Six

Six

Good evening, Mr. Zayn Malik:

We are happy to hear a response from you so soon and we are also very appreciative of the open communication your foundation appears to have. No matter what choice Mr. Tomlinson decides to make we will be supporting him and Grace throughout.

We wish you all the luck and prayers in the world,

Harry Styles and Niall Horan. 

I decided during my afternoon break to send Zayn Malik a response because I thought that it would keep us in the running for some sort of interest from them. I wanted to show and prove to them that Niall and I were dedicated to Grace and the entire cause itself. I also felt that it was easy to ignore and email response that stated that they'd be contacting everyone again once the decision was made so maybe my kindness would still showcase in the quick formality.

I might as well add that I had absolutely no idea what to really say to Mr. Malik for the first ten minutes. I think it would be easy for me to if I had maybe talked to him in person to see what he is like. Just from his small bio on his website I knew that there probably so much more to the man than that. Maybe I would try to be less formal in my emails all the time and be more of myself. That would probably help my chances if I didn't seem like the most proper of lads on the planet. 

I really hoped I wasn't ruining this for us now that I was thinking about it more and more. 

After I had already sent the email back to Zayn Malik, I decided that I should send Niall a copy as well to keep him up to the same speed as I was. There was no point in having a fight over it if I didn't; if he ever found out about it even. It's a small thing but I still feared that we might argue.

Things between us have gotten a bit better and I really didn't want that to be tarnished again, especially by a little mistake that I have made. 

I seemed to be a believer that I could ruin almost anything. 

 Niall,

Since I was on break I sent a short reply to Zayn, which I've also sent to you just so you know as well.

I hope work is going well for you today.

Harry. xx 

I could never send Zayn or Louis a message like that one. 

 During the rest of my lunch break I finished my other half of my sandwich and the crumbs of my crisps. Then I checked the time on my phone. I was able to get out of work early today and I planned on spending my time at home going back to clear out the room. I sort of wanted to do it as a surprise to Niall, take away some of the workload that he could use to focus on his larger project for work. He was probably stressed out enough from all of this Grace Tomlinson stuff and I knew how work sometimes got to him as well. 

I thought about the fact that Niall's junk was actually just his treasures, the thoughtful little gifts that I had given him. As he has started for himself, I shouldn't be the one to decide whether or not they should be thrown out. I wondered if he ever thought about those things or if they were just forgotten once they were thrown into some random cardboard box. Maybe he'll find them again and remember those times as I had and he'll smile. 

So I planned on going through the things that I knew were just mine; not his or not even ours. I don't even know if we have anything that was ours to share.

For now, all I was doing was training to be a sales representative. The job will require travel for exclusive training and business conventions, but I don't see that happening for at least two years at the longest. I do picture what that could do to Niall and our future children, if we ever get to that point, but for now we are in this moment in our lives where we're trying to figure out exactly what we want. In two years time who knows where we'll be.