Chapter Twenty Nine

Copyright © 2012 Trisia Glasgow

Random fact about Recycled Love- This story originated from a dream I had one night.

This is dedicated to WhiteRabbit17 because her advice got me through my writer's block.. Thank you <3

*******************************************************************************************************

      Adelina’s POV

I stood frozen in the food court of the mall. I just stared at the man who caused me so much pain and heartache. My eyes refused to move away from his tall form, that pink scar taunting my eyes; as if daring me to look away. My blue eyes follow the movement of his hands as he waved at me, blowing me a kiss with that same sickening smile on his lips. I felt Darren shaking me, calling my name doing everything in his power to grasp my attention, but my body stayed paralyzed. I couldn’t tell Darren that I was okay; I couldn’t reassure him that everything was just fine. The man who executed my family had his spell on me and I didn’t know how to break it.

Tears rolled down me cheeks, splashing against me chapped lips as my mind took me back to the day that those familiar black eyes attacked my pack. I remember the sadistic look in his eyes when he fought against my father, the cruel curl on his lips when he met me in the park telling me that I was going to join his pack. I never understood why he wanted me so desperately that he had to destroy my pack, but I have the strangest feeling that I would soon find out.

A stinging on my cheeks pulled me out of dream like state; I’m positive that my mate would not be happy about that later. I averted my eyes from that man, and turned towards a frantic Darren

“You know Peter is going to have your balls for that right?” I asked motioning towards my probably red cheeks.

Darren winced at the thought “God I didn’t think of that. He’s going to go mental on my ass” he whined “What happened to you?” he asked the amusement in his voiced sobered up immediately.

“Nothing” I mumbled, my eyes travelling back to the spot where he stood. The only difference now was that he was gone. A part of me was relieved that he was no longer there, but the other part is terrified. How did he find me? Is he going to come after me?

Of course he’s coming after you, did you forget that note. My wolf reminded me. Of course she would ruin my good mood.

“That wasn’t nothing baby doll, you were paralyzed on the spot. I was calling your name for about five minutes and you didn’t even respond. I shook your body like a go damned rag doll, and you didn’t move. So don’t tell me it was nothing. Dammit Adelina what are you hiding?”

“It’s nothing okay. It’s just something I need to deal with on me own, I don’t need to put your life in danger as well” I uttered.

“Danger?” Darren cried “Adelina, what danger?”

“I said it was nothing”

“I’m going to pester you until you tell me what the hell is going on. If you’re in danger you can tell me, I can help you. Why are you hiding things from me, and your mate? If there is danger don’t you think Peter deserves a chance to know? He just got you back, how do you think he will feel when he realizes you are in danger and there’s a possibility that he could lose you” he ranted on.

“Darren he’s not going to lose me”

“Then tell me what the problem is”

“No Darren just let it go, nothing is going to happen. This is just a precaution”