Long time no see

As I walk over to Elena, I cross the threshold of the house and slightly grab a hold of her arm, pulling her with me. 'Look, if you leave with me now, I can help keep you safe... for a while. Trust me.' I say to her. 'No, I won't leave without Damon.' She says in defiance. I huff as my response. I look back into the living area to Damon and Klaus. 'How about we grab some coffee and catch up Klaus? Leave the two of them to catch up as well.' I say. Klaus looks a little frustrated towards me, but nods in surrender. He walks past me and into the passenger seat of my impala. I grab the keys by the door and start her up. As I drive out of the driveway Klaus remains silent.

We drive to a little gas station on the outskirts of town, still in silence. As we pull up I turn off the engine and look over my shoulder to see his hesitantly exit my car. He walks up beside me. 'Alex, I don't see the point of bringing me out to this greasy diner, when I could have taken all the blood I needed and left.' He says, bearing his teeth, angrily.

'Klaus, I have known you for what feels like forever and when I was younger we were closer too. I know that you must think that the whole world is out to get you, but it isn't, you finally have your family back, which I am dying to meet , I am kidding of course, but you know. Ease up!' I say to him. Klaus does not look amused. As we order our double cheeseburgers with extra bacon, cheese and a layer of beans we continue talking.

'Any way, how is the family? Are all of them un-daggered?' I ask. 'Alex, you have always been inquizitive about my family, why may I ask?' He replies with a raise of his eyebrow.