13. In your arms

I woke up feeling even more terrible than the day before. Luckily it was friday and also the last day of the first week of school. So many things happened in this week, it was drama written all over it. I wished I actually could just be sick today so I wouldn't have to deal with all this but I'm sure my mom would be even more furious.

"Look I'm sorry you got in trouble with mom and all," Amanda's voice appeared from behind me. "Wow, thanks?" I mumbled, brushing my hair. "She- Wait, what's that?" "What the hell are you talking about, Amanda?" "Put your hear back," she commanded. "What? Why would I-" before I was able to end my sentence she already pulled my hair back, revealing the red mark in my neck. "Holy shit, did James do this?" she giggled. "Amanda! Seriously, get out!" I yelled jumping off my chair.

I took my makeup bag and tried to cover it.  "So... how was it?" She smirked. I groaned loud and ignored her question. "Come on! You need to tell me, how long has this been going on between the two of you?" "Okay, first of all this has nothing to do with James and second of all there's nothing going on between me and any boy, just leave me alone," I answered, closing the makeup bag since it didn't really helped anyway. I'd just have to put my hair over it again. "At least tell me who it was," my sister whined. "No and don't you dare to tell anyone about this," I warned her before slamming the door shut in her face.

I took the bus to school and when I arrived I made sure I didn't come near by my friends. I saw Amanda looking at me from across the parking lot for a second and then she said something to the others. From the way she was talking I was 100% sure it was about me. They all laughed and looked at my way. I felt a stitch through my heart and quickly walked away. I felt betrayed. Betrayed by my best friends.

I stormed straight into a random door in the hallway, which appeared to be a stocking room. I sat down with my back against a wall and started crying and shut everything out. I barely noticed the noise of the screaming and laughing kids in the hallway or the bell that rang until the door flew open. I felt even more awful and embarresed and didn't even look up to see who walked in. I felt an arm around my shoulder and a voice started hussing me. I looked up and saw Luke sitting next to me and started crying even more. "Luke, go to your class, I don't want to get you in trouble," I whispered. He looked back in my eyes and said: "I'm not going anywhere, Emma. I'm gonna stay right here with you." A smile escaped my mouth and I let myself fall in his arms. He held my thight and stroked my hair to comfort me.  "Is this about James?" "Luke...," I sighed. "Emma, please turn around, I can't talk to your back," he whispered. Something in his voice convinced me and I turned to him but held my head down and my eyes locked at the ground. Luke tilted my head up, making me look in his eyes. He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and let his hand stay at my cheek. With his thumb he carefully wiped my tears away.

When my crying had slowed down and the time was right Luke spoke: "You didn't answer my texts yesterday," "I know," I stuttered. "Are you okay?" I nodded and wiped another time under my eyes. "So do you want to tell me what happened?" "It seems like we missed class again so I guess we have enough time," he added and I smiled. "I love seeing you smile, you have a beautiful smile," he said. I shoke my head. "You should show it more often," he told me. "Well, I only smile when I have a good reason to," I said. "Oh really? Is this reason good enough?" he smirked and brought his face closer, pressing his lips again mine. The sadness inside of me suddenly got replaced by happines and joy. He made me feel so good.

 "Almost good enough," I teased him. "Apparentely it was good enough 'cause you seem to have that smile glued on your face," he laughed and I laughed along. "Do you still want to tell me what happened?" he asked softly. I nodded and sat straigh against the wall again as he did the same thing. 

I told him what happened after he left my house yesterday, not leaving a single detail out. "It would be easier if you just told them you were with me," Luke said. "I know, I'm just too stubborn. They shouldn't be mad if I didn't tell them every detail of my life." "You're right, but I'm sure they'll come around. You've been friends for so long," he whispered. "I really hope so," I sighed and let my head rest on Luke's shoulder. He put his arm around me and rested his head against mine after kissing my forehead. We both were staring at the door in front of us. Just the two of us in each other's arms. Without any problems or responsbilities. This felt so good, even though I thought nothing would feel good today. But Luke managed to make me feel like this. Again. This is why I was slowly falling in love with him.