Chapter XXXXV - Ask (Pt.2)

~Travis's PoV~

I step in front of the door with Zane. We just got back from treating everyone on the street to some of Zane's baked sweets, and Zane came back to my house to grab his belongings. It was getting dark, and Zane wanted to get home soon due to Garroth always asking and bothering him about where he's been going, although now it's known he's been going with me, or at least this time he did.
   I don't even know how Zane might explain why he's been over so often. We're not exactly a thing. And how would Garroth even react? I get he's overprotective over his brothers, but he has to understand that we're adults and he can't stop Zane from choosing to date who he wants.
   I just hope he's willing to go that extra step.
   I know he's been hanging around with me a lot and I may be starting to get selfish with him, but I want to make it official. I want to make it known that he's taken. Perhaps the word mine may be a little too far -- I don't want to seem possessive. But I want to be with him.
   I don't know why I want that title so badly, it's not like it'll change that much. But it's a title nonetheless, better than whatever there is between us now.
   "Thanks for having me over." Zane cracks a smile, slipping that dreaded mask back on. I frown subconsciously, but my face soon changes back to one of cheer.
   "Thanks for putting up with me," I laugh, referring to the amount of mess I made in the kitchen. I open the door. "I know it's not much of a walk, but you want me to walk you your house?"
   "No no, it's fine. I think I can manage." He says sarcastically, and we both chuckle. There is small pause, then again from Zane: "But, in all seriousness." He steps closer to me and wraps his arms around me, hugging me. He slightly nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck, and whispers in my ear: "Thank you."
   He lets go of my waist, but doesn't step away. His hands go up to grab my shoulders, and, on his tippy toes, lightly kisses my cheek. And with that, he's off walking to his house. He looks back to me once, just before entering his house, smiles, then disappears from sight.
   I laugh, almost breathless, head pushed back in pure happiness. I fist bump the air, then walk back into my house, grinning from ear to ear.
   "Yes! Haha." I cheer, not even knowing what to do with myself.
   "Someone's happy." I hear from the staircase, and my head whips to the voice. Dante.
   "Oh, uh, yeah." I say, kind of sheepishly.
   "I wonder why." He half coos, almost knowingly. "Oh, I wonder why."
   "That's kinda creepy dude." I say, pointing warily at him.
   "Well that's just that." He leans on a chair, smiling smugly. "On a completely unrelated note, how's it going?"
   "...It's going pretty well--"
   "It's that's true, when are you gonna ask him out then?" His eyes nearly shone with a knowing look.
   "Wait, wh-what?" I stammer, trying to understand what he said.
   "I asked how it was going... not with you alone, but with Zane."
   "O-oh.. I, uh, I knew that." I say, scratching the back of my head. "But wait, how do you even know--"
   "A best friend just knows these things, Travis." He grins, shrugging with his forearms pointed upwards. "Also, I saw you two kiss."
   I almost choke.
   "What?" He says, reacting to me. "I hope you do know that my room has a window, and that window shows me the backyard?"
   "So you were spying on us?" I say, with a small hint of anger.
   "What? No. I was just curious on what you two were doing, then I heard the fancy music, and looked outside. Zane looked happier than I've ever seen him, it was so weird, I couldn't keep my eyes off him. And then, bam, you two stop dancing and kiss." He pauses for a bit. "And let me say, for fucking finally you make a damn move. I've been waiting for you two to get together since you told me you liked him!"
   "So... you know that all that happened?" I say, rather cautiously for some reason.
   "Yep! I also saw his small little cheek kiss right now. That was just so adorable." He smiles bigger, and jumps from foot to foot, seemingly excited.
   "Oh, uh, yeah. That." I smile just at the mere thought of something so simple like that.
   "So, you two dating now?" He asks.
   "Uh, no, not exactly." I twiddle my thumbs. "You might wanna sit down. It's kind of a really long story." Dante shrugs and walks over to me as I sit on the couch. I start explaining everything to him -- and I mean everything. I start from when the crush began to what my mission was to all those cute moments I've had with him. Then it goes to the deeper things like the almost kiss at the date and when I was hurting and Zane actually made the effort to come over just to find out what was bothering me and to fix our relationship. All up until our actual kiss and how I got him to bake for the entire street.
   Dante sits across from me, criss-cross, taking in all what I have to say. It feels nice being able to talk about this to someone other than the actual someone this is all about.
   "Wow. You've really changed him. Before he was still a super lonely guy, but now he's got both you and Aphmau. He's slowly growing, and he also is starting to accept that we're his friends too. He even started a conversation on me once while you were in the bathroom." Dante says after all my words.
   "Yeah, I know. I really like who he's growing to be." I look down and smile, imagining Zane with his own smile, staring back at me.
   "And it's only gonna get better! Because, well, you are gonna ask him out, right?" He asks.
   "Of course, I just don't entirely know how." I laugh a little nervously.
   "Oh, buddy, that's where I come in." He smiles, probably imagining a scene with the both of us, all romantic and stuff. Since when did he become such a shipper? "And trust me, I know I don't have the best history with dating, but I know romance. Who I don't know is Zane. Either you can help me there or we can call up Aphmau. I'm sure she'd be thrilled to help."
   "I dunno... we agreed not to tell anyone." I say.
   "Hm.. well, just tell one more person, to make this special. For Zane." He smiles once more, hyping me up.
   I breathe in, grabbing my air, because I know for these next couple of hours or even days, I'll need my courage.
   "For Zane."

1184
I told y'all I had ideas.
Also it's part two bc there was another part in this book called ask ok cool.
You should appreciate this it's almost one here jfc imma go sleep now.
[Also there's a new book I made y'all should check it out its called Ocean Love k that's enough shameless promo bye]
Live, Love, Lapis, hope y'all have a marvelous day or night! Bye my amazing Gems~!