Chapter 3: Cops

It has been an hour since the whole thing with Zach and Fang. I need to really clear up my mind before I go home, but my mind is jumbled up with things I can't stop thinking of. Would I ever see them again? I wouldn't mind seeing Fang, he's not too bad but Zach... I hope to God I never have to see Zach again. But it seems like they're a package deal. They seem like they go everywhere together.

Before I know it I'm in my front yard. I can't believe I walked from the field all the way to my house. I didn't know it was that close. I slowly open my front door, making sure I don't make a noise. I listen in to see if anyone is home. I hard my mom talking to someone in the kitchen.

"Tyler. I really don't care that your sister is gone. If she doesn't wanna live here thats her chose. She's eighteen. She can make her own decisions," I hear my mom say. I can't believe my mom said that! She has no idea what even happened to me. For God's sake I was technically kidnapped and she doesn't even care.

"Mom, you don't understand. Its been over 24 hours since she's gone missing. If you don't do something, I will!" I hear Tyler say.

I can't listen anymore. I turn back around to walk back outside. I slam the door shut behind me so that they know I was here and that I heard what they said.

I don't know where I'm going and I don't care. I just run. I don't look back once. I just run and run and run. I don't stop. It starts pouring rain but I don't care. I run into a forest, pushing away  the twigs and branches and leaves and just keep on running.

I stop running in the middle of the forest and drop down onto my knees. Thats when I let the tears start streaming down my face. I've built up way too much emotion up inside and I can't hold it in anymore. I hate her. I HATE HER! I've dealt with her emotional abuse for too long. She's NEVER cared about me. She doesn't know that SHE'S the reason why I get in trouble with the law. I just want her to care. Is that too much to ask for?

I lay down on the wet ground, looking up at the swaying trees, the rain dripping down on my face.

I lay there for about an hour, clearing my head. I suddenly hear a gunshot which startles me and I stand up quick. The rain is still falling from the sky but not as hard as it was an hour ago.

I walk towards the gun sound. I reach the end of the forest to an open field with targets around. So the gunshot wasn't at a person; it was at a target.

I could hear sirens at the other end of the forest. My brother probably called them. Whatever. I look around the clearing trying to find who shot the target. That's when I see him. Fang. But he's not alone. He's with Zach. Of course. I can't hear what they're saying but it looks like Zach is practicing his aim.

I could hear my name being called from where I heard the sirens. Its probably my brother and the cops and probably Avery also. They're probably patrolling the entire forect looking for me and I don't know what to do.

I can either stay right where I am and get caught by the police and forced to go back home where I don't want to go or run out into the clearing and get caught by Fang and Zach. Running into them wouldn't be that bad. I don't want to get in contact with the police. The police don't like me all too much.

I start running right into the huge clearing. I could hear Zach saying something but I couldn't pull out what he was saying. I kept running and wouldn't stop. Suddenly I feel a hand clasp around my wrist forcing me to stop running. I look into his deep blue eyes of his which caused me to stop thinking about everything around me. 

"What are you running away from?" he says looking straight at me.

I look behind me and then back to him. "Um my brother is worried about me because I haven't come home since last night so he called the cops."

Fang looks at me with a confused look on his face. "Why are you running then? I sent you home over two hours ago. I expected you to go home. Why didn't you?"

"I didn't want to go home. When I did go home though my mom said... something I didn't want to hear so I left. And the police really don't like me so yeah." I pause. "Wait, why do you care?"

"He seems to have a soft heart to girls," Zach speaks up.

"Unlike you?" I glare at him.

"Whatever," He says rolling his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest. "Anyways, shouldn't we get going if theres cops?"

"Well we're gonna have to take her," Fang motions to me.

"Why??" Zach whines.

"Well she wouldn't really be considered missing if it weren't for us. Because of us her family called the cops to find her. The least we can do is help her. I mean she's keeping her promise with us."

"We don't need to help her. I was honestly hoping I would never have to see her again." Wow what a jerk.

"I'm sorry but its my decision," Fang turns to me. "Lets go." I follow closely behind Fang. We walk fast to get out of the huge clearing so that if the cops  come out we would be finally out of their sight. And of course Zach is complaining about the whole thing.

We keep walking and it feels like forever when we finally arrive at our destination. I look over to Fang. "This looks like an old abandoned park."

"That's because it is." He continues walking through the entryway. I follow him into the amusement park. He takes me pretty far in and thats when I realized theres multiple people of different ages around. The oldest looked to be in his fifties and the youngest looked to be around fourteen or fifteen. He turns to face me. "Welcome to the Blood Alliance."