Chapter XXVIII - In Town

~Travis's PoV~

   I'm at my desk, figuring out some new ideas for random potions and mixtures when I hear my phone vibrate over and over again. The constant bzzt bzzt made me finally look away from my sketches and notes to look at it. The screen lights up after two quick taps and I see that I've been messaged a lot in the span of ten seconds. I don't bother to look at the on-screen notifications as I swipe straight down to unlock my phone. Entering my quick six-numbered password, I get to my inbox, and read Aphmau's name, lit up. It turns out she's been texting my name repeatedly, how she always does, to get my attention. I was already typing up a response when my phone screen goes full white and I realize I'm being called. By who? No other than Aphmau herself.
   I quickly tapped the green button on the right.
   "Yellow?" I asked in my cheerful tone. "Seems like someone really wants my attention."
   I heard a light-hearted giggle, and a response, "Yeah, sorry about all that. I was spamming. But Travis! Guess what~." She cooed, saying the last two words in a sing-song voice.
   "What?" I return with the same voice. Me and Aphmau have this thing where when one of us sings something, the other responds in somewhat same notes.
   "The circus is in town!" She squealed loudly, so loud I had to bring my cell phone away from my ear a bit. I heard a faint squeaking sound in the distance, most likely from the same potato I was talking to. She had to be pretty loud if I could hear her across the street.
   "Oh really?" I questioned, recovering from the small blow my ear took. "Where's it at?"
   "It's not that far, actually." She explained, "We can get there in about half and hour. Forty minutes, tops." I wondered if she had already done the math beforehand.
   "And I'm assuming you want to go?"
   "Yeah! But I want all of us to go. I think it'd be fun!" She said, once again getting excited about the whole thing. "You know, some of that wonderful friend bonding."
   "Who else have you told?" I wanted more details before I agreed to this.
   "I already told Aaron, and he's coming. I notified Zane, and like the lame lime he is, he didn't want to go..." I breathed out, disappointed. "Buuut I managed to convince him to go!" The air that left my lungs came back in with more vigor as relief washed over me. And unconsciously, I smiled, like the big oaf I am.
   "Oh, well that's good." Is all I had to say.
   "Well, of course it's good, silly!" She said. "You like him anyways, so it'd be good to spend some time with him~." She cooed once more.
   "Oh, yeah, huh. That's a thing." There was no use denying it, because, with Aphmau, even I didn't like Zane, she'd press on, talking about how cute we'd be together, and use Kawaii~Chan as a backup.
   "Oh yeah mister. I have not forgotten about that." She paused for a second, as if looking around, seeing if the close was clear to say the next words. "One day, you are coming over and we are going to talk about this. Zane may be overprotective of me, but that doesn't mean I can't be towards him. I have to see if you're worthy." She says, all professional-like. I don't take it to heart because I know she's joking, or at least, will "interview" me, but give me the a-ok no matter what.
   "Alright, alright. What about on Monday?" I humor her, using a day I wouldn't be working as a waiter. Even if we won't really talk about Zane, it'd be a nice day to catch up and hang out.
   "Umm... I don't know, I have to go to the Maid Café that day. Maybe we can meet up on Wednesday and talk?" She spoke, still sounding as if she was setting up an entire appointment.
   "Sure," I respond simply.
   "Okay!" Aphmau merrily cheered. "Anyways, back to the circus. Well-- it's like both a circus and an amusement park, kind of like a two-in-one deal! That's why we have to go, today! Most everyone's off of work today, so I thought it'd be perfect."
   "What time?"
   "What about around," She pauses as she tries to think of a good time. "Two-ish? So like in about three hours. Is that good?"
   "I dunno, I'll have to look at my schedule." I say, making is seem as I could have other things to do. "Yeah, I have time."
   "Ugh, Travis. You're so lame." Aphmau giggles light heartedly. "Ok, we'll meet just outside your house to go. I'll inform everyone about this. Oh! And don't forget to tell Dante about this!" She adds the last sentence quickly, like I was about to hang up on her.
   "Okay, will do. See you then, Aph." I speak finally and end the call. Alright, I think, I have three hours to get ready. Maybe something nice, seeing as Zane is most likely going. Not that I need to wear things specifically for him. Psh. I can put on whatever I want. But I still want to look good.
   I stop myself from continuing that train wreck of a thought and get to work on getting ready. I decide on a cool yet casual outfit. Blue jeans, a light lavender shirt, and brown shoes. I did my hair in the usual way, and bam, I'm done in about fifteen minutes. I reminded myself to talk to Dante about it, so I go over to his room and knock on his door.
   "Hey, Dante. Aphmau, Aaron, me and the most of the others are going to the circus slash amusement park that is in town. You in?" I said through the door, since I heard no welcoming words to open it.
   "Ahh, sure I'll go. When is it?" I hear his muffled voice ask.
   "It's at two. We're all meeting in the front of our house." I explain.
   "Okay, I'll be ready by then." He mumbles and soon after I hear shuffling from around the room.
   I go back to my room to wait it out by practicing my spells. Now only if I could figure out how to make frog's breath undetectable by smell...

Word count: 1081
ELLO! Guess who? Me! And guess who has ideas for the next couple chapters? Me! Yeaahhh boi this gon' be fun.
((Sorry for the [basically] filler chapter, I'll get to work on the next soon))
Live, Love, Lapis, have a great day/night. Love y'all, my Gems!