Reunited

---------------------------------------------------Flashback------------------------------------------------------ 

Sitting in the far corner of one of New Orleans' coffee shops I continue studying for my final medical exam. After straining my eyes I decide to take a break and grab a coffee. As I put my laptop screen down I notice a nicely dressed man sitting in front of me. I look at him confused as he reaches out his hand. I shake it firmly. 'My name is Elijah, I understand you are parley with my brother Nikklaus.' I nodd and smile. 'My name's Alex, nice to meet you Elijah.' He looks over to Abbey, the barista, she proceeds to make a beverage and brings it over to us. I stare into the cup and notice its a cappucino, I can tell by the smell that it has a double shot. I ask Elijah 'So why do I have the pleasure of your company?' 

Sipping cautiously from my cup he explains about his family's newly found freedom, he discussed that they were planning on a surprise party for Klaus. As we sat talking about the party a young blonde haired woman walked to wards us and took a seat next to Elijah, 'So this must be Alex, Nikklaus' wolf friend.' She smiles. 'I take it your Rebekah' I say. 'Yes well, news must have traveled fast as to our wakening, you don't seem too surprised though do you dear?' She says in a very belittling way. 'Nope. Okay, maybe a little but, so far you seem nicer than what he made you out to be.' I shrugg. 'Oh well, I do hope that the stories don't make me out to be a nice and kind person, I did just drain 5 idiots of their blood, so I'm not exactly little bo-peep.' she sniggers. I laugh slightly to their disapproval.

Once the planning was done, all that was left for me to do was to get dressed. Rebekah bought dresses from every shop in New Orleans to find the perfect one for her, I shrugged looking at all the dresses. 'Come on 'bekah do I have to wear one of these?' I ask, 'Alex, think of it as a graduation gift, I nod remembering about my full graduation ceremony I have yet to prepare for. I look over the array of gorgeous dresses until I find the perfect one.  I walk past Rebekah and try it on in the bathroom, I gasp as I look in the mirror. I stare at myself, ignoring my messy hair and spotty complexion. 

I nod and smile

I nod and smile. I breathe in. 'I think it is missing a little something.... Ah ha! Glitter.' I breathe in and raise one hand above my head 'sparkles of silver not gold, rain down and rest on my beautiful dress.' As i speak these words aloud the room explodes with light, I twirl making the light dance and as it fades I notice the change. I smile and laugh, opening the door to a stunned Rebekah. 'Well, if i had know you could do that I wouldn't have had to have bought all of these dresses, not that I am complaining.' She walks away still in shock. 

As I walk down the hall way I am bumped into almost pushing me into the other side. 'Mind it love' is all I hear as he vanishes from my view. Elijah turns the corner and asks if I am okay. 'Elijah, did someone just walk down here? He was tall, had a posh accent and a suit like yours?' He stiffens and nods gently 'It appears as though my younger brother Kol is home. Be very careful, I fear he is up to something.' I nod in understanding and continue walking down the stairs.