2. Starbucks

The bell rang, announcing the end of the first period.

Luke stood up and walked out the classroom. I quickly put everything in my bag and chased after him, not caring if he wanted to talk to me or not. "Luke, wait!" I shouted, receiving some looks from other people in the hallway. He stopped walking and turned to me. "Oh hi", is everything he said. "Hi", I smiled.

I looked at him and noticed why I thought there was something different about him earlier today, he got a lip piercing during summer break. I normally didn't like it when people had piercings and tattoos but it really suited him and I would be lying if I said it wasn't attractive on him.

"What do you even want from me, Emma?" he asked with a harsh tone. "What do you mean?" "I mean that I don't understand why little miss perfect suddenly would want to have anything to do with me. You've never talked to me before, I'm sure you barely knew I existed but one of your boyfriends just dumped you and you just walked up to the first guy you saw so you can try to manipulate him but that won't work with me", he snapped. I took a step back, feeling attacked. "I didn't-", I stumbled but Luke already interrupted me. "Save it, I'll see you later, Emma."

I didn't know why I didn't start screaming in his face because he said some things that did make me mad, and he deserved it but I just didn't feel like it. I felt offended. He didn't know anything about me. He just assumed I'm a spoiled, fake girl who walked around with her daddy's credit card and kissed all the boys. That's exactly what I hated: people judging me based on my successful father. I wanted to run back to him and start shouting and throwing insults at him but I thought it's best that I'd leave him alone.

I walked to the lunch table with Amanda, Carter, James and Sarah. They were talking about how much their new teachers already annoyed them but I couldn't keep focused. My mind kept repeating Luke's words. I've ignored him since then, which is harder than I thought it would be because we're taking the exact same classes. I hoped it wasn't going to be like this the entire school year because I definitely wasn't in for the drama.

"Emma, is there something bothering you?" Amanda waved her hand before my face to get my attention. "What? No. Why?" I said probably faster than I should have because now all of my friends were staring at me. Their face expressions were a mixture of confused and worried.

"Em, you're obviously lying", Sarah said. "I don't know, it's just... never mind", I sighed. "Okay, you don't need to say it if you don't want to", she said and gave me a comforting smile. I returned her a nod and set my mind of Luke and talked along with them.

"We should go out after school! You know because we're starting our senior year and we've known each other for about 15 years now", Carter suddenly suggested. "That's actually a good idea. Woah, congrats", Amanda laughed. "What? This isn't the first time I have a good idea!" he defended himself. "Sure, whatever you want", she teased him and sticked out het tongue.

"We could just go to the mall", I suggested. I haven't been there for a long time. The mall had always been our place, we usually didn't even enter a shop but just sat on the benches and drank some starbucks. "Okay, that's settled then, meet up at the parking lot after school", James agreed.

• • •

The bell rang for the last time today and I made my way do the parking lot to meet my friends. "Hi!" I called. "Emmaaaa! Finally! now let's get going", James said happily before climbing in the car.

It was quite busy at the mall when we arrived. We agreed on going to starbucks before doing anything else. When we walked out I bump into someone and spilled my coffee all over my clothes and also over the other person's.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you", I stumbled looking at his ruined shirt. The shirt looked familiar to me and when I looked up I saw the boy's face. It was Luke. Great, I finally forgot about him and now out of all people I needed to bump into him.

I didn't know why but his eyes softened when I looked into them. "Don't worry about it, it's okay. It's my fault anyway", he sighed. I was surprised he didn't start shouting at me and insulting me for thinking I'm better than him or something like that. He even looked guilty, I wasn't sure if he felt sorry for shouting at me at school or for just walking into me and making me spill my coffee.

I tried wiping of the coffee on my shirt but Luke stopped me by grabbing me wrist. "Come, I'll buy you a new one", he said friendly. "Emma, are you coming?" Carter shouted from ahead of me. I totally forgot I was here with them. "No, she's coming with me", Luke said for me and pulled me by my arm along with him, leaving my friends speechless behind us.

___________________________

Hello :) I wanted to wait until next week to upload this chapter but fuck that! I'm in a really good mood bc my cousin is back together with his girlfriend, who he dated for almost 6 years and they're so cute and they're just made for each other ^^ and bc it's easter so happy easter!! :)

btw I just made a second twitter account and you should follow it ;) @Hemmo1999_ I follow back, also on my main @NathalieDirkx :) x

k that was all, hope you like the story so far xx