Chapter 28/ Your Fucking with me

Jason POV

Its been 2 weeks since I've been in this fucking hospital. The doctor said he was going to inform me of my condition, yet he hasn't! I feel nothing in my feet, and I can't move them. It feels strange but I'll wait for the doctor's verdict. I am happy I saw Selena though. I know he's going to hurt her one day. He's a fucking monster!

I think I'll keep what I know to myself though. I won't even tell Mark. I don't want them to hurt me or my sons.

"Mr. Decosta I'm happy to see that youre up," the doctor said to me.

"When will I be out?"

"I have some bad news for you" bad news?

"What kind of bad news?"

"The bullet lodged between your T11 and T12 vertebrae, cutting into your spinal cord" he took a deep breath.

"Yes, and what?" I said anxiously.

"We did surgery to control the bleeding and to attempt to salvage as much spinal function as possible. With this type of injury, there would be direct damage to the spinal cord by the bullet and indirect damage from the fractured vertebrae in the area and from pressure as blood accumulated in what we call a hematoma an-" I cut him off.

"Doc spear me the fucking medical shit and get to the fucking point!" I don't like where this is going.

"Ah yes sorry. Basically, what I'm trying to explain is that you are paralyzed from the waist down" he said while looking at me. My whole world froze. I'm a fucking cripple! I can't use my fucking dick!!

"Get out," I told him.

"Jason, you need to speak to our couns-"

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" I yelled I can't believe what they did.

"OK" he said and went through the door. This can't be happening right now!

******

Its now a month after knowing I can't walk again. The doctor said I could do physiotherapy, but I just want to stay by myself. Mike and Mark wanted to see me, but I quickly declined their visits. I don't want to see anyone right now

"Mr Decosta you have a visitor" the nurse told me.

"Tell them fuck off" I hissed.

"I'm afraid I can't do that Sir"

"Why the fuck not?"

"Because theyre by the door"

"Send them awa-"

"Why the fuck should we leave!?" Lucy hissed "Do you know how I have been worried about you! My pressure is sky high because of you!" She snarled.

"I'm sorry. Come in"

She came in along with Mark. "Dude, you know what your doing isn't right? I wanted to come see you for so long but you told them no! Why would you decline your baby mother from seeing you!" He snapped.

" Im sorry OK. I just needed some time alone. "

"That doesn't mean to shut us out! Now what the fuck is going on?" He hissed.

"They said I'm paralyzed " I fuddled with the cords stringing from my arms.

"What!?" Lucy yelled and got up.

"This is why I didn't want to fucking see you, people!" I hissed.

"Calm down Jas" Mark said "It's just surprising to us OK. What are you going to do?"

"What is there to do?"

"Did the cops found out who did it?" Lucy asked.

"No, they didn't. I won't question it. Its OK I guess" I have to keep this as a secret.

"IT'S OK! ITS, OK?! YOUR FUCKING CRIPPLED AND YOURE GOING TO TELL ME ITS FUCKING OK!!?" She yelled.

"Its OK. That's what I said. Now will you both leave"

"What!?" She yelled

"Just understand please. Leave it alone. I'm doing this for you OK. Mark take her and leave. If I need you guys, I'll call OK"

"OK. You make sure to call" he warned

"Don't worry I will" he said and left. I can't believe my life is turning out this way. I fucking hate it.

********

6 months of physiotherapy and I have managed to only move a fucking toe! Its progress though. Lucy is now 8 months pregnant, and I would be lying if I didn't say I'm nervous. Am I capable of being a good father? Maybe I should have thought about that couple months ago.

"Jas?" She called from the door

"Yea come in"

"How are you?" Her stomach is huge!

"I'm doing OK actually. How's my boys?" I rubbed her stomach. I found out she was having twins! How great is that?

"They are OK. At least the morning sickness held up a bit" she smiled

"I'm glad youre doing OK"

"Have you heard from Selena?" From our last encountering I haven't. I know she wouldn't give me the time of day, so I let her be with her rich kid. I saw that she opened up her catering company though. 'I do Catering' she calls it. Its actually a wedding catering company. I wish her luck though. She seems really happy.

"Its been a while" I gave her a weak smile.

"Yea same here. You want something to eat?" Lucy was an OK girl. I wish it was Lena, but I'll settle for her.

"No, I'm o-. Can you get the door?" I asked

"Sure" she padded towards the door. "Thank you" she said to the guy at the door and came towards me with an envelope.

"What's that?" I asked

"I don't know. But it has our name on it"

I opened the envelope, and I was surprised to see the contents that was inside.

With great pleasure

Nicolas Brown

& Selena Daniels

invite you to join them

at the celebration of their marriage

Saturday, the seventh of June

two thousand seventeen

at half past four in the afternoon

The Four Seasons Hotel

300 Doheny Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA

Dinner and dancing to follow

RSVP

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?