Chapter 9: Avery's What?!

"I need to go talk to my friend," I say sitting on the twin sized bed with my feet dangling over the bed. It was now the next day at around noon. "Plus I need to get more clothes." I was wearing one of Fang's shirts and I wore it like a dress.

"Okay, that's up to you," Fang says. "Do you want me to come along?"

"Yes," I say with a smile on my face. I hop off the bed and head for the door. "You coming?" I ask turning to face him. He laughs and starts walking with me. It's about an hour walk from this amusement park to Avery's house.

After about half an hour of walking in complete silent, I decided to speak up. "So is Fang your real name or a nickname?"

He looks at me. "It's a nickname. Who would seriously name their son 'Fang'?"

"Well you never know! I personally think Fang is a pretty cool name. Weird but cool. But anyways, what's your real name then?" I ask, curious.

He sighs, probably not wanting me to know his real name. "Okay, you have to promise me that you will not tell anyone or say my name around people. You can only say it when we're alone." He takes a deep breath. "It's Damian."

"Damian..." I say giving his name a try. "I like it. Why do you have people call you Fang instead?"

"It just fits me more than Damian does. Plus Damian just reminds me of my past. I don't even let Zach call me Damian so be lucky I even told you."

I smile up at him. "Well I feel special that you told me!"

He laughs at that. "You should feel special, Princess."

We finally reach Avery's house after another half an hour. I turn to Fang and tell him to stay outside so I could go talk to Avery. I walk up to her house and knock on the door. I wait there for a few minutes but no one answered the door which was strange since all the cars were here so no one was gone.

The inside of the house was also awfully quiet. I had a horrible feeling something was wrong. I quickly grab their spare key from their potted plant outside of their door. I put the key in the door and slowly open the door. I walk in the door very quietly and slowly.

"Avery?" I call out but there was no answer. "Mrs. Bower?" Still no answer. What's going on? I start walking up the stairs slowly. "Avery?" I yell even louder but still nothing. When I reach the top of the stairs, I walk down the hallway to Avery's bedroom. I reach her bedroom door and slowly open her door.

I stop dead in my tracks. In my line of sight laid Avery in a pool of blood. I drop to my knees and scream really loud. So loud, people could probably hear it from miles away. It didn't take long for Fang to be by my side. I crawl to Avery's lifeless body and just collapse. Tears start to stream down my face. I couldn't control the tears that were falling.

I couldn't believe this. I could barely see because of all the tears that covered my eyes. I could hear someone calling my name but I didnt want to listen. I didn't want to leave Avery. All I could think about was our last phone call. The last time I talked to her.

"Skye!" Fang turns me around to face him. "I called the cops, we have to go." I looked at him confused. I could barely speak so I couldn't really ask him why. Luckily he could tell from my facial expression. "Listen, I have a criminal record and I can't stay around here when they arrive. You can come with me or stay here but I can't stay."

I push him away not wanting to leave Avery. I put my head against her chest. I could hear the sirens getting closer and closer and I knew Fang was long gone by now. I stayed there for while until I could feel someone pull me away.

Even though I could barely see because of all my tears, I could still make out who pulled me away. A cop. He was trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear. This went on a few minutes until I could hear a little bit.

"Ma'am, you need to leave. This is a crime scene and you can't stay any longer," the cop says to me.

I slowly walk out the door and go to the guest room with the cop on my tail. "I need...my stuff..." I say quietly to the cop. I walk into the guest room and grab the bag full of my clothes and walk out the bedroom door.

The cop was standing there when I walked out. "We talked to your mom Skye. She would be happy to take you back so go ahead and head over there and take a bath or shower to wash yourself," the cop says to me. That's when I realize I had blood on me. I nod my head and walk out if the house.

I don't want to go to my moms house. She probably only said that to the cops because she doesn't want them to see how she treats me. I begin walking down the street, thinking.

Her death was all my fault. Everything is always my thought. Her death, my brothers death, even my dad's death from years ago! They're all dead because of me! What's the point in even living if everyone I ever loved dies? This whole thing is not fair!

There's only one place that I feel safe and that's with Fang. Funny right? I feel safe with a criminal. That makes perfect sense.

I end up walking all the way to the abandoned amusement park. I fall down to my knees letting out a small wail. I refused to move anymore. I really hope Fang heard me because I am not moving from this spot on my own. I give up with life. Life is not fair. I just want to end it all. But my life can't get anymore fucked up, right? There's nothing worse that can happen. I've hit rock bottom. So the only things that can happen are good things. I really hope that's the case.

I could feel someone picking me up and I knew it was Fang. Ever since I meet him, my whole life started going south. And yet he's the only good thing in my life right now.