Chapter IV - Hulu Night

~Zane's PoV~

        It was Tuesday already, and I would've forgotten if Travis hadn't texted me. When I read the text, I flailed, remembering I promised them I'd be there. It was already about seven in the evening, the time we said was a good time to get together. I quickly put on light gray pants, an undershirt, a dark sweater, black shoes, and my dark colored mask. I could never tell what color the mask actually was. I texted him back, saying I'll be there in five mintues.
        Wait, how'd he get my number? Kawaii~Chan couldn't have told him, she doesn't know it either...
        "Where ya going?" Garroth interrupted my scramble to get ready.
        "I'm going to Kawaii~Chan's place to watch SU with her and Travis." I replied simply, as if it was nothing. Garroth looked rather surprised. "Huh."
        I raised a brow, saying, "What's with the face?"
        "Well, honestly I thought I'd never actually see you willingly go to hang out with people."
        I started to chuckle a little, until he kept his straight face. "Wait really?"
        "Yep."
        I stared at him, "Well thanks for believing in me."
        "You're finally being social. My baby brother is being social." He started getting 'emotional', but it was fake. Sarcastic idiot. He got closers to me, wanting a hug.
        "NO. BAD. Okay see ya later bye!" I speed walked downstairs and out the door as if a bunch of feet-eating magical gnomes were chasing me. I felt the fresh autumn cold hit my face, and I lifted my mask higher and adjusted my hair. The stars were out tonight. White and light gray on dark blue, almost black. The moon was half full, a waning gibbous. Crossing the street, I kept my head up. There wasn't really anything interesting on either side of me, so I looked up. It was the best time to do so. Walking up the stone walkway to the girl's house, I rang the doorbell. Kawaii~Chan opened the door.
        "Hi Zane~Kun! Come in." She stepped aside so that I could walk in, the warm air embracing me. "Oh! Kawaii~Chan forgot to ask, do you prefer Zane~Kun or Mr. Zane? Since you did give me the lesson on being serious."
        "Mr. Zane, please, or just Zane."
        She nodded, cheerily, "Okay Zane." She closed the door, and soon excusing herself to the kitchen.
        Knowing her, she probably is just baking some type of sweets or baked goods to have while we watch.
        I continued to venture into their house. There were little pots of flowers here and there, and a large painting of a black, otherworldly beast with three heads on the far right wall. On the side cabinet in front of it there were some framed pictures of mostly Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan, with some mixtures of Aphmau and the other boys. Then, in the middle, with beautiful spruce frame around it, was the picture we took in the apartment when we went to A-Con.
        I bet Kawaii~Chan fangirls over that every time she passes it, seeing as her ship is on it. Speaking of which, I know she has to have some sort of shipping shrine still up somewhere. I don't believe that she ever took it down , or ever will.
        I was in a small room at the time, so I walked forward until I reached a fork in the hallways, the kitchen being in front of me, to my right, another room, and living room to my left. I went left, just catching a flash of pink and white in the kitchen as KC scrambled to bake. I saw a head of white-snow hair on the maroon couch. The TV was on the menu of Hulu. I made my way around the side of the couch and I sat down, getting the attention of the male beside me.
        "Hey Zane." He said enthusiastically. "Glad you could make it, and right on time too. We were gonna start once KC put the cookies in the oven.
        "Oh, she's making cookies?"
        "Yeah. Didn't you see her in the kitchen with a tray? She's making chocolate chip, oatmeal and raisin, and snickerdoodles." He pointed with his thumb backwards from the way we were facing.
        I shifted my glance, as if I could actually see her through a wall. "Yeah I saw her. Didn't know what, though." I tried to hide my excitement and giddiness over the cookies.
        Oohhhh my Irene she's making snickerdoodles. YES!
        "Aphmau did say that your favorite were snickerdoodle, so Kawaii~Chan decided to bake each of our favorite cookies."
        I pointed to him, "Oatmeal and raisin?"
        He chuckled, then said, "How'd you know?"
        "I figured you'd choose something bland, your hair just shows it."
        He pretended to be offended. "Psh, you're the one here with bland hair, I mean a lot of people have black hair. Only true masterpieces are gifted with my natural snow-silver hair." He proceeded to place his hand almost as if he was fanning himself. I had to keep myself from laughing, as his 'posh' position was so stupid. He saw me trying to contain myself and grinned. We continued talking for a bit.
        Hm. Never figured this flirt was actually funny. I can actually hold a proper conversation with him, which is surprising.
        Eventually, the TV got off of the main menu. It switched over to Steven Universe, and episode one of season two came on. The lights flickered off, alarming us even more. My good eye searched and looked around, trying to find anyone who might've done it. Other than the sound of us moving around on the couch and the low TV, it was silent.
        "Kawaii~Chan..?" Travis spoke out. He moved, as if he were to get off the couch, but he stopped, still looking over the back of the couch. After a small while, I got off, and walked over to the intersection of the hallway. Nothing.
"This better not be some kind of prank! I know Katelyn lives here so..." I continue walking a little over to the kitchen where KC had been baking. SU was still playing in the background, and I heard footsteps. It was Travis. "What do you think happened?" He shrugged.
"They better not be trying to spook us just because it's October."
We explored the kitchen, and then we took a small peek in the main room, where the front door was. "What the hell? Should we try and get to the electricity box?"
"Yeah, good idea it's just outside, right?"
"I think so," I look at him, "I'm gonna check this last room just in case though." I go through the hallway cross-section again, and we check the spare room they have yet to furnish. It holds just a bunch of boxes that are calling to be unpacked. "It doesn't look like there's anythi-"
        Rustling. In a corner, there were a few boxes stacked on top of each other, and they were shaking slightly. It still made a pretty audible noise. "Okay, this house is haunted." Travis spoke up. Shaking stopped. Shaking started again. Shaking in another spot. Shaking stopped in the original spot. Another started shaking. Both stopped together.
        "Yep, okay, thiiiiiiiis is where we get out of here." Travis spoke up once again, starting towards the opening we came from. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me out of the room, and back into the living room. "Should we go try and find the box, then?"
        "Sure." I was about to walk away when I noticed Travis hadn't let go of my hand. "Um."
        "Oh, uh- right, sorry." He let go quickly. Then, suddenly, there was a loud crash coming from the kitchen. Saying nothing, we only looked at each other, and I started slowly walking to the kitchen. Travis followed behind me. When I got to the kitchen, I heard shuffling behind me, and then Travis. "Did you just put your hand on my back?"
        "Travis, I'm in front of you." I heard him slightly squealing in fear. "What, you're already spooked? It's the girl's playing a prank. Let's just stay on the couch until they let up." I motioned for him to turn around and walk the other way. I stood behind him, and when he moved forward I walked with him. "See, it's really not-"
        "WrrRaaAaWW!"
        "Ahh!" I stepped towards Travis and instinctively threw my arms around him, and he did the same. I felt the blood leave my face. Then there was laughing. Hysterical laughing.
        "Oh my Irene that was perfect!" I could hear Katelyn say, while laughing. The dark shadow in front of us took their mask off, revealing light blue hair. Two other voices joined in laughing, and I could feel my cheeks heat up, along with my ears.
        "I KNEW IT!" I pushed Travis off of me, thinking we were together for too long. "I knew you guys were behind this!"
        How dare you people..! I swear you are all too childish.
        I grumbled, knowing my blush, that was out anger and embarrassment, was clearly noticeable once the lights would get back on.

~Kawaii~Chan's PoV~

        Oh Irene this was just too perfect! We did such a good job, that Katelyn~Sama actually got the boys to get scared!
        I kept laughing, tears almost sliding my face. Aphmau~Senpai turned the lights back on, and you could see that Zane~Ku-, I mean, Zane's face was a bright pink-red.
        Wow, Zane really blushed.. a lot. Guess you have his paleness to blame for that.
        They were still hugging until Zane pushed them away.
        Wait..
        I felt my stomach do a flip-flop, and my eyes sparkled. I gasped, and ended up squealing. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, but then they realized the squeal came from me, so obviously it was normal. Things started to calm down, and we all watched Steven Universe in the living room. I smiled evilly, marveling at my thoughts.
        Hmmm.. hehuehe... let's see how this goes down~..

Word count= ~1700
Bleh. Sorry for the pretty bad chapter, this chapter has been  thrown around but eh idk. I couldn't work on it yesterday as it was my brother's birthday. Oh, and happy late birthday Aphmau~ (yes I know I'm like four days off shh)
Live,
Love,
Lapis,
Keep calm and flutter on (idk). Bye my little Gems.