Ch. 30 -Shopping Carts and Pretenders

Here you go, my beautiful readers! Chapter 30.

Ch. 30

Shopping Carts and Pretenders

Justin Bieber

"Justin!" A chorus of female voices called.

Flicking my hair and popping the collar on my leather jacket, I turned to face them, immediately putting on a sultry smile.

Standing there grinning at me were Amber Ashley, Taylor Allivander, and Jija Parker - three very famous and very beautiful dancers.

All had appeared in my music video for 'Baby'. That was how I'd met them, and we'd been friends ever since. I hadn't seen them since Drake's party in Toronto, and I quite honestly hadn't been expecting to see them here.

Drake's party.

Shit, that hurt to think about.

Because all that came to mind when I thought about it was one girl in particular - someone I'd hated my entire life and would never have guessed I'd end up developing genuine feelings for.

That had been the night that had started it all - the feelings, the affair, the insanity that's been going down ever since.

In a way, I almost wished that night had never happened.

Maybe then I wouldn't be feeling like such fucking shit right now.

At the moment, I was in New York at some ridiculous club for the after-party of an awards show.

The show itself had passed by in a blur, and I was so distracted the entire time, I couldn't even remember what it was for.

Whatever.

It was irrelevant.

I'd won a bunch of awards (as usual), plastered on a fake smile, uttered the same cliche 'small-town kid from Canada' speech that I always gave, before moving robotically off of the stage.

All I'd really cared about and all I could really think about the entire show was the after-party.

Because quite frankly, with the week I'd just had...

All I wanted to do was get as shit-faced drunk as possible so I could forget about everything and escape from this nightmare I was ashamed to acknowledge as my life.

It'd only make things better temporarily but hey - that was better than nothing.

"Hey ladies," I drawled, turning my smile into a smirk. I walked over and slung an arm over Taylor and Jija's shoulders. "How's it going?"

Jija giggled, placing a hand on my arm and smiling widely at me. "Good. How about you?"

"We've missed you!" Amber exclaimed.