6. The project

"Welcome to my crib!" Luke laughed while opening the door. I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore his lame joke. "Let's go upstairs," Luke said. I simply nodded, without further thinking about how wrong that sounded and followed him to his room. Luke's bedroom was rather simple. It was a typical teenage boy bedroom. He had a few posters from some bands, including all of my own favourite bands, and a pair of pink speakers on his closet. I also noticed a guitar standing in the corner of his room. "Do you play the guitar?" I asked him. "Yeah, I actually play in a band", he answered shy. "What? Are you serious?" I shouted maybe a little bit to enthusiastic because he seemed surprised by my reaction.

"Yeah, do you know Calum Hood?" he asked me. "Yeah, he's in some of our classes, isn't he?" "Yeah, well he's also in my band together with Ashton and Michael but you wouldn't know them, they already graduate," Luke explained. "Michael Clifford?" I asked. That's the only Michael I knew, who went to our school. "The one and only", he smiled. "He graduated last year, right?" "Exactly, well so I started posting youtube videos and then Calum and Michael came to me and we kinda formed a band. And after a while Ashton also joined us as our drummer," Luke explained.

I caught myself smiling by looking at Luke. He talked about his band with so much passion and excitement. He was slightly blushing and his eyes looked soft and honest. I've never seen him this way before. It was like he was a different person. The angry, mean Luke had disappeared and seemed to be replaced by a sweet and vulnerable Luke and I couldn't deny that the sweet and vulnerable Luke was cute.

"Wow, that's really cool! So when will I be seeing you live?" I smirked. "Not anytime soon but we're working on it," he smiled. "It's a nice guitar by the way, I used to have the same one but my father kind of claimed it." "Do you also play?" he asked. "Yeah, my dad thought me", I smiled. "Oh right," he said and I felt stupid for bringing up my dad. 

"So how about you'll give me a taste from that band of yours and play me a song you play me a song," I said, making a turn in our conversation. "I don't know, Emma, I'm-," he protested. "Pleasee, Lukey," I teased him as I sat down on my knees and pretended to beg. "I really want to hear it," I added with a puppy face. "Fine," he sighed. "But only if you play one too," he smiled. "Deal!"