker." He smiled faintly, as if thinking about a memory that happened ages ago. "You two are adorable!!" I exclaimed. "I can't believe he actually asked you." Peter shook his head.

"It's not like he asked me to marry him." I rolled my eyes.

"I know but at least it's a step in the right direction." I stated. He nodded. Oh I can't believe this is happening!! Wade's being so responsible. "You two are gonna make amazing parents." He smiled warmly.

"You think so?" He asked.

"No." I stated. He raised an eyebrow. "I know so." He chuckled. "Are you ready to be a parent though? I've heard kids are a huge responsibility." He shrugged.

"Not really, but I think I'll manage. We both will." I smiled.

"I better be there for the wedding." He rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm being serious, Peter." He nodded. "Honestly!"

"I know, Ellie, I know."

For the rest of the ride we just listened to the music on the radio. We finally got to the institute and, after getting out of the car, I walked into the school. Today I was wearing a bluish green dress with pink cherry blossoms branching up from the leg and from the chest along with a pair of black flats that were super comfy. My hair was braided down the side and I had a pretty arrow necklace. The only thing that didn't change about my outfit was the ring on my finger. That will never go away as long as I'm still alive.

I walked over to my first period class and saw Ace trying to pick the lock again. With a roll of my eyes, I tapped his shoulder. He looked up at me.

"Hey you." I greeted kindly. He smirked.

"I thought your godfather told you you couldn't see me?" He asked. I giggled.

"Oh, he did." I answered, biting my lip. "But, uh, mom said otherwise." I smiled. "And what he says goes." Ace nodded, standing up so we were at eye level.

"Good. It would really suck if I couldn't see such a pretty thing like you." I had to resist the urge to giggle as he caressed my cheek with the back of his hand. He turned back to the door handle and unlocked it. "You know, I was thinking-"

"That's never a good thing." I joked with a slight laugh. He didn't look amused. "Sorry." I apologized.

"As I was saying, I was thinking about the two of us last night." He continued. I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?" I asked. "Is that a good thing?" He nodded. We walked into the classroom together.

"It should be, that is if you say yes." He said. My brows furrowed.

"Yes to what?" I asked as we took our seats. He turned to face me, is green eyes softening as they met mine.

"Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?" I stared at him for a second before feeling all of the blood rush to my cheeks. I looked away so he wouldn't see the redness that was coming apparent in my face. It would be really embarrassing if Ace saw that I was blushing.

"Like, on a date?" I asked with a giggle at the end. He nodded, grabbing my hand and holding it delicately.

"Yeah, on a date." He agreed. "Unless you don't want it to be one!" He quickly added the last part. Ace looks cute when he's sad so I decided to kiss his cheek. The smirk on his face went away and turned into a smile. I moved from his cheek to his ear and whispered my answer.

"It's a date." His eyes widened.

"Really?!" I nodded. "Oh, Elizabeth, you won't regret it! I'll come by at around five and pick you up. I promise I won't be late." He assured. I giggled.

"I'm sure you won't be, Ace. I have faith in you." He smiled warmly at me.

"Thank you so much, Elizabeth. You don't know how much I needed you to say yes."