Introduction

This story is now under editing. There will be typos/spelling errors so I apologise for them for right now. I will be fixing them!

Introduction.

I've been with Niall for about three years now and I know already that there is nobody else that I could ever want to be with. There's just something about being with him that's always felt right to me; it's always felt safe to me. We've shared so many mornings together just staying in our shared bed until mid-afternoon because it felt right. It didn't matter to us that there was an entire world of other people living. 

Even in our blissful isolation, there was just something missing for us and it was starting to make me feel a little less whole. 

I wanted to continue moving forward with Niall and when I brought it up to him that I wanted to start a family with him, I could see his face light up with this uncertain joy. I was confused at first and that turned into an anxious fear that maybe Niall was just fine with us the way that we were. 

I told him that there was so much love between us that loving our own child should be the most natural thing. 

We fought so much over what steps we wanted to take towards becoming a family because we both wanted different things. Niall wanted wanted to find a surrogate and I just couldn't do that because I knew that our child wouldn't be the two of us. It would only be one of us. I wanted it to be both of us, which Niall couldn't help but to remind me that it was impossible to do. Our other option was adoption and Niall wasn't ready for that. He didn't want to look at the child and have no recognition of either of us. He wanted a family by blood and all I wanted was a family. 

Luckily, somehow, we came to a compromise. Our decision didn't consist of either option completely. 

That came in the form of a little girl; our little Grace. 

All we wanted to do was save her and, just maybe, she was able to save us as well.