Chapter 13: Moving

It was now the next day and I still had to go to the amusement park to see if Fang stayed. My mom and Uncle Dave are going apartment looking to find a new apartment in Seattle. I'm staying behind to go to the amusement park. I don't mind what kind of apartment they choose as long as it's in Seattle.

They already left about half an hour ago and my mom had told me to pack a few of my things so we could get a head start on packing. I decided I'll do that later but for now I need to get dressed and get going. I put on one of my skinny jeans, a black slim fit shirt, and my converse tennis shoes.

I step outside of the house and look up at the sky. The sky was gloomy and it looked like it was about to rain soon so I better hurry. I rush across the street and through the woods. I honestly hope he's still there but he probably left if he was really serious.

After an hour or so of walking I finally arrive at the amusement park. I look around but I see no one around. I walk in the amusement park and start walking. I look almost everywhere but I don't find anyone around. I decide to go in the little room I was so used to. 

When I walk into the room, I find a note on the bed. I walk over to read it. It read:

To Skye, if you're reading this then you didn't listen to me when I talked to you. I'm sorry. I truelly am. I was serious about letting you go. This is for the best and I only want the best for you. I know you probably don't think that this is the best for you but it is. Just please forget about me. I'm leaving and I don't exactly know where I'm going. I'm sorry Skye. This is goodbye. Best of wishes.

PS there's a gun on the bed. Please take it for your protection - Fang

The tears start to fall down my face and onto the paper. I really wish he didn't leave. I fold the piece of paper and put the paper in my back pocket. I pick up the gun on the bed looking at it. I don't know how to work a gun but I guess I can learn.

I put the gun at my side in my pants with my shirt over it. I walk slowly out of the door, shutting it behind me. I take a deep breath and start walking. As soon as I'm halfway through the huge field before the forest it starts to pour down rain. I need to hurry up and get home.

I start to run through the forest with the rain pouring down causing my hair to stick to my face. As soon as I reach my house I could see that my mom and uncle were back. I walk through the door, dripping wet. I walk into my house and run straight into my mom.

"Where were you?" my mom asks me.

"I had to do something that was important." I say with a straight face.

"Well did you get anything packed while we were gone?"

"No. Did you find a place?" 

"Yes we did. We found a 3 bedroom apartment. We just need to put this house on the market and then we can move!" My mom says with excitement. 

"Whatever," I say, rolling my eyes. I walk past her and walk upstairs to my room. I sit down on my bed and pull the gun out just looking at it. If my mom finds this or sees me with this she will definatly will kill me so I need to hide it and make sure she never sees it. I walk over to my desk and open one of the drawers. I gently put the gun in the drawer before closing it and puting a lock on it.

I go and lay on my bed. I must've fallen asleep because when I wake up it is completely dark out and completely silent in my house.I grab my phone to check the time. It's 2 in the morning. Damn I slept for a long time. Well I might as well start packing. The faster I pack the faster I can get out of this town and away from these memories.

-

I look at all the boxes packed in my room. Its been a week since the breakup. Me, my mom, and uncle are moving to the apartment today and we're just waiting on the moving truck. I haven't seen the apartment yet so I hope it looks good.

I walk over to my desk to unlock the door on the drawer. I grab the gun out of the drawer and put the front of the gun at my side in my pants with my shirt over it. I put on my leather jacket so no one can see the bulge from the gun.

I hear my mom walk in and I turn towards her. "The moving truck is here, lets get these boxes in the truck," she says with a smile on her face. I don't exactly know what happened to my mom because all week shes been acting all nice to me which is not like her at all.

We go ahead and put all our things in the moving truck and as soon as we're done we get in the car and start driving to Seattle.It's not a long drive to Seattle. It's about a thirty minute drive from my house. I look out the window and just watch the world go by.

"So," my Uncle Dave spoke up breaking the silence. "The police station in Seattle hired me."

"Oh really? That's great!" my mom exclaims.

"Yeah, appearently within just this week there's been alot of crime and they need as many police officers as they can."

"Oh..." My mom says with uncertainty in her voice. After hearing my uncle saying theres a big crime rate in the city, I'm pretty sure she doesn;t wanna move there anymore. "Well since we're moving there, there's gonna be rules to follow because of these crimes," she says to me.

"Yeah yeah whatever," I say rolling my eyes turning back to the window.

"Oh and you're going back to school. I talked to the school there and they said they'd work around the months that you were gone. Since you have all your credits anyways they don't think its that big a deal that you missed two months."

I nod my head. The rest of the car ride was in complete silence. We got to the apartment ten minutes later. We start to bring boxes up to our new apartment. The apartment was a pretty good size for me, my mom, and uncle which was good. 

The next day came really quick because nonstop unpacking. I'm finally done unpacking because I spent all day unpacking because I didn't want to worry about doing it later. I have to go back to school on Monday which it's currently Saturday so that means two more days. I'm not looking forward to school again. It's been about two to three months since I was last in school so I'm not really prepared to go back.