Date night

"Whoa?" I repeated. "Is that a good whoa? Because if it isn't I can run upstairs and take all of this off in about 30 minutes, maybe less." He laughed and shook his head a little bit.

"No, it's a good whoa. You look amazing." I blushed and looked at the floor.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Good luck you two!" Tyler growled as he practically shoved me out of the house. I waved goodbye as he closed the door. Ace and I were standing on the porch kinda awkwardly before he accompanied me to his car. We both got in and he started driving to the restaurant.

"So. . ." I started.

"So. . ." He repeated. "Is this your first date?" I bit my lip.

"I think so." I whispered. "Is it yours?" He nodded.

"Yeah." I started to stare out the window and I think Ace noticed. "You like staring at the sky?"

"Sorry." I said and fixed my gaze on the traffic in front of us. He chuckled.

"That doesn't answer the question."

"I guess." I responded. "It just fascinates me, ya know? Makes everything seem so far away, especially at night and with the stars." Ace smirked.

"Do you wanna be an astronomer when you're older?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. Haven't really thought about it. Or at least, I don't remember if I have." He nodded.

"Got it. It must suck not remembering anything." I nodded. "Well, let's just hope you don't have a boyfriend somewhere out there that's gonna kick my ass because I'm taking you out on a date." I giggled. Ace cracked a smile. We pulled into a parking space as we wrapped up the conversation. He got out first and came around to open the door for me.

"Thank you kind, sir."

"No problem, m'lady." I giggled softly. We walked into the restaurant holding hands. When we got inside he went over to the desk table thingy and told her what the reservation name was under. "Card. Ace Card."

"Oh yes, right this way." The lady said as she started leading us to a booth. I slid into one side of the booth as he slid into the other. I pulled out a menu and started looking through the drink part.

"Have you been here before?" I asked.

"Yeah. The foods really good." I nodded in acknowledgement. "You should get their strawberry lemonade, it's homemade."

"Then maybe that's what I'll get." He hummed for a little bit as we continued looking over the menu. "The shrimp looks good." I pointed out. He shook his head.

"It's not. It gives you food poisoning." Ace warned. I laughed and continued looking.

"What about the spaghetti? Is that good?" I asked, looking up from the menu. Ace nodded.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll get that too." We both folded up our menus just in time for the waitress to walk over.

"Hi, I'm Amy and I'll be your waitress for this evening. Can I start you off with anything? Drinks or maybe an appetizer?" I opened my mouth to speak but Ace cut me off.

"We'll both have the strawberry lemonade and an order of garlic bread to start off with."

"Very well, Ace." She turned around and headed to the kitchen with our order. I turned to Ace and smiled.

"I have a mouth of my own you know." I remarked.

"Oh I know." He smiled back. "Whatcha wanna talk about?"

"Um. . ." I started and ended up biting my lip in embarrassment. "If it isn't that personal. . . Okay that's a stupid way to start. If you want to, can we talk about your history? Y'know, your childhood and stuff."

"I suppose. There isn't much to talk about really, my parents abused me when I was younger because of me being a mutant and I've still got some of the scars. Professor Xavier came to my rescue and took me to the institute. The day I got my drivers license, I moved out and bought an apartment close by. I still go to the institute for school though and that's pretty much it. What about you? What was your childhood like?" I shrugged.

"From the sound of it, terrible." He raised an eyebrow so I explained. "Fury. . . When I was born, Fury took me and placed me up for adoption. I guess was adopted by a HYDRA agent and lived there for the first 16 years of my life. So apparently I fought and killed and did HYDRA stuff. I just recently found my family but then my dad died and I got amnesia so. . . yeah. That's pretty much it." He threw me a smile.

"I guess we both had troubled pasts." I nodded and started looking around. "I'm just sorry you can't remember yours." I smiled sadly. Our drinks came and the garlic bread then we ordered our dinner. As we ate the garlic bread we continued our conversation.

"Green. I'm gonna have to say that my favorite color is green." I answered, smoothing out my dress underneath the table.

"No way! Mine too!" We both started laughing.

"Animal?" I asked.

"Pandas. They're adorable."

"Same!" We laughed again as our food was placed in front of us. I took a bite and I wanted to scream at how awesome it tasted. "This is delicious."

"Yes, it is." Ace agreed. As we ate we continued talking about everything. We didn't even realize we were done eating until the waitress gave us the bill. "I'll pay for it."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm the one who asked you out not the other way around. I can handle the bill." I smiled.

"Thanks Ace." When the bill was taken care of, we walked over to the car and climbed back in. "I just realized that I never asked you what you want to be. So, whatcha wanna do when you're older?"

"I'm fine with the animal shelter so far. I'll get back to you if I change my mind." I laughed and looked out the window again. I think Ace looked at me for a second but I didn't really care, the sunset looked really pretty. "You're really fascinated by the sky." He stated.

"I guess. But who wouldn't be? It's beautiful."

"Yeah, I suppose it is. But it's not as beautiful as the lovely lady sitting beside me." I blushed and looked over at him.

"You must really think I'm pretty. This isn't the first time you've said that." I remarked. He smirked.

"Is it wrong to say that you are?"

"No, I guess not." When we got home, he walked me up to the porch and we started talking. "I had fun tonight."

"I did too and I would love to do it again."

"So would I. Maybe next Friday night? We can go mini golfing." I suggested.

"Sounds like a date." We both started laughing before he cupped his hand underneath my chin and brought my face closer to his. I kept looking between his eyes and his lips before he brought me as close to his face as possible. He started kissing my lips and, surprisingly, I kissed back. Then Ace wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We only pulled away when we needed air. "This might be jinxing everything but, will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled and gave him a quick kiss before saying anything.

"Only if you'll be my boyfriend." He let out a shaky breath and kissed me.

"I think that's doable."