Recovering

I woke warily. I was in a room I didn't recognize. I assumed I was in the Sheikah Lands but had absolutely no idea where. I looked down at myself. I was in a body cast of some sort, with bandages all over.

I was hurting all over too. I sat up, grunting through the pain. I got up and walked over to the mirror. I looked at myself, barely recognizing myself. My face was scarred, with a few patches of skin missing from the encounter.

I was still really beat up. I sat back down, thinking about all that has happened in the past month or so. I realized that today was my birthday. I was now 18, I had lived another year.

I laid back down. It turned out that life was really boring without the ability to move.

Saedi had been pretty helpful in finding me pillows and whatnot to prop me up and keep me as comfortable as possible. The only things I were really missing were food and Zelda.

Oh, food. My stomach grumbled at the thought of it and I gingerly found my way out of my room to a kitchen-like area with food spread out on the table.

I took a few items off and began to eat them, careful not to be a slob like normal. Saedi walked in, surprised to see me up and about.

"Link, you're up. How are you feeling?"

"Uh, not good, but not bad. I can walk and move a little, but I still hurt all over."

She nodded. "You must be starving. Eat up."

"Thanks."

I picked up a few more food items and headed back to my room. I stopped off at the bathroom. I returned to my room and laid back down. I stared at the ceiling for a while, before giving up and walking back out of the room.

I bumped into Poler, Zelda's guard. He seemed really uptight and rigid. He nodded to me then quickly walked away.

I continued to stroll around the compound, earning me a few stares. I knew I looked bad, but did I really look that bad?

Also, how was I even alive right now? I guess magic was good for something, even if I didn't really know what mine was good for. Hopefully I'd get a little training in that area.

While I was lost in thought, I accidentally ran into a maid carrying a basket of clothes. The basket dumped clothes all over the floor, and I quickly bent down to try and help, earning myself a sharp pain in my back. I gasped in pain, but continued to help.

"Oh, thank you. I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention," she said.

"It's my fault, not yours. I'm sorry, I'm still a little out of it."

"Of course." She paused for a moment. "You are Link, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh, I'm Zelda's caretaker for now. She was looking for you."

"Oh, thank you. Do you know where she is?"

"Yes, she was in the kitchen last I saw."

"Thank you, miss. If you see her, will you tell her I'll be in my room? I need to lie down for a little bit."

"Of course. And you can call me Ana."

"Thank you, Ana."

I quickly walked back to my room and sprawled out on the mattress, which was actually quite comfortable.

I was in bed for a few minutes before Zelda entered. She looked amazing, and I probably still looked like I'd been run over by a train.

"Hey, Zel. You look amazing."

"Thanks, Link. You still look a little rough. Are you okay?"

"For now. I still hurt all over though. How are you?"

She sat down on the edge of my bed and I sat up to look at her.

"Well," she began. "I'm a little freaked out."

"Why? What's wrong?"

She held up her hand, and 2 Triforce pieces glowed on it. I gasped.

"But how is it possible?"

Zelda shook her head. "I wish I knew. But the Power piece spoke to me."

"What did it say?"

"That Ganondorf is actually dead, thus needing a new bearer. Though why it chose me I have no idea."

"Hm, that's weird. We should tell everyone else. They'll help us."

She nodded, and we left together.