7. Awkward

Luke grabbed the guitar and sat on the edge of the bed. After the first chords I already recognized the song. This was one of my all time favorite songs. 'Just the way you are' by Bruno Mars.

 Luke was incredibly good, even better than I expected him to be. I did expect him to be pretty good but this was far above my expectations. I could clearly tell he enjoyed it. I was able to imagine him on some kind of acoustic session, taking everyone's breath away and making the time slow down. Everyone would keep silent so they wouldn't miss a single second from the song.

The music took me away. I felt like everything disappeared except for Luke and his guitar. His voice had something magical and I completely forgot we were sitting in his bedroom. 

"So what do you think?" Luke asked while biting his lip. He took his lip ring between his teeth and played with it, waiting for my answer. "I'm... I'm speechless. It was so beautiful," I stumbled, not finding the right words to describe his talent. "You don't have to lie," Luke chuckled.

"Luke, I'm serious, I'm literally speechless because it was so beautiful. You're really talented," I said. He smiled at me for a while and then snapped back to reality. "Your turn," he said and handed me his guitar. "Erh... okay," I sighed. I made myself at home and crawled further on the bed until I was in a comfortable position.

"Wait, let me think for a moment", I laughed while thinking of a song to play for him. "Take all the time you need," he said sarcastic while leaning backwards and letting himself fall on his back. "Alright, I got it."

I went with lego house by Ed Sheeran. I liked to sing slow songs, where nothing's rushed. You could simply be yourself while singing and you didn't have to worry about anything. 

 Luke clapped for me when I'm done. 'Wow, your voice is beautiful." I felt myself blushing and thanked him while staring at my lap, hoping he wasn't able to see my red cheeks. "But the song would be better if you played it like this," he claimed while putting one arm around me to put my hand on the right place. "I know it isn't the same as the original but I'm more in for making your own version of a song. otherwise you're more like a copy cat, you should play it the way you like it and how it suits you," he gently whispered as he adjusted my hands and played along with me.

I turned my head and noticed how close we were. I could feel his warm breath in my neck as I stared right into his deel blue eyes. The time stopped and everything around us suddenly disappeared. Luke's face slowly moved closer to mine and my heart stopped beating for a second.

 I knew it was a bad idea to kiss him because my heart would get broken eventually, whether it was this week or in 3 months, it would happen. But for some reason I wanted to kiss him so badly. I wanted to know how his it felt to connect his full, pink lips with mine.

I started to lean in too but suddenly Luke scooted back. "We should uuhm.. start our project," he said shyly with his eyes locked at the floor. "Right. We should probably start," I stated. I tried to smile but I was quite sure I had a very disappointed look on my face.

We spent the rest of the afternoon actually working on the project without talking much. It became awfully awkward since we almost kissed and now I was getting the jerk treatment again. He acted like nothing happened and just continued being his selfish self. Even though we worked for 4 hours straight we barely got something done because we couldn't agree on anything. When I said white, he said black. It was an impossible job. All we did was argue. 

"I think I'm just going home, this isn't working. I need a break. We'll try again tomorrow," I sighed and closed my book. "You're probably right," Luke mumbled, finally agreeing with me on something. I put my stuff in my bag and stood up. "Wait, I'll drive you home, there's no way you're walking alone trough the rain at 7pm," Luke said and stood up as well. "7 pm isn't late at all," I said. "I know but it's pretty dark outside and I don't want to be to cause to get you kidnapped or get hit by a car." "Wow, look at you having all positive thoughts," I said sarcastically. He sighed and looked at me. "Do you want a ride or not?" Luke asked seriously, getting as tired as me with us behaving each other like this towards each other. "Yes, I'm sorry," I answered.  

• • •

 "There you go," Luke said while stopping at my house. The ride was still very uncomfortable and I was glad that I could get out the car. As we were driving I was in a discussion with myself that I may had better walked even though it was raining like all the water needed to leave the sky immediately or it would blow up. Before I got out I turned to Luke and tried to solve our little problem because I didn't want to be in another fight with him. "Luke... about the-" "Don't say it. There was no kiss, nothing happened," he harshly interrupted me. "Luke...," I sighed. "Emma, just forget about it." I took a deep sigh. "Fine, see you later," I said and opened the car door. "Goodbye, Emma." was the last thing I heard before slamming the door shut.