Home is where the heart is?

As Kai turns to walk out of the house he walks into an invisible barrier and falls backwards. Bonnie and I stand in shock 'What the..?' I say. I look down and notice the ascendant on the floor, I walk over to it and pick it up. Holding Bonnie's arm, all of a sudden we both receive a sort of spiritual connection but only to her Grams. 'Grams whats going on?' Bonnie asks shakily, 'Darlings you need to get back to Mystic Falls as soon as you can, when the moon hits its apex tomorrow night you must be standing on the lawn next to the Salvatore manor, you must each put a drop of blood on the ascendant and then you will be returned home' We nod at her in acknowledgement, 'You cannot let Kai find you, you can't let him be freed, do you both understand me?' She asks us, 'Yeah' we say in unison. 'I will try and keep him here so you both need to go. Now!' And with her last word, our mental connection was severed and we knew what to do. Clutching the ascendant we both run past Kai and run straight to the car. 

Kai is standing in the doorway screaming at us. We don't look back as I decide to drive us to the nearest airport and get us home. I drive to the Portland International airport and find the nearest 2 engine plane. Bonnie says 'What are you doing?' ' I'm going to fly us home, its quicker, should only take us about 4 hours' I reply. After finding a smaller plane I fill her up. I guesstimate that we won't need to refill to get home. 'Don you actually know how to land this thing?' She asks 'Yeah, I am a total pro now, no worries' I tell her sarcastically. She gives me a worried look but decides to keep her mouth shut and hands on the ascendant.

'Buckle up' I tell her as we lift off. 

The flight only takes 4 hours so we make it back in plenty of time for the full moon. Bonnie decides to take a turn at driving. I sit in the passenger seat and fall asleep. I don't dream, I just see nothingness. I wake up and find that Bonnie is sitting on the grass out the front of the manor inspecting the ascendant. I stretch a little before fully getting out of the car. I take a deep breath and walk round to Bonnie. 'All ready?' I ask, 'Yeah all we have to do is wait for the full moon and we can channel the power into the ascendant along with our blood and we should be sent home.

I look up to the sun and bask in the light for a moment before asking 'Bonnie, do you think my mum and your Grams knew each other?' Bonnie looks at me and says, 'I think they knew each other very well' she opens up her Grams' grimoire and flicks it open to a page. 'New Orleans Witches: a history' she mumbles before continuing on ' New Orleans is a very diverse city full of werewolves, original vampires, vampires, witches and humans. A story of the fight for love in a city of survivors... this is the story of Clarice Baker and Nathan Kenner' She finishes off. 'That's my mum and dad' I say astonished. 'My Grams must have traveled to New Orleans and met your mum and dad, as it has even followed the lineage to you' she says, 'me? Why?' I ask. 'Apparently it is something to do with the worlds most powerful witches, including, I guess witch hybrids' she says, 'Whoa, how many of us are there?' I ask, 'Grams only has you and me in here, the other lines haven't been completed or never were... hold on...' She notices something and says ' We are the only two powerful witch descendants in the whole of america.' She looks up at me in amazement. 'does that mean that to create the ascendant they had to use the most famous witches' blood around meaning the Bennett and Baker line? Couldn't they have just used one?' I ask confused 'Apparently it is something to do with how Qetsiyah and your ancestor Ingrid, were best friends, apparently they worked on the immortality spell and cure together, their combined blood was the cure and they worked together to create the first ascendant which was a local joke or so that's all it says' She says 

Bonnie passed me her Grams' grimoire and I read it for a while. Bonnie brings out snacks as we enjoy our last day in this prison world. 

'I wonder if anything would have changed much since we've been gone?' I ask, 'Yeah, I reckon Klaus would have been crazy after seeing you disappear like that' she says 'and Damon would have been going crazy since you two were besties and all' I reply laughing a little 'We are not besties, I guess he just realized that if he kills me Elena will never speak to him again, so there's that... It's kind of like a mutual agreement of not killing each other for the sake of Elena' She says whilst nodding in affirmation.

'I hope Klaus hasn't gone too crazy since I've been gone, I mean, he was mad when I was put into a thorn coma and when I couldn't be human and was used by Elijah's former flame so there is that..' I trail off laughing awkwardly. 'I am sorry about doing that to you, we were talking to Ester and she said that if you were killed then you would not interfere with the Mikaelsons family take down.' She says remorsefully, 'Its okay, I'm just scared that this time he might be too far gone, and especially since I have been gone such a long time' I say holding back my tears.

Bonnie checks the time and tells me to get ready for going home. I stand right next to Bonnie as she slices the palm of her hand over the center of the ascendant and I do the same with my hand. With my blood and her's combining in the center of the device it begins to glow, I look up and notice the moon reaching its apex. I look in the distance and see a light heading our way. It looks like a plane. I tell Bonnie 'We have to go now' and point in the direction of the aircraft, she nods and with ascendant opens out fully.

I take a sharp intake of breath as I feel myself flung to one side.

I feel myself floating and all of a sudden a rush of voices around me brings me back to reality.