Chapter 22

Dylan's Pov

"Give Sylvia to me and this all will be over" that sick bastard Dominic said arrogantly over the phone. It has been a week since Marisa and Sylvia went abroad to do something. I don't know what it is but the alliance has been pressuring and moving their troops tauntingly. Surprisingly, none is going inside my territory or even the borders. It's weird but I'm thankful for what ever or who ever is protecting us.

"Come and prove it to me that you are indeed his mate. Otherwise you are fighting a losing cause." I said calmly but deep inside I would love to rip his throat out. I don't understand why he won't come here himself. I granted him to come here and prove to me that he is indeed Sylvia's mate but he keeps on giving reasons.

"And get myself killed? I'm not an idiot." See? Another reason. Why does he claim to be her mate and wouldn't dare show himself? Doesn't he feel the pull when a mate is far? He is an alpha so he should be feeling it. Hard enough to be considered a constant punch to the gut.

"Sylvia doesn't acknowledge the bond nor seem feeling it. You are lying and when I get the hold of your pitiful you called your existence, I wouldn't be nice enough to throw you out of my window like last time." I screamed at the end and slammed the damn phone. Seriously Marisa being away is getting to me. My wolf keeps on feeling surge of rage then it goes calm and goes angry again from Marisa. What is she doing there?

I slumped down my chair and massaged my forehead. My head hurts everyday thinking what is happening to Marisa, the pack and the issue Dominic is pushing. Why does everything have to be complicated? Can't we just live peacefully? Seriously this whole mess started because of the hunters that started doing large scale raids and forced this alliance to rise. Now there is a lying mutt out there that orchestrated this whole war pointed in our direction. I't has been six days since Marisa left and I think I am going crazy.

"Alpha?" Jasper, my Beta called behind the door. "Mr. Cortez wants to speak with you."

"Come in"

Martin Anthony Cortez, the twin's father, came in and stood in front of me. "Alpha" he greeted and I nodded him to sit down.

"What do you want to talk about?"

He was silent for a moment and I sensed that whatever he would say is something big. "It's about the man I met the night before the twins left."

"What about him?" I asked curiously. I was not able to attend that occasion. i heard everyone had fun and that helped calm the pack down.

"It's Sylvia's guardian."

I tensed at that statement. I haven't met the man that saved Sylvia back then. There is so much question forming in my head just wondering how. What is he? How did he do it? Is it possible? Is he a threat or a friend?

"I can't tell what he is. His scent was weird and confusing, his aura is different.. Never knew someone who have the same feel about him. I can't explain well but he feels really dangerous despite his calming aura. I came here to ask what should I do. It's confusing me a lot that Sylvia became like she is now. I can tell she is no longer wolf and seem close to what that man is."

"I noticed that. Her personification seem much calmer than that of a werewolf. She don't have this sudden burst of rage like we usually have. Is it because of that man?" he nodded and I frowned. How did he do it? Deep inside I consider him a threat. If he is that powerful enough, he can do worse damage the alliance can possibly do and who knows if he hold a grudge against us for harming Sylvia to that extent but there is a side of me that is thankful that he is around when Sylvia needed the most. For saving her and helping her to become what she is, confident, bold and fiery like no one else. Just for bringing back my best friend is enough reason.