Chapter 23: Pregnant or nah?

I walk into our local drug store looking around. I walk to the aisle where they sell pregnancy tests. There were so many options of pregnancy tests that I didn't know what to get. I just shake my head and quickly grab one. They all are basically the same when it comes to the purpose of them.

I walk over to the check out counter putting the pregnancy test on the counter as I grab my wallet from my back pocket. I watch as the guy checks the item and puts it into a bag. He looks up me giving me a smile.

"You look a little young to be pregnant," he says as I hand him my debit card.

I just roll my eyes as he says that. "That's really none of your business. I could just look like smoking hot thirty year old," I tell him.

"That is true but I doubt that," he says laughing. "How old are you exactly?"

"Uh... I'm eighteen," I tell him.

"Oh is the boyfriend in the picture?" he asks me.

"Uh yeah he is... at least I hope he will be," I say slowly.

"Well good luck with the test and with telling your boyfriend if its true," he tells me handing my bag to me. I walk out of the drug store and begin walking home. I pull my phone out of my pocket and dial Josie's number.

"Hello?" she answers after a few rings.

"Hey Josie, it's me Skye. Can you come over to my apartment. I bought the pregnancy test but I need a friend to be there for me," I tell her.

"Oh of course! I'll be right over!" she says as she hangs up. I walk up to my apartment and head straight to my room. About ten minutes goes by when I hear someone knock on my door. I get up from my bed and head to the door. I open the door to see Josie standing there with a smile on her face. "We ready to get this done with?" she says all cheerful.

"Uh... yeah.. lets just get this over with I guess..." I say turning around and walking into my apartment. I grab the pregnancy test off the table.

"Hey where's your mom?" Josie asks me.

"Uh I really don't know. She wasn't here when I woke up," I tell her.

"Oh did you tell her that you might be pregnant or are you just going to wait to actually see if you're pregnant or not?"

"I told her last night. She was shocked. She told me if I really was pregnant that she didn't want my uncle Dave to know because then he'd want to know who the father is."

"That'd make sense I guess. Well lets just take this pregnancy test," she says. I walk into my bathroom and follow the instructions on the box. I walk out of the bathroom once I'm done and wait five minutes as instructed.

Once the five minutes are up I get extremelly nervous. I look over at Josie. She must've read my facial expression because she begins walking into the bathroom to check for herself. She comes back out a few seconds later with a sad look on her face. "It's positive," she says.

"No..." I say with complete shock. I can't believe this. I can't be pregnant! I should've been more careful. I can't be a mom yet.

"Do you want me to call Fang? I mean you should tell him sooner than later..." Josie says.

I quickly take a seat because I start to feel a little dizzy. I just nod my head. I just need to get this over with. I really hope Fang won't leave me. I watch as Josie dials Fang's number.

"Hey Fang! Can you come over to Skye's place.... yeah no one is home, it's just me and her.... yeah she needs to talk to you. It's very important...Okay see ya then. Bye," she says while hanging up the phone. "He'll be here in a few minutes."