Ch. 20 -Confronted

18 votes + 8 comments = update or wait 4-5 days

Ch. 20

Confronted

"What the fuck?" He yelled in disbelief, his eyes darting back and forth between us.

Ryan looked shocked, as if he'd just walked in on the most unexpected, stunning, and unbelievable thing he'd ever seen.

And I guess, in a way, what he'd just witnessed could probably be classified as that.

I merely sat there, glued to the desk, my entire body frozen and my eyes wide, as I stared at the doorway. My heart was pounding against my ribcage and I couldn't for the life of me even begin to comprehend what was going on or how I was going to go about explaining this one.

Justin and I had been caught red-handed.

There was no way either of us could lie our way around this, because Ryan had seen us sucking face.

He had straight-up walked in on his best friend and his cousin (both of whom supposedly hated one another and both of whom had different significant others) making out like the world was going to end the next day.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Justin standing rigidly; his hair looked messed-up, which was an even bigger giveaway that we had just been engaging in behavior that we definitely shouldn't have been doing.

And I'm almost certain my hair looked even more like a hot mess.

My chest was still rising and falling rapidly due to how out-of-breath I was from making out with Justin.

Shooting him a quick glance, I could see he was still breathing just as heavily.

Ryan's mouth dropped open the merest bit in shock and for a moment, all he could do was stand there and glance between us, clearly at a loss for what to say.

"Ryan," Justin began suddenly, his raspy voice sounding huskier than normal. "Dude, it's not what it-"

"Not what it looks like?" Ryan finished for him, his voice abnormally loud and ringing across the dimly-illuminated classroom. "You wanna try and say I didn't just walk in on the two of you shoving your tongues down each other's throats?" His face contorted to that of slight disgust, and he shook his head the merest bit.

Justin closed his eyes for a moment. "No, I-"

"Cause that's definitely what I saw, bro." Ryan said loudly.

I couldn't help but wince as he turned to look at me, his gaze both penetrating and severe.

"Do either of you want to explain what the hell just happened? Why the fuck are you two in here? And why were you just-" He gestured wildly, shaking his head. He groaned in anger. "Just tell me what the fuck this is! What's going on?" He demanded.