Chapter 12: Breakup?

It's been about seven days of being alone in this room. Atleast I think it has been seven days. I'm not really sure. Theres no way to tell the day or even time in this small room. I haven't eaten for 2 weeks, which the first week was totally all my fault. I also haven't had water, or really anything to drink for seven days. I've grown too weak to even sit up.

I really wish I could fall asleep and never wake up. That would probably be way better than this hell. I curl into a ball and just lay there. Tears start to fall down my face. I could hear the door opening. Oh great, they're back.

"Princess," I could hear someone saying. That sounds like Fang. But that can't be. He doesn't know where I am. I could feel a hand on my arm, trying to make me face them. I scream, slapping whoever's hand was on me away.

"Princess! It's me Fang!" Oh great more hullicinations! The person who was trying to make me face them finally got me to face them. And right there in front of me was Fang. It wasn't a hullicination! He's actually here!

"Fang!" I exclaim looking up at him with tears covering my eyes.

"I'm here to save you, Princess." As soon as he says that, a gun clicks against his head. Standing behind him was Zach with a gun against Fang's head.

"Well well well," Zach begins to speak. "Look what we got here. I knew you would come save her. But quite frankly, I didn't think it would take this fast."

"You kidnapped Skye, of course I'm gonna save her! You're an idiot for laying a finger on her and you're gonna regret it," Fang says as he quickly reaches his hand and grips Zach's wrist, twisting his wrist. Zach screams out in pain causing him to drop the gun. Fang immediatly stands up, punching Zach in the face. I start to back away, getting as far as I can away from them.

After a couple minutes, Zach was really badly beaten by Fang and his face was all bloody and bruised. "I can't believe you'd beat me, your own brother, over some girl you barely even know!" Zach says. That took me off by surprise. Zach is Fang's brother? I can't believe it. 

"You should just leave," Fang says to Zach as he walks over to me. He bends down in front of me as Zach huffs and walks away. "Are you okay?" he asks me.

I look up into his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine," I say as I try to stand up. He grabs my arm and pulls me up.

"Lets go," he says motioning with his head towards the door. I walk ahead of him, clutching my stomach from the pain of no food for a week. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" I hear him say to me from behind.

I turn around and give him a faint smile. "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." He continues to look at me. I can tell he doesn't believe that I'm fine. I should've guessed he would know I'm not really fine. I've been stuck in a small room with absolutely nothing.

We continue to walk for an hour in complete silence. We were now standing in the clearing in front of the woods that were close to my house. I turn to look at him.

"We need to talk," he says to me.

I look at him confused. "About what?"

"Listen..." he begins. "All these bad things that keep happening wouldn't have happened if you met me. Your brother's dead, your friends death, and everything Zach has been doing to you. None of it would've happened. I'm sorry," he turns his head away.

"Where are you going with this?" I ask him.

He turns his head back towards me and looks straight into my eyes. "I'm letting you go."

I could start to feel the tears form in my eyes. "W...what?"

"I want you to have a better life. If you stay with me, your life will never be normal. I'm holding you back from a real future and I don't want to do that. You deserve so much better."

"Fang, stop talking like that. You can't just leave me like this! Even after all those bad shit, you're the only good thing so you can't leave!"

"I'm sorry..." He says turning away from me. "I wish I didn't have to do this but it's for the best." He turns away and starts to walk away.

"Damian! Don't you dare walk away!" I yell to him with tears threatening to come out of my eyes. He stops for a second then continues to walk away. "Damian!" I yell falling down to my knees. The tears finally come pouring down. I don't even have anywhere to go unless my mom takes me back in. My life is a complete living hell. After awhile Fang was completely out of line of sight now. 

I get back to my feet and decide just to go back to my house. I will go back to the amusement park tomorrow but for now I need to get my mind off of things. I walk through the forest to get to my house. It was late at night at the moment. Probably around nine o'clock.

When I arrive at the front of my house there was another car in my drive way. That means someone else is here. Probably a good thing so she can't be mean to me if I show up. I slowly walk up to the front door, taking in a deep breath before opening the door.

I slowly open the door quietly trying to not make any noise. I walk over the threshold and I hear someone sobbing in the living room. I could hear talking coming from the living room so I decide to listen in.

"Listen Joyce. I'm sure Skylar is fine. I mean after Tyler then Avery she probably needed time to herself. She'll probably be back before you know it. You just need to give her time," a guy says. He sounds awfully familiar.

"I'm an awful mother!" My mom says, sobbing. "I've lost everyone. First my husband, then my son, and now my daughter? I know I was awful to her but I didn't mean it! I wish I could tell her I'm sorry for everything I've put her through."

"You're not an awful mother. Everyone makes mistakes. Some little mistakes, some big mistakes. I know you wish you could take it all back but you can't and that's okay."

I shut the door loudly and stand infront of the door not moving. I can hear someone running towards the door. The heels make it obvious that it was my mom coming towards the door. They come into view and thats when I find out that the man who was talking to my mom was my Uncle Dave from Texas. When they saw me they both had shock expressions on their face.

"Oh my god, Skylar!" my mom says running up to me hugging me tightly. "I'm so sorry for everthing. I know I'm an awful mother but I'll make it up to you somehow!"

I stand still as she hugs me. As soon as she moves away I finally speak up. "I wanna move." I can't stay here in Newcastle anymore. Theres just too many memories here and I don't wanna stay anymore.

My mom looks at me with a shocked expression. "Oh...Okay then. We'll move! Where do you wanna move too?"

"Seattle."

"Okay, that'll be easier on me since my job is there so thats fine. Oh and your Uncle Dave is gonna be moving in with us if thats okay with you?"

"Yeah, that's fine," I say turning towards Dave. "But what about your job down in Texas?"

"Don't you worry about me, kiddo," he says giving me a hug. "I'm pretty sure they have police jobs down in the city. Probably alot more than in Texas."

"Okay then its settled! We'll find an apartment down in Seattle and move as soon as we can." My mom turns toward me. "I'm sorry again."

"Don't worry about it. The past is in the past. That's why I wanna leave. I want to be away from all these memories."

"Okay, we'll move within a couple weeks."