Chapter Seventeen

Marisa's Pov

Everything is crashing down. A war is on our front door and we lost a valuable friend. Rico... That monkey just disappeared. I don't believe he died back then. I refuse to accept that he is one of the casualties.

Sylvia didn't share what really happened but one thing is for sure. Whatever happened back there, a pack was wiped out overnight along with some human, child and old, man and women. Everyone was killed. I don't believe that Sylvia would do such a thing but the alliance has waged war against our pack.

So here is the best part. Everyone is panicking and afraid of what will happen now. There were some of the pack that believe that we should just give Sylvia to the alliance and just pick up where our peace was. Bastards! Shameless! I really hate how reality is like this! That when it is the greater good of the many, someone can be easily sacrificed. Too bad they would have to go through me before that happens and mate or not, pack mate or not.

I was so busy thinking what would I do and what should I do that I even failed to notice my mate enter our room and sat beside me on our bed.

"What are you thinking dear?" Dylan said softly as he pulled me closer to him. I laid my head on his chest and just enjoy the feeling of belonging.

"How our pack is thinking of betraying Sylvia again."

"Don't stress yourself out. We'll prove that Sylvia is not responsible and so the alliance will back off." he said but I didn't believe any of it.

"Hmm" I just murmured thinking why my sister is depressed. She saw something so shocking that she refuses to accept. That much I know and I know deep inside she is still believing and holding into tiny hopes.

"I want to visit my sister." I said still leaning my head into his chest listening to his heartbeat. Suddenly, it just beat faster. "What's wrong?"

"It is not safe to go there this time dear. Something is very wrong with the land." he said and I frowned at him. "How do you know?"

"I sent some men there to.. Uhhh.. Ask some questions." he said uncomfortably as he rubs the back of his neck.

"You did what?!" I suddenly felt a burst of anger within me. Won't they give her a break?! "How insensitive are you guys?! We just lost a friend! And you can't even give her the time she needed to settle her feelings?"

I quickly stepped away from him and glared at him angrily. "Why do you always care so little when it comes to her? Why Dylan? You use to be our best friend too."

"We need answers now Marisa and you know that. We have an impending war and I am pressured to take care of our pack. I can't play as a best friend as of now!" he said angrily and I looked at him with disbelief.

"Wow.. You don't have time to be a best friend. This is pointless." I stood up and headed for the dresser and picked a simple outfit then locked myself in the bathroom.

I can hear Dylan saying to talk to him but I just block him out as he continued to pound on the door. After a while he gave up and I took a quick shower and got out already dressed. Not a good time to get out with a towel.

When I went out, Dylan is sitting and seem to be waiting for me. I ignored him as I took a few more dress and put them on a backpack.

"Please think logically. We are in the midst of chaos. I can't just think for myself. I have a whole pack as my responsibility. I'm not saying Sylvia is not important but we don't have the luxury to take our time." he said exhausted and just sighed due to frustration.

"Do you remember? Those words were the same you said to me a week before Sylvia was sacrificed for the pack." I said softly trying not to hurt his feelings since I know he is also not at fault. "I fulfilled my duty as a luna and threw away my sister for it but I am not doing it again. I am a sister before I even became a Luna. Do your role and I do mine."

I went out the door to meet curious eyes of some. Some just bowed their heads and cleared a path for me as I head for my car.

The trip to Sylvia's house? Not the best experience since the road is darker and scarier than the last time I remember.

I hope ghost don't really exist.

Sylvia's Pov

The events that night kept on repeating on my mind. The way he looked at me like I was an unreachable trophy that he can only dream of. It hurts a lot that he wanted to be with us but he can't. He was a hunter.. So? I am closer to a demon spawn if you think carefully! It is not fair that he can't stay because of other supernatural beings.

I am not blind and I can see his point. There were always trouble when it comes to supernaturals. Most use their capabilities to take advantage of others and others were just plain crazy. I want him back but he left on his own. I don't have the right to keep him against his will. What is left now?

Suddenly, dad entered my room and sat beside my crying figure. "You sad tears of sadness won't fall from my eyes again. Why is it happening now?"

"Because your tears right now don't have a reason to fall. These were not tears of sadness right? These were out of regret. Regret that you didn't try harder to make him stay." he wiped my tears but more of it came down more.

His words always hit the hardest. That's right, I didn't try harder. I didn't say why I want him to stay..

"It's alright dear. He's still walking on this haven and you can always come and snatch his little ass so I can hit his head.. Hard enough for making you cry." he said and I laughed out of my tears. He just said little ass. For an angel he sure is crude.

"Thank you as always dad. For always showing me the right path to take." I said as I hugged him tight. He patted my back awkwardly and I frowned. Does he not like touchy moments?

"Uhhh... Your sister is two seconds away from having a lock jaws." he said and I quickly looked at my door and there stood a frozen Marisa. Her jaws were dropped and her eyes nearly popped.

"Sorry!" she said awkwardly and me and dad laughed. "Come in sis."

"I came to check on you. I'm worried" she said as she pulled me into a tight hug. "I missed you a lot."

We caught up and talk about what is happening. She told me all that she knows about how an alpha invoked a war against us by playing that I am his mate. Sadly, everyone believed and now that the phantom pack, that idiot's pack was destroyed, Specter pack has been their suspect.

"What really happened that night sis? Where is that monkey?" she said sadly. I can see it in her eyes that she too miss Rico a lot. We grew quite close and so it is hard to lose that perverted monkey. He truly is an idiot for not listening what we want but just decided base on what he needs to do.

I told her everything I know from moment I left the house until our last conversation. She was crying when I finished and pulled me into a hug.

"That monkey. Idiot! When he get's back I'm gonna slap him hard that he would be traumatized to never pull this mess again. Leaving us and all. Idiot.. Double idiot!"

"It's okay sis. I got a plan." I said as I wipe her tears with my thumb. Wow! Dad was doing this to me earlier.

"Wanna go to Spain with me?" I smiled and she nodded quickly forming a smirk on her face.

"Come on, we have a monkey to fetch."

AN: There! Sorry for posting earlier with nonsense. Seriously I don't know what came into me. Maybe just bored and I got more bored when no one bothered saying something about it. I'm hurt! I don't feel the love at all. Lols.

Anyway can I take a break? How long? Not telling. Hahahaha I'm stressed so Ima relax a bit.

Cya all,

StressCompany

Vote comment? Don't tell me you don't love me for updating so fast! Is it short? I don't know at all. Hhaahaha