Chapter Eight

Adelina’s POV

For the rest of the day I stayed in my room, avoiding the Big Bad Alpha! And no it’s not because I’m scared of him, I’m just avoiding another confrontation. Next time I won’t back down. Sure my wolf wouldn’t like it but, I don’t give a figgy pudding anymore. I will not be disrespected especially by my mate. Alpha or not!

It was about time for my date, I changed into a black dress with spaghetti straps, it had a jewel encrusted belt around the waist and it stopped just above my knees. I matched it with a pair of black flats. I had my hair up in a simple ponytail and I resorted to minimal make up. I looked good if I do say so myself. I was actually excited about my time out of the house. Darren is so calm and collective that he brings me a sense of security.

I still had a half hour before our date, so I sat on my bed, playing with the bangles around my wrists. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts. Wanna guess what I was thinking about. Or who? Yup you got that right. I would really like to say that I don’t understand why I’m thinking about him so much, but I can’t. The stupid connection I feel towards him, make his very presence occupy most of my thoughts. It’s not fair how I can’t seem to get him out of my mind. Sure I’ not in love with him, but I just want to be wanted, I want to feel like I belonged somewhere.

There was a light knock on my door which brought me back to reality.

“Come in” I said quietly. The bedroom door opened slowly to reveal a stressed out looking Alpha Grayson. He entered the room, refusing to look at me. “Can I help you Alpha Grayson?” I asked coldly.

He looked up into my eyes and I felt myself being sucked into his beautiful brown eyes. Looking into his eyes make me feel so warm. My blood began to boil as he stared at me intently, not removing his eyes off me. “You look beautiful” he said raking his eyes over my body once before settling to my eyes again.

“Thanks, I guess?” I said, making it sound like a question.

“Look Adelina I’m really sorry about what happened this morning. I just lost it. I let my wolf get the better of me. I know this is really hard for you, and I’m really sorry for putting you through this”

 I stood there with my mouth agape not really knowing what to say. Did he really just apologize? I opened my mouth to say something, but he held up one finger “I’m not finished yet” he said walking towards me “I really just want you to be happy, but you can never have that from me. I can never make you happy” his hand stroked my cheek gently, and the way he looked at me almost make me believed what he said. Almost.

“And do you think I’m happy about you rejecting me?” I raised my eyebrow at him. “You know what Alpha Grayson just forget it. Good luck with Rosie” I said rising up from my bed walking towards the door.

He grabbed my wrist spinning me around. “Please Adelina” he pleaded, looking at me with his smoldering eyes. “Can we at least try to be friends?” he asked, looking sincere as possible.

I passed my thumb over his lip once, watching how he shivered under my touch “I’m sorry Peter, but we weren’t meant to be friends” with that I turned and walked down the stairs. Just in time there was a knocked on the front door. I opened it and Darren stood there in a black button up shirt, he left a couple of buttons undone showing off his define chest, the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, enhancing his well-developed arms. His jeans were tight, and hung low off his waist.

“Hey.” I greeted him with a smile on my face.

“Hi, Adelina you look-” he trailed off his eyes raking over my body, lingering on my legs. “Wow” was all he said still looking at my legs.