14. Confessions

"Are you sure you want to go home?" Luke asked concerned. Somehow I managed to stay in school today and Luke insisted in giving me a ride home. I replied with a nod. "Yeah, just drop me here, maybe I can work it out with her." He nodded and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek. "Call me if you need me." "I will," I smiled before getting out of his car. 

I took a deep breath and opened the door. Amanda's voice came out the living room. "Em?" "Yeah?" I groaned, while walking towards her. She was sitting in the couch and I realized this actually was the first time in a long time that we were alone. None of our friends were around like they usually were at this time. It was just the two of us.

As I stood in front of her with my arms crossed, waiting for her to speak she took a deep breath to mentally prepare for an arguement/screaming contest and then started speaking. "When are you finally gonna tell me the truth?" "As soon as you stop pushing me into saying it," I snapped back. "God damnit, Emma! I'm your sister! Why won't you just tell me?" She screamed. "Because you don't need to know, just stay out of my business for god's sake!" I did an effort in trying to escape from her but she followed me around the house. "Talk to me!" "Why would I talk to you? You're yelling at me."

Suddenly the look on her face changed from anger to sadness. It was quiet for a few minutes and we took the time to sit down and take a deep breath. "What is happening to us," Amanda suddenly said. "We never fight, especially not like this," she added. At this moment I didn't know what to say. "I just feel like I'm trapped." I said after awhile. "It's like I am bound to tell everyone every detail of my life. It's not that I don't want to tell you everything because honestly the truth isn't that big of a deal at all. The problem is that I feel like my entire life is already planned out for me but what if I don't want to live like this? The group of people I spend time with hasn't changed since I was born. I feel like I've never had the chance to choose something. And this thing what's going on is the first thing in my entire life that's actually happening to me because of me, not because of my parents or friends. It's a choice I made. And I have the feeling that when I go around telling people all about it, they'll all have their opinion and they'll all throw it at me and they'll all do their best to ruin it for me because it isn't 'right', because they didn't plan it for me." Amanda stared at me for a long while and just nodded. "I'm going out for a walk if you don't mind. I just want to think for awhile." I said. Again Amanda silently nodded.

It had just started raining but it wasn't too cold outside. The sky was slightly turning dark and the moon was already showing far above me. I had no idea where I wanted to go but my feet lead me to the park. When I got there I plugged in my earphones and sat down on the wet grass, shutting the world out. I was completely in my own world until someone patted my shoulder. 

I had no idea how long I'd been here but it seemed it has been hours since the sky had turned completely dark, except for the lights caused by the street lights and by the moon. As I looked up I saw the one and only Luke Hemmings. "Hey." "What are you doing here? It's almost midnight, it's raining and it's friday night, are you trying to get harassed by drunk men?" he asked. I didn't even noticed how hard it was raining until just now. I was already soaking wet without even realizing it.

"Maybe I should get drunk too," I said. "I don't think that's a good idea, come on, let's get out of here," Luke shrugged but I refused. "No. I don't wanna go anywhere else," I mumbled. "Okay, fine. Whatever the lady requests," Luke nodded and then sat down next to me. "Do you want to talk?" he asked serious. "We're already talking," I answered. He laughed but his eyes didn't seem happy. "You know what I mean," he said. "How did you even know I was here?" I asked. "Your sister called me to ask if I knew where you were." I rolled my eyes at the thought of Amanda immeaditely calling him to come search for me. "Of course she did," I mumbled.

"Your parents are on a business trip by the way," he informed me. I scoffed, slightly hurt that they didn't even bothered to tell me. They probably just left a note on the kitchen table. We sat in silence for a few minutes as I was drawing circles in the sand nearby us, whick looked more like mud now because of the rain, with my foot. 

We sat in silence, watching the darkness for a while when Luke stood up and handed his jacket to me. I gratefully took it and also stood up. "It's time to go home," he said as he put an arm around my shoulder and rubbed my arm, trying to keep me warm. "I don't want to go home." Luke looked at me and nodded understanding. "Okay, then we're going somewhere else," he insisted.