11. Love and Hate

"I have another question." "I'm pretty sure you already used all your twenty questions," I laughed. "Actually, I'm at nineteen," Luke laughed. I also let out a silent laugh before his face expression turned back serious.

"What would you do if I kissed you right now?" Luke asked while staring at my lips. "I don't know," I paused for a while to see his reaction. "Why don't you just find out?" I smiled as I bit my bottom lip.

His lips curled into a smile as well and then he started moving his head closer to mine until our foreheads touched. We looked into each others eyes once more. There was a spark in his perfect blue eyes, which made them even more beautiful.

I closed my eyes and connected my lips to his as they slowly moved in sync, like they were made for each other.

Kissing Luke felt even better than I imagined. Of course I've imagined this before, expecially since we almost kissed at his room. His soft, pink lips felt warm unlike his cold lip ring. It was perfect. My heart was racing and my mind was filled with only one thing. Him.

He putted his hand on my cheek and I threw my arms around his neck to play with his hair. He let out a moan and used his free hand to pull me closer by my waist. The kiss became more passionate as we both let out the lust for each other that we've been hiding this entire time.

I scooted closer to him and he pulled me on his lap so I had one leg at each side of him. His hands moved to my back under my shirt and mine did the same with him. "Luke," I moaned between the kisses in. "Shht, less talking, more kissing."

Everything was going so fast at this moment. Luke crawled further onto the bed and pulled me along with him. He tuckled at the hem of my shirt. "Mmh, shirt. Off," he mumbled. I'm not sure what was happening next but I did what he told me. I took my shirt off and helped him pulling his over his head as well. 

I ran my hands over his perfectly toned body and let Luke kiss my neck. I had no idea what we were doing but I sure was enjoying it. Even though we barely knew each other, it just felt right.

Since good things never last I heard the door slamming downstairs followed by some voices. Luke and I both shared a shocked look and stayed silent to listen to the noise. "I think it's Amanda," Luke whispered. "No, that can't be. What time is it?" I looked at my alarm clock and immediately jumped of Luke.

"Shit!" he said and also got up. We both quickly pulled our shirts back on. "I think your friends are here too," Luke said. "Fuck, act as normal as possible," I commanded, while straightening my bed sheets because it was completely messed up from our make out session. We both quickly sat down at the bed, pretending like we've been talking the entire time, as we heard footsteps on the stairs. "Shit Emma, your neck!" Luke said with big eyes. "What?" I panicked, knowing my friends would be in my room in only a matter of seconds. "You have a hickey."

"She's probably in her room, I'm gonna check on her," a voice called from the hallway. "Just put your hair like this and keep it this way," he commanded me while laying my long dark hair over my neck. "Can you still see it?" I asked. "No, but I wouldn't move your head too much."

Someone knocked on my door and opened it without waiting for an answer.

This was one thing I couldn't stand about my friends. They always assumed they could walk in whenever they wanted to, it didn't always bother me but it happened before that Sarah came walking in when I was making out with my ex boyfriend or that Carter walked in when I was changing after a shower so I was completely naked. But whatever I said, they wouldn't listen to me.

James walked in my room and he froze when he saw Luke sitting in my room. Of course James had to come in right now, this boy had the worst timing ever.

"Hi," I said when I realized he wasn't planning on speaking first. "Hey." "Hellooo," Luke enthusiastically, clearly trying his best to make James feel uncomfortable.

James mumbled another "hey" and turned back to me, ignoring Luke. "So what happened? You were suddenly gone without saying anything. We figured something bad happened since you never skip school," he said. I feel like the 'bad' was directed to Luke because he glared at him. Luke noticed it too and slung his arm around my shoulder. He surely enjoyed annoying the fuck out of James.

"Oh no, I just wasn't feeling well," I lied. "Oh really? And what was his excuse?" He pointed to Luke. This was definitely the only thing Luke needed to go in defense. "Actually, James," he spoke and I knew this wasn't going to end good.

"Emma had a bad day so I took her with me and look how happy she is right now. You could've done that too but you didn't care about her," he said harshly. I should be mad at Luke for acting like this to one of my best friends but he was right. James knew I had a bad day and he acted like a dick this morning. All of my friends did actually.

"Excuse me? I fucking care about her a lot!" James yelled. "A lot more than she'll ever even now." At this part I was feeling guilty for him. I sort of figured he had developed a crush on me and now he basically admitted it. And the worst part was I didn't feel the same about him. I'll never see him as something else than my best friend and it made me feel guilty. 

I was staring speechless at him, I didn't know what to say. James sighed. "I'll just leave you alone, have fun." And with that he was gone. "James," I whined but it had no use anymore.

I should have runned after him but I didn't. Maybe I was too confused to chase him or maybe it was Luke's arm around me that caused me to stay. I didn't went after my best friend and it was the worst decision I could make.

It also made Luke feel guilty because he became very silent. "Maybe I just should go," he whispered. I gave him a small smile and nodded. I felt no need to do anything more today. "Maybe." "Hey, it's okay. He'll come around," Luke tried to cheer me up. He put an arm around me and held me against his body. "I promise," his soft voice whipered in my ear.

I walked him to the door, walking slowly by the living room where I heard the voices from my friends. "I'll see you tomorrow," Luke spoke and turned around. "Luke, wait a second." 

He turned back around to face me. "Yeah?" I walked closer to him and gave him a last kiss. "Thanks for today, it was really fun," I smiled. I winked at him before heading back inside and leaving him paralyzed at my door steps.

____________

shit just got real