Chapter One

Adelina’s POV

(One year later)

I woke up this morning feeling like P Diddy. I was in the best moods ever; the sun was shining brightly, the bird chirping sweet melodies in my head. I just felt so happy, like I can go out there and help someone. Do some charity. Ah hell who am I kidding? This stupid alarm clock won’t shut the hell up! I lightly banged my fist against the clock hoping it’ll stop.

“I heard you. Now shut up” I yelled sleepily at the stupid clock that won’t stop no matter how hard I hit it. “AHHH you demon clock, stop making noise” with one final blow to the clock it finally stopped. And by stop I mean I broke it. Again! That’s the third clock I broke for the week. If I keep it up my entire salary would be spent on clocks that can’t even survive one day with the great Adelina Rae. “Feel my wrath and bow down to your master you retarded piece of shit” I yelled kicking my dead clock off the night stand. I jumped off my bed heading to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth hurriedly, quickly took a shower and changed into a pair of jeans, with a black button up shirt and black ballet flats. I went into my little kitchen and made myself some coffee. Slowly drinking it, unaware of the time, or the world. I’m so gonna get fired today. I work in a small café in town. It’s not like I need the money, but I’ll just bored out of my head. I hate working there though. Guys hit on me a lot. And it’s freaking annoying. I’m not one of those attention seeking chic. Last job I had, a guys tried to touch my ass and he ended up with a broken hand, and I got fired. FUN!

I parked my baby outside the shop, and headed inside the already busy coffee shop. Jeez these people sure love their coffee.

“You’re late” my manager Ben stated.

“No shit Sherlock! Tell me something I haven’t noticed yet” I retorted, rolling my blue eyes.

“Don’t sass me Ms. Rae”

“Whatever Ben” I flipped him off behind his back, walking towards the cash register. I throw on my apron, and began to serve customers. FUN? I think not!

It’s now ten, in the morning and people are still drinking coffee. What the hay? How much coffee can they drink? I need a break.

“Um excuse me, can I have a vanilla Frappuccino, and a blueberry muffin” the lady is wearing an expensive suit, tapping her phone busily. I lazily prepare her drink, and then I stoop to the showcase to get her muffin… oh shit there’s only one blueberry muffin left. And let me tell you I love myself a blueberry muffin. What should I do? Decisions, decisions!

“Ma’am we’re out of blueberry muffins” I say innocently trying to convince her. “How about a banana muffin?” I asked

“I’m allergic” she said

“Strawberry?”

“Allergic”

“Chocolate?”

“Allergic”

“Jeez lady what are you not allergic to?”

“Blueberry” she stated, bending to observe the showcase of desserts. I crossed my fingers, chanting, please don’t see it, please don’t see it, please don’- “Hey isn’t that a blueberry muffin there”

Shit! “No lady, I checked, there are no blueberry muffins.”

“But I can see one over there”

“There isn’t any lady”

“Yes there is”

“If there was I would’ve told you, now take your coffee and go” I retorted.