Family or Foe?

I breathe out with a smile on my face.

I met him a year ago after I had finished University. We became close very quickly. We connected because we were what everyone feared, but not what we wanted everyone to remember us by. He supported my every move, that is until he vanished to Mystic Falls and then I heard he was around america torturing people so it didn't faze me too much.

I regain my calm and run over to him. I jump into his arms, my hair covering his face. We breathe in each others scent deeply. 'Long time no see!' I pull back and he smiles at me in awe. 'Well, Alex dear I have been busy. What brings you to Mystic Falls huh?' He says followed up with his classic smirk.

'Well, I just decided that I would see what all the fuss was about with this town, and the fact that they needed a new doctor so there is that!' I smile brightly then hear another grunt coming from below me. My gaze falters from him as I look to see a beaten up Damon. I give a disapproving look towards Klaus as I sit Damon up on a sofa.

'Okay, Klaus, what did he do' I ask, already sounding like I knew the answer. Klaus looked at me as if I should know. 'Hello? Anybody in there, I can open the door with one word and you look at me as if I can read minds, tell me what he did!' Klaus huffs and stands closer to me. Nobody told me that the Doppelganger lived, that after the sacrifice, Elena survived and now they won't tell me where they have hidden her and not even Stefan knows and I have been controlling him for months.' After he finishes his rant he gives me his classic puppy dog eyes as if to say 'Fix it'.

I huff and sit next to the just- healing Damon. 'They must care about this Elena very much to hide her from you not to mention, bringing her back to life. But that must mean she is a vampire. of no use to you at all, or is there something you are all not telling me.' I ask inquisitively.

'Her witch friend Bonnie saved her, thus keeping her human.' He says through gritted teeth.

'Wait, if she is still human then, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that you can sire wolves with her blood to you...Huh.' I look from Klaus to a very panicked looking Damon. I look back to Klaus. 'Do you really need to sire wolves? You are the strongest of them all. No one could defeat you, don't you think it would be smart to leave the human and continue with your blood lust adventures?' I raise my eyebrow to him and he scoffs.

'Alex, I could control all the wolves, I could stop them turning on a full moon, I can help stop your pain, I can help you.' He says.

I look at him, shocked by what he said. I take a step back.

'Klaus, all this time and you still don't know me. I am a New Orleans witch by heart, yes I am also a werewolf but that doesn't determine who I am. I take the pain. It makes me stronger, month by month. I will not be controlled by anyone. Not even you. Alpha. You are heading down a path of ruin, you are paranoid people are trying to kill you and you are only going to draw more attention to yourself.' I talk calmly but make sure to make my words forceful enough for him to understand.

He nods towards me and apologizes. 'Alex, all this time I believed that you disliked the werewolf side as much as I did, but here I am shocked to hear you don't mind it? A year ago today you wished with me for a cure to the curse of being a werewolf, but here we are so close, and your backing out. A change of heart?' He says.

I walk closely up to Klaus. His height perfect to kiss me on the forehead. I look into his eyes. 'It is not that I don't want a cure- not fully, its that I enjoy my freedom too much to have myself be controlled. Klaus, please. How about we settle down in the town, a small place, just you and me. I can continue to work in the Hospital and you could work as a History teacher or an Art teacher and we can settle down and-' I am cut short by a high pitch scream. I look towards the door and notice a slim, long brown haired girl standing with her hand covering her mouth.

Klaus looks away from me and to her. 'Klaus, Klaus! Wait!' I shout as he vamp speeds over to her. 'Alex, this is Elena Gilbert, Katerina Pertova's Doppleganger.' He says as I stand with my arms crossed focusing on Klaus circling her like an eagle. 'Nice to meet ya.' I smile to her. 'Klaus back off her.' I say. He gives me a mean glare as I take her outside the threshold.

My head it is saying don't trust her. My senses are telling me she is bad news. Everyone is fighting over her. Do I really want to get myself caught up in her life drama? Do I have a choice? No.

 Primum non nocere ~ First do no harm. Looks like I am in this for the long run.