1. Just Luke

6:00

I had set my alarm early last night because I could use all the time to get ready. I jumped out of bed and made my way to my bathroom. First thing I did in the morning was pressing the play button on my phone, like I always did. Music was a part of my daily routine: Get up, press play, get ready, eat, go to school.

As long as I could remember I listened to music with everything I did. I could listen to the music of my favorite bands all day. I didn't have a specific music taste, I listened to everything I liked. My playlist literally goes from Ed Sheeran to Imagine Dragons. I probably also had that from my father. He always let me listen to new artist to judge because he thought I had a good view on what could be a new hit. He always told me how he's going to keep a place for me at the record label so I could have a good job. I was very happy about that because my life was all about music and even though I also played some instruments and sang I didn't want to be an artist. I didn't think I could handle that so I always imagined myself doing something else with music. That job was the perfect solution for me. Thinking about it now, it wasn't that long anymore before I finished school. I always imagined that as in a few years but it would already happen at the end of this year.

I never actually thought of that before. It was scary to think how fast your life went by without you even noticing it. I couldn't imagine myself leaving my high school friends behind. This was all happening too fast and I wasn't ready for it.

I shook the thought out of my head and closed my eyes to enjoy the warm water streaming down my body. Through the running of the water I heard one of my all time favorite songs. I've heard this song about a million times before so I knew every word. I softly sang and hummed along with the chorus.

What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you,

And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up that you're ok

I'm falling to pieces, yeah, 

I put the towel around my body and took the hair dryer out the cabin. I dried and straightened my hair and did my make up, not to much because I liked it simple.

After my face and hair were ready I walked to my room to choose my outfit. I went with a pair of skinny jeans, a white top and a leather jacket. I also put on my black converses and my favorite beanie.

Hungry as I was, I rushed downstairs for my breakfast. I found Amanda already at the table and greeted her. "Ugh, facebook is filled with stupid statuses," she groaned as I grabbed a bowl along with the cereal box. "What a surprise, everyone's so original after all, right?" I complained along with her. She nodded and continued to scroll down her news feed.

"Ready? I wanna be there early and we need to pick Carter, James and Sarah up," Amanda said when we both finished our breakfast. "Oh okay, let's go then," I answered.

Sarah, James and Carter were our best friends. When we were younger they came with their bikes to our house so we could take the school bus together at the same time. It was a little weird since it only made like 2 minutes difference if we all would leave at our own house but we just did everything together. Now we all had our licences we made an agreement on picking the others up. Each day someone else was responsible for the driving and me and Amanda counted as one person.

Amanda took the drivers seat and I sat down the passenger seat. Mostly I let her drive because I was always afraid that I might crash the car and cause an accident. It was maybe a little overreacted but I just didn't like driving. We first picked James up, then Sarah and then Carter. When Carter got saw us he got really happy and excited, even though we still had seen each other 2 days ago. The reason behind his happiness was probably Amanda though.

They had a huge thing for each other but they always ignored it. They did kiss one time on a party but they acted like that never happened. Whenever someone of us brought it up we got the glare of death from both of them so we stayed silent. But we all knew they would end up together eventually.

Every time someone got in the car the noise got loader. Everyone was talking through each other but none of us minded. We never minded anything from each other because we knew we couldn't live without each other.

Amanda parked her car at 'our' parking lot and we walked inside. I walked along with Carter and James to our first class but got totally left out in their conversation. They were discussing something about cars and barely noticed I was walking next to them.

We were the last ones to walk in the classroom and there were only three seats left. Two next to each other at the front row and one at the back. The two boys sat down, still too busy to notice me so I was forced to take the only seat left.

When I walked to the empty seat I noticed it was the seat next to the blonde boy. I took a deep breath and went closer. I promised myself I'd talk to him so this was the perfect opportunity. I sat down and took my books and then turned to him. "Hi," I smiled. He gave me polite nod and smile and then turned back away from me. "I'm Emma Williams by the way," I said, hoping he would tell me his name. He looked back at me and I noticed something was different about him from last year but I couldn't really tell what it was.

"I'm Luke," he answered. "Just Luke?" I asked, curious to know more about him. He sighed deep and then mumbled. "Luke Hemmings." I smiled another time and reached my hand out to shake his. "Nice to meet you, Luke Hemmings." He looked at my hand thinking about either he should shake it or not and when he looked like he finally made a decision the teacher walked in, making Luke turn back away from me and focusing on him. Mr. Jonhson started with a typical 'first day of school and also senior year' speech to start the first day. I immediately zoomed off. I didn't care about that, all I wanted to do right now was to get to know Luke.