Ch. 23 -One-On-One Encounters

! Here's the next chapter, hope you like it!

Please check out this amazing girl singing A Whole New World and One Step Ahead in Aladdin Jr. She is amazing! It's on the side

=========

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, staring across the table at where Greg was perched awkwardly, looking extremely uncomfortable and anxious.

We sat there in the red vinyl booth for several moments, listening as waitresses bustled by with trays of various orders and other customers made requests while the grills and fryers in the kitchen could be heard steaming and hissing loudly. Faint music played in the background, and a glance outside the windows showed a dreary, rainy evening. The streets outside were flawed with murky puddles, and barely any passersby were visible - the ones that were clutched raincoats to their bodies and hurried past determinately, as if they had better places to be and held no desire to be caught out and about in such dismal weather.

I sighed. "Okay, um..." I began finally, breaking the silence that had fallen between us ever since we'd sat down and placed our orders for two small coffees and a plate of fries. "We came here to talk, so...let's talk."

Greg's eyes, which had been glancing around the restaurant nervously, flickered down to meet mine.

Inwardly, I sighed again.

I'd spent practically the entire day reflecting back on the previous night, and about all of the events that had gone down at the dance:

Experiencing those strange feelings of longing for Justin when I was dancing with Greg, sneaking off with Justin and getting caught making out with him by Ryan, explaining everything to Ryan and having him promise to keep the secret, going to Justin's house with Natasha and Greg for an after-party, making out with Justin there and practically getting caught by Aubrey, getting in that fight with Greg and telling him I needed space...

Now that I thought about it, it was ridiculous how much had happened in one night.

I hadn't broken up with Greg, not officially anyway. As I'd reiterated to him several times when we were standing outside Justin's house, I just needed space - and I honestly didn't quite know what that meant or how it would affect us in the long run.

I'd agreed to talk about it with him later, however, and that was how we ended up here, in the midst of this run-down little diner in the center of town.

"Right." Greg said, drumming his fingers on the matte-surfaced tabletop. "Let's talk."

I took one of the rings on my middle finger and began twisting it back and forth absentmindedly, waiting as a billowing cloud of awkwardness filled the silence that had fallen between us once more.

"I just..." Greg tapped the table with his fingers, exhaling and running a hand through his hair. He stared at me sadly, a slightly desperate expression on his face. "I'm really sorry about...well, about how I acted last night. It was...stupid of me."

"It's not just about last night, Greg." I replied. "How you acted last night...you act that way all the time."