Chapter Nine

Alpha Grayson

I stood there in her room and watched her walk away. Why doesn’t she want to be friends? That’s all I have to offer. I groaned loudly and dropped myself on her bed. Is the female species always this difficult? I know I’ve been beyond a jerk since she arrived, but I can’t help it. The alpha blood in her contests with mine and I can’t stand competition. Can’t she understand that she’s in my territory now? She has to follow my rules. Of course my pride and cockiness got the better of me, but I can’t stand the fact that she doesn’t listen to me. Ugh, I honestly can’t take it.

But all this anger is not necessarily directed to her because she doesn’t listen, I’m mad at myself for being a big jerk to her. Seriously I outright reject her, and then I tell her to respect the girl I rejected her for. Way to lay it on thick Peter. No wonder she hates us.

Us? I’m not the one she hates. My wolf sang

Well you are part of me, so if she hates me, she hates you too.

I’m maybe part of you, but I’m the best part.

Really what’s the difference?

Oh Peter, you are so naïve, I’m obviously smarter because I’ve been encouraging you to accept our mate, and you know you want her. You’re just to freaking stubborn at the moment. But when the time reaches and you realize you want her, I’ll be right here to say I told you so

We’ll see about that.

We shall.

There’s one question that seems to be on my mind lately, if I love Rosie, why is it that my thoughts are only consumed by Adelina? Do I really love Rosie? Of course I do, we’ve been together for so long.

Oh Peter you’re such a pain in the ass. My wolf said

Could you shut up, for like ten minutes I can’t stand your comments.

Touchy.

“Peter baby” I heard Rosie call from down the hall. I rolled my eyes and groaned loudly, I’m not in the mood for her antics right now. I walked out of Adelina's room and downstairs into the living room. “Peter?” I heard again, but this time she was much closer. Ugh sometimes I wish werewolves had the ability to be invisible.

Maybe if you close your eyes she wouldn’t see you. My wolf said amused by the fact that I’m trying to hide form Rosie.

If only it were possible. I said agreeing with my wolf for once. Can’t hurt to try. I closed my eyes trying to ignore her as she approached me. She jumped into my lap, wrapping her hands around my neck, grinding her hips into me. Is that supposed to be attractive? I thought. It’s so not working. She doesn’t smell the way my Adelina smells, she doesn’t feel the way my mate feels. I groaned inwardly. I removed her hands form around me, scooping her off my lap and placing her in the seat beside me.

“What’s the matter Peter?” Rosie asks, pouting in a very unattractive manner.

“Nothing” I mumbled. She began kissing my neck, dragging her hands down my chest. Take a hint Rosie. I stopped her hand just as it reached the waistband of my pants. “Rosie stop” I said not feeling turned on at all.

“Okay Peter what is the problem really?” she asked, glaring at me.

“There is no problem Rosie, I’m just not in the mood”

“Not in the mood?” she laughed “I can help you get in the mood” she offered, kissing my neck.

“Rosie I said that’s enough” I barked loudly