Preparation for my first date

I rushed out of the classroom when school was over and quickly climbed into Peter's car. Wade was with him so I hopped into the backseat. My nerves were racing so I was bouncing up and down in the seat and playing the drums on my legs with my fingers.

"Hey! Calm down back there!" Wade scolded so I stopped bouncing and started tapping my foot. "Stop that too!"

"Sorry, I just can't help it." I apologized. It felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest.

"What's got you so happy?" Peter asked as he turned on the turn signal. I bit my lip, not sure if I should tell them or not. Oh, what the heck?

"I've got a date tonight." I whispered, leaning closer to the two seats.

"Aww. Elizabeth's got a boyfriend." They sang together. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, shut up you two!" I scolded. "At least I'm not pregnant!" I countered as I lightly kicked Peter's seat. I saw Peter's cheeks turn red in the mirror.

"Hey, you be nice to Peter!" Wade scolded again but I rolled my eyes at him.

"I am being nice. We were talking about it on the way to school." I smirked and leaned closer to Wade. "How grown up of you to ask Peter to move in with you." He laughed.

"Don't go telling anyone." I zipped my lips up. Wade smiled and nodded. "'Atta girl." I giggled then started looking out the window. Peter snapped me out of my daze moments later.

"This date you have, is it with the Ace fellow you met yesterday?" He asked.

"May-be." The three of us started laughing at my answer.

"You really like that guy, huh?" He asked, eyes focused on the road.

"Yeah. He's really sweet and he called me cute and he's just. . . Ugh!" Wade and Peter started laughing.

"I know how you feel." Peter told me. I smiled but I don't think he saw it. "Can you promise me one thing?" I nodded.

"Sure."

"Be careful tonight. I know you like him and you said he was sweet but Jason said he was a bad boy and bad boys sometimes make you do the wrong thing." Wade rolled his eyes but smirked. "Please just promise me that you'll be careful tonight."

"I promise. . . Mom." I whispered the last part but Wade heard me and started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Peter asked.

"Nothing!" Wade and I told him at the same time. Peter rolled his eyes.

"Okay, okay, I won't question it."

When we got home, I quickly did my homework then grabbed a plum from the fruit bowl so I wasn't too hungry later tonight. I sat back down and mom asked how school was.

"Fine. Jason still doesn't like the fact that you're letting me see Ace but he'll get over it."

"Anything important happen today?" Peter asked with a smile on his face. I glared at him but he didn't seem to care.

"What happened at school?" Mom asked, confusion painting his face. I set my plum down and turned to face mom.

"Ace asked me out!" I announced. Tyler looked up from where he was doing homework and scowled. "We're going out to dinner tonight." Mom wrapped me in a hug.

"Congrats, Lizzie." He whispered into my hair before jumping up. "What time is your date?"

"He said he would pick me up at five." Mom nodded then looked over at Wanda and Natasha. I raised an eyebrow.

"Go to your room. We need to get you ready for your first date!" I giggled and walked upstairs, mom, Natasha, and Wanda following behind me.

When we got to my room, Natasha pushed me onto my bed as mom started looking through my closet. Wanda started looking through my makeup kit.

"What're you doing?" I asked mom.

"Looking through your closet for something you can wear tonight." Natasha walked over to my dresser and grabbed the brush that was sitting there. Then she came over and sat behind me.

"And what're you doing?" I asked her.

"Brushing your hair." She answered as she started using the brush. I rolled my eyes as mom took something out of my closet. It was a green dress that had short, lacy sleeves that crossed over in the back. The dress also had a silver sparkling belt in the front. It looked gorgeous. (Picture above)

"Oh. My. God." I commented. "That dress is amazing!"

"The dress does look nice, Loki." Wanda remarked. Mom smiled and laid it on the bed then looked back in the closet to find shoes. Natasha continued brushing my hair. "I can't believe I have my first date tonight." I mumbled.

"I'm just glad I get to witness this first." Mom muttered. I tilted my head slightly.

"What does that mean?" He froze for a moment before shaking his head.

"Nothing you have to worry about, darling." I nodded.

"Wait, what am I doing?" Natasha asked. "Go take a shower." She ordered.

"I took a shower last night!" I pointed out.

"Go take one." Mom told me. I walked into my bathroom to start the shower.

"And shave!" Wanda called. "Just to be safe!" She added. I hopped into the shower, the water warming me up. I washed my hair and my body then tackled the difficulty of shaving. When I walked out, Wanda handed me the dress and a pair of tights through the door.

"Thanks." I said. I put the tights on first and then slipped the dress on. It was pretty comfortable and I loved the way it fit. When I walked out of the bathroom everyone awed.

"You look beautiful. Your father would be proud." Mom commented. I smiled faintly.

"Thanks mom." I sat back down on my bed and Natasha started blow drying my hair. Mom continued looking for shoes. Wanda had picked out the makeup she wanted to use.

When my hair was dry, Natasha started curling it. Mom had found a pair of black heels that strap up and they had a little floral print pattern at the bottom. They were stunning

I put them on when Tasha was done with my hair

I put them on when Tasha was done with my hair. Mom pulled a chair out for me that was in front of my dresser. Wanda swung around and started doing my makeup.

When Wanda was done I had lipstick, blush, mascara, eyeshadow, and counselor on. I looked in the mirror and I have to say, I looked beautiful. But my thoughts were interrupted when the doorbell rang throughout the house. I hopped up and carefully walked down the stairs.

Tyler had opened the door but moved away for me, sending a death glare Ace's way but smiled when he saw me. I smiled back at him. Everyone that could see me awed. I walked up to the door and looked at Ace who was looking as handsome as usual. He looked up from the ground and rested his eyes on mine but not before looking over my outfit.

"Whoa."