Chapter XXXII - Meet

~Aphmau's PoV~

   I yawned, tired after walking around so much today, but still wanted to hang out with my friends since today I only was with Aaron. I pondered about different ways I could hang out, then a thought came to me. It was only 7:26, as my watch said, so I went over to Aaron to talk about my plans.
   "Hey, Aaron. It's kind of early, still, so," I paused, dragging out the last vowel, "I thought maybe we could have the others over for the rest of the night? I still want to really hang out with them." I clasped my hands together, making my best puppy eyes so that I could win over Aaron.
   He huffed, "Babe, you know I have work in the morning. Lucinda's a friend, I know, but I've already arrived late a couple times."
   "That's unlike you." I commented, my face dropping it's excitement, but regaining it quickly after. "But, anyways, please?" Stretching out vowels seemed to help whenever I was pleading.
   He sighed, "Okay, fine. But not for too long."
   "Yay!" I cheered, twirling around he oo face the group, who were now looking at me since my squeal was rather loud. "Anyone who wants to come to our place after getting back to Lover's~Lane, is welcome." People perked up a little at my announcement. Even some who I didn't expect to, like, ahem, Zane. My smile grew bigger, and we began walking out of the amusement park, saying goodbye to it for another while.
   I heard the guy's group talking about stopping to get ice cream before heading to my place, so I suggested that to my own. "Hey, we should get ice cream too. I'd love some right now."
   Soon, we were on the road, heading back to the main city and then to a local ice cream parlor to get some of that delicious dairy treat. Of course, I chose the ordinary cookie dough, Aaron getting weird mint chip. He always chose strange flavors.
   We drove back to my place, and most of the people in my car group stayed. Only Lucinda had to go, since she was working on some needed spells for her shop. That left Aaron, Katelyn, Kawaii~Chan, and me at the house. The two other girls went to claim their spot on the couch immediately, knowing well that once the guys get here, there won't be much space left on it. Aaron goes into the kitchen to get everyone some water -- because, of course, usually everyone's thirsty after ice cream -- and I was about to follow him when the girls asked where the remote to the TV was. I didn't know, so once we searched for a while, we turned on the TV, and Katelyn being herself, went straight to the channel with all her favorite shows. Once Upon a Time was playing, so she left it on that, rejecting any whine KC would throw at her to change it. I chuckled to myself, rolling my eyes playfully.
   Soon enough there was a small knock on the door. I quickly went to it and opened it, welcoming the guys to come in. Dante, Laurance and Garroth came in practically pushing each other and stumbling. From what I heard, Dante teased Garroth about something and was attempting to get back at him, with Laurance just getting in on the action, but also somewhat staying behind. Dante seemed to have finished his ice cream, while Garroth probably giving his to Laurance to keep safe. I'm assuming Garroth's is the pecan based cream in Laurance's left hand.
   I look back to find Travis and Zane being the slower ones. They come in laughing, but not the wild laughter from the group of boys in front of them. Theirs was a more civil, but it sure seemed inviting, warm in a way. Even Zane was chuckling to whatever nonsense came out of Travis's mouth. I looked at them pass by me, both of them greeting me in a rather cheerful way. Slightly stunned at the sight of having someone else make Zane genuinely laugh, I stood still for a bit, then smiled warmly. Whatever they were doing, was cute, and gave me a little burst of energy. I can so see myself fangirling over this pairing.
   The two pieces of yin and yang -- which is Zane and Travis, of course -- make their way to the couch with the ladies of pink and blue, while the roughhousing boys went over to the kitchen with Aaron. I thought about joining Aaron as well, until I had an idea, which involved the two girls in front of me.
   I went up behind them and tapped their shoulders, whispering, "Hey, join me at the table in five." After that, I swiftly walked away, as if what I had said was valuable information and I couldn't be seen with them, to keep that information safe. I ended up going to Aaron anyways, but only for a little bit, just to get three cups of water. Then I made my way over to the table and sat down. Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan soon each took a seat across from me, puzzled looks on their faces.
   "So, uh, why did you call us over and act so mysterious about it?" Katelyn raised a brow, obviously curious. My attempt in remaining serious and calm failed, as soon I was squealing like a hardcore fangirl.
   KC recognized the call of the fangirls immediately, looked over at Travis and Zane, and then met my eyes, and I could see, even for a split second, there was a spark of shipping in hers, too. I mean, we had talked about this before, but it was only recently that I convinced her this ship could sail. She believed Katelyn and Travis were destined, but alas, that ship sank when we were on a cruise, ironically.
   "Um, I'm still in the dark. It's like you two are talking with each other through your minds..." she motioned to both of us, confusion still shown on her face, "It's kind of creeping me out."
   "Okay," I briskly leaned over the table a bit more, startling Katelyn a little, "I have a ship."
   With those four words, Katelyn's expression changed from beffudlement to a mix of uncertainty and a sort of I-don't-want-to-be-a-part-of-this look. "Look, Aphmau, I get you guys are really into this kind if stuff -- can't understand why -- but I'm just not--"
   "But Katelyn~Sama! Kawaii~Chan thinks you'd really like the pairing we're talking about." Kawaii~Chan inturrupted cheerfully.
   "Ugh," Katelyn groaned, "okay, go on." She gestured lazily to continue.
   "I was thinking about this, and I've noticed," I paused a little for dramatic effect, "Zane and Travis have been getting very close." I took a sneaky glance over to them, noting that, for having much space to sit, they sat pretty close to each other. "In more ways that one," I added.
   Katelyn looked over as well, not caring I'd they knew we were talking about them. "Hm. Aphmau, I think you might possibly be onto something." There was a bit of curiosity in her voice, as if she had begun getting more interested in learning more. Gee, I should be a salesperson.
   "Yeah, Aphmau~Senpai was talking about it the other day, and Kawaii~Chan's shipping shrine is moving from jelly and peanut butter to yin and yang." KC giggled like she just told an evil joke.
   "Kawaii~Chan, I thought you told me that you took that down." Katelyn groaned again, letting her head go back a little in annoyance.
   "Well, that was sort of only halfway true." The meif'wa laughed nervously and tapped her fingers together. Katelyn's face was blank, and she was about to make a rebuttal when I shook my hands in the air to get their attention.
   "Ladies! Ladies, the task at hand?" I pointed my thumb to the right, where our ship was sitting.
   "Right, right, sorry." Katelyn shifted her body so that it was back facing the table and not at Kawaii~Chan. "But, sure, they can be somewhat cute --euh, me calling either of them cute -- what can we do about it?"
   "We can try to get them together!" I exclaimed, but not loud enough for any of the guys to hear.
   "I'm not sure Aphmau, life isn't just some script you write. You can't decide who gets with who." The blue lady in front of me said maturely. She was acting like such a mother.
   "Look, I know that, but, I just want them to be happy. And we already know Travis likes Zane. Maybe we can just give them a little push in the right direction?" I pleaded. I wanted Katelyn to be in on this as well. It could be fun.
   "I dunno. I'll help you guys think of a safe plan," she said, stressing the word 'safe', "but I want no part of the actual 'doing' part."
   "Good enough for me!" I smiled, KC agreeing with me with a nod. "Alright, girls, let's get to work."

Word count: 1528
Extra long chapter!
Sure, not much actual Zanvis stuff, but I really want to involve the others in the book. I don't want it to be completely focused on Zane and Travis.
Alright! Imma go, I'm tired. See y'all later!
Live, Love, Lapis, I hope you are having a great day or night! Bye my Gems!
[BTW fun fact, I can just tap things on my autocorrect and I'd eventually get my outro! Yay!!]