Ch. 11 part 2 -Temptations

Mandy Nash

I still couldn't believe what he was saying.

He had a black eye and he was claiming it was because he'd fallen.

...What kind of moron falls and gets a black eye?

Yeah, no one.

That definitely looked like it had been caused by a person and I wasn't about to stand there stupidly and believe his obvious lies.

But who the hell had punched him, and why had they done it?

And why we he so embarrassed about it?

"Look, um...seriously. Let's just...get started." Justin mumbled again after I continued to stand there and stare at him.

He was acting so weird. Just a few hours prior, he had been his usual asshole self, trying to taunt me into discussing our make-out session with him.

Now, he was acting all awkward and averting.

And that only further increased the overall awkwardness that had fallen between us ever since that night at the club.

I let out a sigh and followed him towards the couches that were grouped around the coffee table. I took a seat on one of the couches and looked up at him.

He honestly did look terrible.

His right eye was all swollen with a bruise, and his hair was not to its usual perfection standard. Furthermore, he just looked...stressed.

He hadn't looked like this earlier at the hospital, and to be honest, it was kind of worrying me.

Don't ask me why, because I have no idea why I would suddenly start to care about him. But for some reason, ever since that day where we'd talked about his parents' separation, and how my dad had left my mom and me when I was little, things had been...different.

Yes, we'd gone about acting like we hated each other, and to be completely honest, yes, I did actually still hate him.

But I also had a little bit more respect towards him.

Maybe it was because I'd shared a secret with him that practically no one knew about. And he'd done the same for me.

I don't think two people can share secrets like that without developing some form of mutual respect for one another, even though they might try and hide it beneath their hatred.

He was still an ass, and things were still ridiculously awkward since we'd made out while drunk and I'd woken up in his bed. He was also still totally full of himself, and I was still ridiculously pissed that I had to deal with him as a partner.