Ch. 25 -Confessions

I have changed my mind about only posting once before I go on vacation. If this gets a lot of comments and votes I will post Tuesday before I leave.

Enjoy!!!

=======

My eyes widened in shock, and for a moment, a ringing silence was the only thing that penetrated the hallway, surrounding us as the five of us just stood there and stared at one another.

I could sense Chaz standing next to me, his hands curled in shock, while Ryan, Justin, and Greg stared on at us in surprise.

Ryan looked downright bewildered, as if running into us was the most unexpected thing he'd ever imagined.

Justin had a strange expression on his face; his entire body was tensed up, and the vibe he was giving off seemed to be a mixture of paralysis and - dare I say it - jealousy?

Lastly, Greg, who was standing a few feet behind them, was perhaps the least surprising but most dramatic of all. His hands, trembling, formed tight fists and his eyes were widened in a fierce sort of anger. He seemed to be positively shaking with rage.

"W-" I began awkwardly, giving a nervous giggle. "What are you guys-"

"We came here looking for you because you were supposed to work on Reymer's project with Justin." Ryan said in reply, staring at me in shock. "Remember?"

Shit.

I'd completely forgotten about that.

Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear awkwardly, I glanced at Justin, who happened to be staring at me. For a long moment, our eyes locked with one another and I felt something strange pass through me.

From the look on Justin's face, I could tell he was annoyed and also slightly hurt.

I quickly broke my gaze away from his so I didn't have to see that, and looked at Ryan again instead. "Oh," I said, laughing nervously. "I forgot about that."

Ryan crossed his arms and let out an exhale, staring at the ground and shaking his head.

There was silence for another moment.

And then -

"What the fuck were you two just doing?" Greg's voice came loudly.

Well, I was expecting him to speak up sooner or later.

Chaz and I exchanged quick glances for a moment before we turned back to face the three of them.

I gotta admit, I'd been semi-hoping that by some miracle, they'd only seen Chaz and I sitting together in the drama room.

Maybe, just maybe, they hadn't witnessed the kiss.