Chapter 25

AN: Okay before I start this one, I just wanted to thank the five people that followed me. Seriously I started this work with 8 chapters on first upload and got 10 reads.. Now let's just say that its nearly 4.5k reads, 184 votes and 27 comments. It was much appreciated because I personally see 4k people 6x a week because of my work and its a lot. Also my silent readers, heads up there guys! I am also a silent reader on other books I read. As I said before I always forgot to vote nor comment.. Sorry again!
Anyway here's another one..

Sylvia's Pov

A few days passed since that messy evening. So far only nasty looks from the pack were thrown to Rico and his colleagues but I can see everyone is wary of their presence. Specially some of the unmated females.. Let's just say that some of them have this lovestruck look into their eyes..

"Miss Sylvia?" Alex, one of Rico's colleague called.

I was still in the kitchen cooking for them. They were all useless when it comes to food and they can't cook something edible or appetizing enough on their own..

"Hmm?"

"I'm just wondering about this Mate thing... " he scratched the back of his head. He seem uncomfortable with something.. "I read them on books before but.."

"But? Come on I would explain it with the best of my knowledge."

"Well.. there is this girl that keeps on poping on our windows and she seem staring at me with something a bachelor is scared off.." he trailed off and a wicked smile formed on my lips.

"Well... You may look edible on her eyes.." I teased and he stiffened. Lol! "What? You afraid of a werewolf lady now?"

"It's just that... I don't know.." he sighed again and he has been sighing a lot lately. "The idea of talking straight to her to tell her I am not interested is hard.. It's like there's something stopping me from doing so.."

Somehow, my smiled vanished instantly and I felt pissed.. Definitely pissed that the fried chicken I was frying burned instantly.

"You are thinking of rejecting her." it was not a question but a statement of fact. Somehow he might have noticed the sudden change of my mood and he winced as more chicken in the frying pan turned into black crisp instantly.

"Wait! Wait!" He said awkwardly and clearly wary of the sickening cracking sound from the Spatula. "I just wanted to be honest.. I just feel like I don't want to hurt her.. I am a ladies man you see and that fact would surely hurt her if she knew.. I am just not enough and faulty."

Somehow my bad mood subsided with his words. Is he feeling inadequate? Man... Men sure were a confusing race... "Is she not to your liking?"

His head snapped up and looked at me with a shocked expression. "Are you kidding me?"

"Kidding you? You tell me."

"No! That lady is like an angel behind those glasses. Somehow.. I feel like she is more beautiful than you..."

"Are you kidding me?" This time I asked shocked! Is he saying I'm ugly?!

"What? No! I was just stating that I find her most attractive.. And I seem weird.. I keep on thinking of that Lady I don't even know the name.."

I breathe out an air of relief at that. Thought I was ugly.. I would want to be attractive in the eyes of R... Woah there! where did that thought came from? I was getting crazy too! Too many crazy people in the vicinity!

"I think you are her mate Alex.." I concluded and he raised an eyebrow at me. "You're not convinced?"

He crossed his arms trying to be cool and composed and Grinned at me. I smiled sweetly and finally putting out the flames of the stove.. More food wasted.. Good food.. Tasty ones too..