Chapter 26: Fang's Dad

It's been a couple months since we've moved to Los Angeles. It's been so peaceful with no drama. I know thats not gonna last. I was now three months pregnant and starting to show. Fang and I were currently at the grocery story getting some food to last us this months. As I was walking down the the asian food isle, I heard my name being called. I turn around and see Zoe running towards me which caught me off by guard.

"Oh my God Skye! I haven't seen you in so long! What are you doing here in Los Angeles?" she asks me.

"I uh.. I live here now. What are you doing here?"

"I'm living here too! Well I'm going to college here. Isn't this great? We're in the same city again! This is a small world," she says. "Are you going to college here?"

"No, I just moved here with my boyfriend. I needed to get away from Washington because of too many bad shit has been happening there," I tell her.

"Oh yeah, Seattle was pretty dangerous. And it's beautiful here in Los Angeles. Where exactly do you live in L.A?"

"Uh I live in Venice on the beach."

"Oh that's nice!" she exclaims. I could see her eyes fall down to look at my stomach which made me feel really uncomfortable. "Uh I don't mean to sound rude, but have you put on some weight?"

"Actually I'm pregnant," I tell her straight out as I roll my eyes.

"Oh.... well that's a surprise. I never expected one of my friends to be pregnant so young! But hey, atleast you finished high school!" Zoe exclaims which caught me off guard.

"So you're not like gonna call me a slut or whatever?"

"What? I'm not that kind of girl! Sure I was popular in high school but I wasn't a mean person. Plus I thought you were a cool person. I'm actually glad were gonna be in California together! We should start hanging out way more often," she says.

"Oh Skye there you are," I hear Fang say as he walks up behind me. "Oh who's this?"

"I'm Zoe! Skye's friend," Zoe says putting her hand out. Fang shakes her hand.

"Well Princess, I think we should get going," Fang says.

"Okay. Bye Zoe," I say as I walk with Fang to the check out counter. Fand and I head home and just decide to hang at the beach the rest of the day.

-

It was later that night and I was slouched on the couch watching some television with Josie. We were watching rerunds of the show, Friends. "Oh my god. I'm like totally bored!" I exclaim.

Josie just laughs at that. "You finally get a normal life but then you get bored by it," she says.

"Yeah, well I guess I'm just so used to stuff happening. I mean this is way different than before I met Fang. I used to defy my mom and sneak out and sneak into clubs and bars but I can't do that anymore so it's pretty boring."

"How about this, sometime this week we'll go out and have some fun?" she asks me.

"Okay sounds cool. It's just that a lot of stuff I used to do I can't because I'm pregnant, which totally sucks!"

"Hey girls," I hear Fang say as he walks up to us. "Zach, Finn, Rhys and I are heading out to do a few things. Rayne and Kandi are outside at the beach and Jordan is in the boys bedroom if you need him for anything."

"Okay, we'll be fine Fang. You don't have to worry," Josie says. Fang just nods his head then heads out of the door. "Welp, I'm gonna go take a shower. Sorry to leave you bored but I really need a shower," Josie laughs as she leaves the living room. I just continue to watch tv since there was nothing else to do. It was about ten minutes later and I was starting to fall asleep when I heard someone knocking on the door.

I begin walking towards the door without thinking. I answer the door and see a middle-aged man standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hello, ma'am," he says. "Is there a Damian Knight that lives here?"

"Uh...why is that any of your business?" I don't like the sound of this guy.

"I'm his father." Once he says this I immediatly slam the door in his face. I can't believe his father is standing right at our door. As I was about to lock the door, he opens the door and pushes me super hard causing me to fall and hit my head. I scream so that I could be heard. I heard footsteps running into this room and the shower being turned off.

"You need to leave," I could hear Jordan say. I lift my head and turn it around to look at him. He was standing behind me with a gun pointed towards the man.

"Now now that's not very nice. I'm just here to see my son but this bitch got in my way and then you just come in pointing a gun at me. How about you just put that gun down and we can just talke."

"I don't think so. You need to leave right now. We don't want you here."

"What's going on??" I hear Josie say rushing in. I watch as her eyes widen as she just stares at her father.

"Oh Josie! It's so good to see you again! I've missed you," the man says.

"Dad?? What are you doing here? And how did you even find us?"

"My gang has informed me about you guys. It feels so good seeing you again," he says as he starts walking closer. Jordan clicked the gun as a signal for the man to not come closer.

Jordan looks behind him to Josie as he says, "Call Fang now." Josie nods her head as she rushes out of the room with the phone. I slowly stand up and walk behind Jordan to get away from that creep. He had his eyes locked on me and I was starting to get really uncomfortable.

Josie came running back in as she says, "I called him. He said he's on his way."

"Oh come on Josie. You know me. Tell this boy to put his gun down," the man says.

"Dad....you murdered mom... I can never forgive you for that. You just need to leave. You have about five minutes until Damian comes home so I'm telling you if you don't want to get hurt then you need to leave now. He's not gonna deal with your shit. Especially when you hurt his girlfriend."

"Oh so that his girlfriend," he says as he eyes me.

"Don't you dare fucking look at her like that," Jordan says.

"Boys! Get them," he says as men appear. They go after Jordan first since he has the gun. Jordan didn't aim in time and the men tackled him to the ground.

"Shit! Skye run!" Jordan exclaims. I turn around and begin running as fast as I can out the back door.

"After her!" I could hear Fang's dad yell. I continue to run until I ran into Rayne and Kandi who looked confused.

"What's going on?" Rayne asks.

"Fang's....dad..." I say out of breath. They gasp as I turn around. They were approaching me fast. I continue to run into the front yard and into the street. As I run in the street, I see a car speeding towards me. I stop breathing for a second as the car abruptly stops. I look inside and see that it's Fang. I sigh in relief as he gets out of the car.

"Finn you watch her, come on Rhys," he says as him and Rhys run to the house. I start to feel dizzy, probably from bumping my head. I bring my hands up to my head and try to keep my feet stable.

"Are you okay?" Finn asks. All I could do was shake my head. I drop to my knees, not able to keep standing. "Oh my god, Skye!" I hear him say. I could feel my body being picked up, obviously Finn. I slowly open my eyes back up. My head was throbbing. I look up at Finn who was holding me and looking towards the house. I turn my gaze towards the house and as soon as I do I see Fang's father all beaten up running towards us. He stops in front of us and just glares at me then continues running down the road.

"Princess, are you okay??" Fang says as he runs up to Finn and I. Finn hands me over to Fang.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just feel really dizzy and have a really bad headache," I tell him.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here. I didn't expect my father to find where we moved," he tells me.

"It's fine Fang. It's not your fault. No one expected your father to come. Don't worry but I do have a question."

"What is it?" he asks me.

"Can you teach me to fight and how to defend myself better?"