Chapter XIII - Truth or Dare (Pt.1)

~Zane's PoV~

   Oh, so we're going to play this childish game. Great.
   The snow outside had melted away only about an inch since I first checked. It was still rather cold, so each of us had at least a light blanket on.
   We all sat in a shape that somewhat resembled an oval, and some people were on the couch, some on the floor, and some pulled up a chair. I sat on the floor, in the space in front of the couch so that I could have something to lean on. Next to my left, sitting criss-cross on the floor, was Aph. Aaron was beside her.
   "Okay! I guess I'll go first..." Aphmau declared, raising her hand. She then brought it down and rested it on her chin, then pointed in front of her. "Hmm.. Katelyn! Truth or dare." I looked to my right, to see Katelyn leaned lazily on the corner of the couch.
   "You know me Aph. Dare." She responded, not bothering to lift her head from the back of the couch.
   Aphmau gave an evil giggle and then said, "For the next five rounds, you have to talk in the third person, then say 'pink leather' after each sentence."
   "What?"
   "You have to say pink leather!" Aphmau insisted.
   "Um.. okay? Ugh, I really don't-" Katelyn was interrupted by KC.
   "Third person, Katelyn~Sama."
   "Ugh, pink leather. Fine, pink leather. Laurance, truth or dare... pink leather." Katelyn said after stumbling on her words for a bit.
   "Hmm.. truth."
   "Who was your first kiss? Pink leather." Katelyn had a sly face on while she asked.
   I couldn't help but interrupt. "This coming from the one who didn't want to act like 'cliché fifteen-year-olds going to our first boy-girl party'." I remarked, quoting her.
   "Well, if I-...Katelyn's going to play then Katelyn at least wants some interesting things to happen. Pink leather. Katelyn has to entertain herself. somehow, pink leather." She grumbled in my direction.
   Wow, she's actually keeping up with the stupid dare Aphmau have her.
   "So, Laurance... what were you going to say, pink leather?" Everyone's head turned to look at Laurance, who was sitting beside Garroth, who was across from me. His face was dusted in a shade of pink ever so slightly.
   "Well... I'm going to assume dares don't count?" He gazed at Katelyn, and she shook her head 'no' in response. "Hmph. Then I'd have to say it was Aph." There was a small squeak to my left. It came from Aphmau.
   "Oh, riiight.." She trailed off, most likely remembering the situation they'd been in. Judging by her expression, she was a little embarrassed about it. Then she cleared her throat, her noise slicing the silence in the house. "Your turn, then, Laurance."
   "Um, Aaron. Truth or dare?"
   "Let's go with truth."
   "Does Aphmau still get all flustered when you kiss her?" Laurance asked. I bet by this point he was just causing Aphmau to get uncomfortable in any way.
   "To put it simply, yes." Aaron chuckled a little and pulled a, now flustered, Aphmau closer to him, having his arm around her already. "Travis, truth or dare." He immediately went to ask, not wasting any time.
   "Truth."
   "Is it true that you grow corn in the backyard you share with Dante?" The charcoal-haired male asked, tilting his head and glancing to Dante.
   What?
   "Uhhh... yes." Travis sighed, finally, after a moment of strange silence. "I do grow some types of flowers, but mostly corn."
   "How? Isn't it too cold in Washington to do that?" Kawaii~Chan pondered aloud, her finger on her chin.
   "Well, I-" he cut himself off. "I honestly don't know." He sat straight-faced, probably questioning his corn-growing ways. The circle of people grew quiet once again, mostly confused on this new-found information. "KC, truth or dare." Travis spoke up.
   "Kawaii~Chan chooses dare!" She said, putting on a brave smile. That smile went away quickly when Travis spoke again.
   "For the next two whole days, you can't wear pink. Actually, no, scratch that. Dark colors only."
   KC's jaw swung open. "So.. I can't wear any bright colors?"
   "Nope."
   "Pastel?" KC's eyes were hopeful.
   "Nada de eso." [None of that]
   "Neon?"
   "Non." [No]
   KC pouted, "Any sorts of tints?"
   "Nein." [No]
   How many languages can he refuse in?
   "So... that mean you have to go change, those two days have started." Travis said, dragging out the last word, trying to sound as menacing as possible. It wasn't working. Slowly, KC made her way up the stairs.
   "Aphmau~Senpai, I'm going to borrow some of your clothes." She shouted from above.
   "Well, I didn't- ah, nevermind." Aph grumbled beside me. We waited for a while, some people started talking. I looked over to Aphmau, and saw she was talking with Aaron.
   I just won't bother them.
   I looked to my right, casting a lazy glance across te entire group. Everyone had a partner to talk to; everyone knew each other so well, and were comfortable with their friends. Katelyn talked to the boys on right - Garroth, Laurance, and Dante. Mostly only the blue-haired man baby though - Laurance and Garroth seemed to be having their own silly conversation. As I mentioned before, Aphmau chatted with Aaron. She was leaned up against his shoulder, and they were talking about something to do with their "fur-babies".
   Then there was me, against the couch, having no one to talk to. Or rather - just talking to myself. Aphmau was my only real friend in this crowd of people, and with anyone else I'd have trouble just keeping normal chit-chat. When I was tempted to bring out my ear buds out of pure boredom, vanilla filled my nose.
   Mmm.. vanilla.
   I heard some quiet shuffling close to my hear, an then a:
   "Hey Zane. Noticed you were a little lonely." I peered over to try and identify the speaker. It was a certain cotton ball-haired, emerald green-eyed weirdo Casanova.
   "I'm not lonely. I just don't have anyone to talk to."
   "That sounds pretty lonely to me." Travis commented, stretching in a rather awkward position. He lay diagonally, with half of his leg off the back of the couch, and his head very close to the edge of the front. "Plus, you can always talk to me." He flashed me one of his signature, crooked grins. "We are friends, aren't we?"
   "Wouldn't we have to hang out a little more?" My mouth blabbered, unauthorized by my brain. After I finished the sentence I immediately regretted it. But to much to my surprise, he gave a little chuckle.
   "Well we're hanging out now." Travis snickered, then smirked. "Or do I have to kiss you like how Aphmau did when you guys first became friends?" I felt my cheeks flare up a little due to his remark, and I struggled to keep my cool.
   "Do you seriously have to flirt with absolutely everyone you meet?" I kept my voice as monotone as possible, adding a dash of annoyance to keep it believable.
   "What?" He said, carefree, "It was only a question. Besides, flirting is just who I am."
   "Right, Dante was the one who changed you in high school. You were scared to even speak." I remembered the days when Travis was an innocent cinnamon roll.
   "Look who's talking!" He smiled as he did his best to roll in place to lay normally.
   "I was not scared to talk to people. I just had no one to talk to." I mumbled the second sentence and averted my gaze to the side, avoiding his stare. It was quiet between us for a moment, then he responded:
   "Then, we'll just have to fix that. From now on, you and I are friends." He said enthusiastically and excitedly. I turned my head back to meet his eyes. His face had a determined look on it, but his eyes were filled with wonder and curiosity. I drew in a breath, preparing to speak again when my attention was brought to the stairs.
   "Okay, Kawaii~Chan's back. Sorry Kawaii~Chan took so long, Aphmau~Senpai hardly had anything devout of color." She flicked her eyes down for half a second. She had black boots on, faded gray pants and a big sweater with a black-and-white daisy on it. "Now, let's continue!" She hopped off the last two stairs and made her way back to her original seat.
   Let's continue this, shall we?

Word count: 1422
HOLO, IT'S ME hey. Ok so I've not been updating cuz French oral exams bla bla bla school sucks.
On the bright side, part thirteen is here~
Live, Love, Lapis, how about we play some truth or dare? Bye my beautiful, shining Gems~, and have a good day/night!