Change is normal

It has been a week since my re birth, other then laying low with the Mikaelson siblings I haven't done much else. Klaus has mentioned going back to Mystic Falls once or twice, to clear up some 'loose ends' but we have stayed put so far. Sitting watching a news report about animal attacks all around local states peaks my interest. I stand up and walk over to Klaus' phone. I unlock it, only because he wanted there to be no secrets between us. I dial the one number whom has the most motive. 

'Stefan?' I ask, 'Alex? How are you?' He asks 'I'm fine, just watching the news and heard about some animal attacks around the local areas and was wondering if you knew what animal they could be talking about...' I say inquisitively. 'I have no idea what it could be, I'll keep an eye out for you, if you want' He asks. 'Cut to the chase Stefan, was it you?' I ask with a frustrated tone. 'No, of course not, I'm in Mystic Falls at the moment.' He says defensively. 'Okay, Stefan... Oh and to quickly let you know I'm coming back up to Mystic Falls in a few days and was wondering if you wouldn't mind having me stay at yours?' I ask 'Nope, that's not a problem, see you in a few days, huh, I guess' he replies shyly. 'Goodbye Stefan' I say cheerily. 

I place Klaus' phone back on the side table and look round to Rebekah, 'Fancy a trip to Mystic Falls?' 

One hour out from Mystic Falls and I am getting bored, with Rebekah driving I was able to relax. Klaus had gone off to visit a family friend in Vienna and as romanitc as it would have been to go with him I needed a break to clear my head, I know dying and coming back to life will be difficult, change is normal at times like this, but how normal is a tattoo appearing after I have returned to life? I sit concentrating on the outside when Rebekah asks 'Whats wrong Alex, you've seemed quite removed from everything lately...' 'Its nothing Bekah, just trying to get back to normal that's all.' I say back 'Are you sure that's all it is?' She asks softly 'No, Bekah, I'm not okay, I'm really not' I say whilst crying 'I came back from the dead and I feel different, I have a weird tattoo on my arm and my eyes are changing colour' I sob. 'Okay Alex, lets park up and have a chat.' She says whilst pulling off the highway and into a McDonald's car park. 

'Let's see' She says as I shimmy out of my cardigan showing off my new arm art below my short sleeved top. 'Whoa Alex, that's a big deal alright' She says in awe 'That's not helping, I'm scared!' I say with anger through my tears. 'It's fine, this mark is from the olden days, when someone is brought back to life through witchcraft their personality changes, everything changes, this tattoo is a mark so that everyone knows what happened to you, yours is more unique than others I have seen' Rebekah says staring at the mark 'What do you mean others?' I ask. 'I have met many people over the years who have been brought back, their marks were simpler than yours ranging from a simple lightning bolt to a small knife, the shapes are the same size, natural in colour and usually represent how they died. Yours shows that you died on a full moon by fire. But since yours is very graphic I do believe that means that your powers have increased with it. It is also known as the gift of the ancestors.' She says as I take in every word she says like she was singing the most precious hymn. We drive off after we grab two double cheeseburgers with large fries and one coco-cola and one strawberry milkshake. On the road it clears up helping us make up for lost time, crossing the mystic falls border is more exciting than leaving, I say to myself. 

As we enter the main part of town I notice a car for the local blood drive, at least they were able to fill in my position no doubt. We notice by the town's decorations that they are preparing for a party. Not that I have ever really cared for parties, but it looks like an entire town thing. I tell Rebekah to remember that I left my car near 'The Falls' she nods and smiles, we might have to go to the impound, that is if they still have it. I hope my car is okay, I think.

Passing the Mystic Grill, we decide to go in and have a drink and say hello to whoever is there. Walking up to the bar Rebekah grabs the drinks as we sit down. I look down the bar and notice a familiar face, I nudge Rebekah in the arm and she notices him too. 'Whats with the long face?' Rebekah says to Damon. Instead of paying attention to their conversation I decide to finish my drink and head out of the car.

I text Rebekah telling her I have went for a walk about town. I decide to sit on a bench in the square. Looking up to the sky, watching it change from day to night I feel a presence beside me. 

 'Mum?' I ask and look round, 'Who are you?' I ask unsure ' I am Celeste Dubois, and I am looking for some help.'