Chapter XII - Snowed In

~Travis's PoV~

I open my eyes a little, and then shut them again because of a bright white light. I shiver slightly, it being pretty cold, and pat my hand around my sleeping area to try and find my blanket. I grab onto a soft piece of cloth and drag it towards me.
"Un-hand me, peasant." I hear a low growl as I open my eyes once more. Dark grey, black and pale skin is what I see. It's Zane.
"Wha-a?" I stutter, and scan my surroundings to see that I'm on the floor, on a sleeping bag. This isn't my house either, and at first I can't make out what it is, but then I recognize it as Aphmau's and Aaron's house. Then I remember.
Oh right.. Aphmau had let us sleep over due to the snow, and she got some sleeping bags for everybody.
"I said un-hand me." I feel movement and realize that I still had Zane in my grasp. I let him go, a little embarrassed.
"Sorry." All I got was an inaudible mumble in return. I sit up and stretch, looking around some more. Most people haven't awoken yet, as the only people that are up are me, Zane, and Aaron. I can see Aaron in the kitchen, trying not to make too much sound while he cooks everyone breakfast. Katelyn was laying on one couch while KC was on the other, and Laurance and Garroth were side-by-side about four feet in front of me. Aphmau, I assumed, was still in bed.
I guess some of the people left before the weather hit too hard... Gene, Vylad, and Lucinda aren't here. Well, to be honest, Lucy probably just poofed out of here with her magic.
I turns around to see that Dante was behind me, and he was covered by a mound of blankets and soft covers.
So that's where the blankets went, that greedy, blue-haired idiot.
I silently crawl over to Dante, making sure not to wake the others. Date's face looks so peaceful - so at rest. So I strip him of all of his covers and leave him to shiver in the horrid cold.
This is what you get, now you must suffer the coldness.
"You are an absolute monster." I heard a deep voice say behind me. Turning around, I find the voice came from Zane, as he was stretching. He clicked his tongue in a jokingly disapproving manner, and got up. He fixed the rugged rolls of his heavy sweater and adjusted his mask as I found myself glaring at him. His hair was messed up, going wild in so many different directions. It was slightly parted in the front, and I could swear I could've been able to see small specks of bright icy blue before he brushed his hand over his face.
Those eyes... those icy blue eyes..
I noticed before he did that I was staring, so I shifted my gaze to the right a bit. He gave me a quick glance before going off and venturing into the kitchen. I decided to go and help them with whatever I could - but before that, I grabbed a couple soft sheets and threw them across each person in the living room. There was one more left, but I gave that one to Dante, seeing as he was the one closest to the window. Then, for the first time, I looked outside. I drew in a sharp breath as my eyes instinctively widened.
Outside, there were layers stacked on layers of thick snow. The peak of the frozen pile was at least one third of the window - and these houses had pretty large windows. It was still snowing, with a good chance that if you stick your tongue out, you'll catch a snowflake pretty quickly. Trees were burdened by the heavy snow that lay on top of them, and the usually clear streets were far from visible. It was still bright outside, but clouds shrouded the sky. There were obviously no cars riding around, and the whole time I hadn't seen a speck of animal life, other than a lonely squirrel and a flying bird overhead.
I quickly walked over to the guys in the kitchen. Zane was sitting on a stool at the side of the island, on his phone, while Aaron made omelettes, waffles, and hot cocoa for everyone.
"Have you guys seen outside?" I whisper-shouted at them, remembering the sleeping adults in the other room.
"Yes, I have," Aaron responded, simply, in his normal voice, "and no need for whispering."
"It... the snow came rather sneakily this year." Zane commented. I was completely taken aback by the amount of snow that was just outside the door. Marveling at it greatly, I earned a small huff from Zane. I'm going to assume it was a strange, breath-out chuckle. "What? Never seen snow before?"
"I mean- yes, obviously, but this seems a bit excessive."
"It happened last year. You shouldn't be so surprised." Zane said, looking at his nails as if this didn't occur only once or twice a year.
"Yeah, but it's snow!" I raised my voice a bit, getting giddy. I was immediately shushed by both of them. I heard some quiet shuffling and footsteps on wood.
Aphmau came down just as Katelyn silently stumbled over to us. Katelyn was still in last night's clothes as Aphmau was in very light blue matching pajamas with purple polka-dots.
"What's with all this ruckus?" Katelyn asked, half-open eyed, obviously still very asleep.
"Hiya Katelyn. Mornin', guys." Aphmau cooed a greeting to us all. A chorus of salutations echoed across our little group of five. "Seems the snow got us all trapped in here again, just like last year." Aph looked at the frozen world of outside, as if remembering some strange yet comforting memories. "Well, we're just gonna have to do the best of it."

Most everyone was awake and had eaten breakfast already. Except for KC. She'd always been a heavy sleeper and definitely not a morning person. Her food sat on the counter, wrapped in plastic covering, untouched until whenever KC would wake up. I looked over at the sleeping meif'wa, and guessed that time was not going to be soon.
"So, what are some ways to pass the time?" Laurance broke the quietness with a question, so bored he was sitting upside-down in a dining chair.
"Do you guys want to play some games or something?" Aaron piped up. He probably meant board games or something along those lines.
"Oooo! Like never have I ever?" Aphmau perked up. She then gasped, "What about spin the bottle? Seven minutes in heaven?"
"Aph, hun, none of us here are cliché fifteen-year-olds going to our first boy-girl party." Katelyn remarked, with a tone that said 'I am not going to do that'.
"What? Scared you might 'accidentally' kiss Travis again?" Aphmau teased. I felt my face get a little warm, remembering the time at A-con, but it quickly went away.
"I thought we had agreed to never speak of that horrid day ever again." The light-blue haired girl said nonchalantly with a hint of annoyance.
"Fine." Aphmau pouted. Then she gasped. "Truth or dare..?" Her voice went higher as she neared the end of her suggestive question, as if not sure if it's a good idea.
Everyone looks at each other, sending silent messages. When no one objects, Aph pipes up again:
"Then it's settled!" She giggled enthusiastically. "Everyone, get in a circle, or something that resembles one, and let's start!"
Let's see how well this goes.. I love the people, but they can get kind of strange sometimes.

Word count: 1296
AYE IT'S HERE.
Sorry I haven't updated and that this is basically a filler. BUT I swear to you I have ideas for this, it'll just take some time, and i have to know when the right time to implement them is.
Live, Love, Lapis, hope you have a great day/night. Bye my beautiful Gems~.