Chapter 1: The Beginning

"Skylar!" I hear someone calling my name from downstairs. I slowly open my eyes and turn my head towards my clock. 7:15. Crap! I overslept! My school starts in an hour!  

I jump out of bed and rush to my bathroom. I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste and turn the faucet on. I run my toothbrush under the running water and then I put the toothpaste on my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth. I grab my hair brush with the tooth brush hanging from my mouth and start brushing through my soft dark brown hair. I wash my math out so the toothpaste was gone..  

I grab my makeup bag and start grabbing some of my makeup products from the bag. When I'm done putting my makeup on, I rush out of my bathroom and look at the time. 7:41. I rush over to my closet looking through all my clothes. I grab a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain black t-shirt. I put on the outfit then I grab my converse, slipping them on to my feet. I slip my black leather jacket on and rush down the stairs. I grab my bag and an apple from the fruit basket on my kitchen table. I start to head out the door when I hear my mom say "Skylar!" 

I turn around slowly. "What do you want mother?" 

"Don't give me that attitude!" She says while I roll my eyes. "Anyways," she continues. "Your brother is coming home tonight and staying for the weekend, I need you to go to the store after school." 

"For what?" I scoff. 

"I need you to get some potatoes and steak."  

"I hope you don't expect me to eat dinner with you guys." 

"Excuse me young lady!" My mom says raising her voice. "You will eat the dinner I serve for you!" 

"Whatever," I roll my eyes. I turn away and head to my car. My mom never understands me. I've been a vegetarian for 2 years now and she doesn't believe me. Every time she served meat I would end up giving my serving to my golden retriever, Rosie but she died last month so that's not an option anymore.  

When I pull into the school parking lot, I just sit in the car. I honestly don't care if I'm late, I just need time to myself for a little bit. I hear the bell signaling first hour starting. My first hour is only Health, so it doesn't really matter if I'm that late. After ten minutes I finally grab my things and start to head in.  

"Nice of you to join us, Skylar," my health teacher says as I walk in.  

I roll my eyes and take my seat at the back row.  

"Skye!" I hear my best friend, Avery whisper to me. I turn my head towards her. "Where were you?" 

"I slept in," I whisper back to her.  

"Oh well you missed a fight this morning!"  

"Avery! Skylar" We snap our heads forward to see an angry Mrs. Johnson, our teacher, looking at us. "Do you have something to share with the class?" 

"Uh...no ma'am," Avery stutters.  

"Well next time I catch you talking while I'm talking, I'll write you up." Mrs Johnson is probably the meanest teacher in this school. I really hate her. I go through the rest of the day with all my boring classes. When the final bell rings, releasing everyone I hurry up to my locker. 

"Skye!" Avery yells at me while walking up. 

"Yeah?" I turn towards her, closing my locker.  

"We need to hang out tonight!" She exclaims. 

"I don't think my mom will allow me. My brothers comin home for the weekend and she wants me to have dinner with them," I say making a gagging sound.